Reviews for Rank and File Stewart Ackerley
MasterShaper chapter 1 . 7/16/2013
As the Techno Union said in Star Wars, "War is good for business."

Certainly an unusual character study in its own way, and one I find particularly striking compared to the others. That a student might have joined the DA as a means of creating art was thought-provoking, and also went well with the ending, where Stewart hadn't considered his own mortality. His suicide at the end was also a sudden shock which didn't feel out of place; almost like how orchestral percussion sometimes sounds.

Optimism of a sort, yet with a deliciously dark twist to it. Definitely an interesting one.
amazingtofu chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
In the end, though, the Sorting Hat had been right, and maybe it wasn't just his affinity for the technical side of music or how quickly he could write complex chord structures. After all, a Gryffindor, even wounded and unable to stand, even with his wand cracked when he had gone down, probably would have fought the werewolf that had come running at the fallen boy, howling and grinning and licking those awful, sharp teeth. But Stewart wasn't a Gryffindor, and he shoved the wand back in his mouth as far as it would go, and he didn't even realize that his last thought was also the name of a band.

I'm not sure why. But that last paragraph I really enjoyed, even though there really wasn't anything happy about it.

I like how Stu had an ulterior motive (not in the negative way) for joining the DA. He wanted song material. He most certainly got a lot. Not everything is done for one pure, good reason. There's always other little reasons, that's life.
Ansa88 chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
oh my gods...

i'm just thinking, what a waste, but that applies to all the young people out there being unfortunate in any way.

i'll say it again: