Reviews for The Moments Before Dawn
Hellga chapter 1 . 3/7/2003
I always imagined Elwing with silver hair, like her mother and great-grandfather. But it, of course, debatable. The story itself is beautiful, as always. And you seem to love . as much as I do :)
arabella thorne chapter 1 . 9/2/2002
Ahh tales of the silmarillion..they are all just so... Wagnerian!

Grand and glorious and told by the light of the rising sun...excellent writing here! A wailing against the fates...

I hear the wind, the creak of the boats rigging and wood and the desperate sadness of Earendil..very well done
Mouse chapter 1 . 7/22/2002
"... and taking the Jewel I clasp the weight of the world upon my brow ..."

I never had much of an opinion of Earendil. Kind of pictured him as this merry sailor who happens to save everyone.

That happy little notion is gone-o.

And I thank you for that. This, here, is not Earendil the Blessed and Gil-Estel and all that. This is Earendil the Man(/Elf), who loves his wife, who wants desperately to give her a perfect life ... but cannot. So real and beautiful and *alive*. I love this.
Furius chapter 1 . 6/1/2002
oh the pain of reading about Earendil, this is nice though, at least half of the family is reunited..
naltariel chapter 1 . 5/20/2002
so sad and beautiful. well written as always. :-).
Forget Yesterday chapter 1 . 5/13/2002
Aaaw I love your Silmarillion fics. This was beautiful
Ithilwen of Himring chapter 1 . 5/10/2002
Thanks for the quote! This is a lovely piece - for the first time, I actually feel some compassion for Earendil, instead of simply seeing him as a jerk who spends his time running away to sea to avoid dealing with his people's problems, leaving Elwing behind to carry on as best she can. Perhaps you could write a companion piece from Elwing's point of view?
alena chapter 1 . 5/10/2002
I read it, was stunned, then read it again aloud as soon as I found my voice. Sheer poetry.
Finch chapter 1 . 5/10/2002
Until now, I used to consider Earendil as a rather remote figure I couldn't relate to. Thank you for changing this.
The Plutonian Cow chapter 1 . 5/9/2002
Wow...that was one of the deepest things I have ever read! You are *very* good at this!
Nemis chapter 1 . 5/9/2002
*sob*

I don't know what to say, except that this is so beautiful... and remembering l'il Elrond and Elros... *goes to cry a little in the corner*