Reviews for Book Club
Hazmatt chapter 1 . 11/1
Great story! Very cute! I really enjoyed it!
j chapter 1 . 2/19/2014
Id love to see another chapter of this with castle returning to visit the club now that he and beckett are engaged.
ficscribbler chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
After reading your Gilmore Girls story "Don't Give Up On Us", I had to check some of your other work - so glad I did! "Book Club" is a brilliant idea! As much of a reader as Kate is, it's completely reasonable for her to belong to a book club, and of course it's natural for them to pester her to introduce them to Castle once the Nikki Heat books came out. :-)

I'm delighted to discover that you're as true to the characters here as you were to those in the other story. I enjoyed the vivid way you write both Beckett and Castle's trepidation about the evening, and liked the characters you created to interact with them. This was very easy to read and envision. Thank you for sharing!
Aeidhryn chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
"Well, I think it's very selfish of you," Ellen said stubbornly. The other women in the group nodded in teh background. "Keeping that big hunk of a man all to yourself."

"Guys, it's not like that," Kate insisted.

"Sure it isn't," Ellen teased.

Kate felt like banging her head against the table. "It isn't!"

Sure? You absolutely sure about that? (muahahahaha?)
TheLifeILive chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
This is so wonderful!

I love fics where Castle proves to Kate that he's so much more than the persona that he projects to the world; when he shows her what he's really like when he's not pretending to be someone else.

Donnamour1969 chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Boy, you are a writing machine lately! Not to say your writing is mechanical, lol, just prolific! I enjoyed this "Castle" fic. Loved the nervousness on both their parts. I wish this had been a little longer, so we could have seen the aftermath and another conversation post-club meeting (you know, you could always add an epilogue ;). But it was still great as it is. Thanks for sharing. You've spoiled me for a new fic alert in my mailbox every day. Keep up the great work!
csiAngel chapter 1 . 12/27/2011
Aww such a lovely story. I like this idea and you've written it and the characters so well. A nice read :)
keal chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
This was great! Such a good idea and you wrote it well. I wouldn't mind a little more about Castle maybe squeezing some stories out of Kate's friends.
Nathan fan chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Thank you so much for bringing this idea to life! It came out great :) I especially like the time frame you set it in. It seems like that was the time Kate was starting to accept the fact that Castle was someone she could trust. You also did a great job with the flavor of the book club members. I enjoyed the references to Connolly. Thanks again!
pkl chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Hehe, that was nice.

Loved your last line: "Maybe hanging out with Castle outside of the office wasn't quite the end of the world."

So, so true. Hellooooo? Kate? Do you hear this?
uwprincess chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
I really loved this idea! I thought it was well done but I wished for some of her secrets to come out! Cute fic, nice work!
I'm Widget chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Excellent! I love this.
Starfleetbrat chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Oh I really loved this! Its so great to see a story anywhere where Kate has friends outside of work. I wish they would show us that a bit more on the show too. But I really enjoyed your story, and I loved that Kate was so nervous about introducing him. :D