Reviews for Paint the Town Red
Popinee chapter 12 . 5/13
Great story.
Loved it.
Cameo Cat chapter 12 . 1/23
I read much of this quite a while ago, and re-read the whole thing just now. Well done!

To those who read reviews to see if you want to read he story, give this one a try. It works really well, and the author has the Castle characters down very well. A lot of the Biffy characters are original, and also work well in the story. Scenes I'm really happy the author wrote: the one where Beckett says, "No it doesn't [look like a vampire bite]. Those are messy." The one where Buffy mistakes Castle for Caleb. Any of the ones where Spike interacts with Castle. Read the story.
AusChoke chapter 9 . 6/26/2015
Great story. Love the seamless crossover and characters.
Firewolfe chapter 12 . 4/24/2015
I enjoyed this fic. Glad Buffy got martin to confess. Love to see an eplogue where he ends up in hell someplace as someone pet lol, Somehow not seeing Danielle as being as forgiving as Buffy and the gang. Vengence demons come to mind.
Guest chapter 12 . 3/7/2015
This was very entertaining and the single best mundane cops dealing with the supernatural that I have ever read. And it's complete! Congratulations!
etraytin chapter 12 . 10/16/2014
Good story, I liked it! I don't know a lot about Castle, but I still enjoyed the mystery of it. I liked seeing Buffy and Spike from the perspectives of people who knew almost nothing about them. I think the police would've had a solid case even without the confession, but the way the confession was obtained was so satisfying!
Glumski chapter 12 . 9/30/2014
'good story and I liked it'.
No, seriously, this was wonderful. Definitely the best Castle/BtVS crossover I've ever seen though, well, there aren't exactly many of those so this isn't as great a compliment as I thought it would be... umm. It also is one of the best crossovers of any category.
The characters were lovely, your interpretation/creation of Slayer culture was absolutely marvelous (those year names, wow!) and the overall plot was interesting. The first chapters before the arrival of Buffy were - at least for my taste - a little slow. I'd love to see more of this pairing thogh I guess that there isn't a lot of material of Buffy/Castle without repeating a lot of stuff or it getting boring so, well, that might be a problem.
Umm, anyway, I really enjoyed reading this.
Tropp chapter 8 . 9/27/2014
Grumpy Spike is fantastic in your version, love it. Not one-liners but not far away, quipps maybe but no really that either. Anyway good work. Disagree with some concepts but I can take that in the final review.
RogueHunter06 chapter 12 . 9/7/2014
Hey, just stumbled across this old fic of yours after watching some Castle and deciding to dig through the crossover sections. First off: I loved it. Read it from beginning to end without a break. It felt like a real episode of Castle, and you did a terrific job of setting up the mystery a piece at a time and having all the clues fall into place beautifully.

I also think you did a terrific job with the characters, keeping their personalities in place, doing the POVs for your OCs and making everything seem very real. The only criticism I would have here is that you don't have the Buffy speak down, but I can't blame you for that. I'm sure I would never be able to pull it off either! Her personality itself seems spot on however.

Adding to that, I loved your views on the Buffy world post season 7. I've never read the comics either, and I would be perfectly happy to accept what you have written as canon ;). Especially Spike and Buffy ending up together, I always thought they fit really well together! You did a terrific job setting up Slayer subculture.

So, in summary, I absolutely loved it. Awesome job! Sometimes it seems to be hard to find a writer on here with a good grasp of grammar and spelling (and since I'm a bit of a grammar Nazi, it makes me especially eye-twitchy) so it was truly a breath of fresh air to find a complex, well-written story like yours. You're an amazing writer, and I'd love to see you do more in the Buffy or Castle worlds (or even another crossover).

PS: The Twilight Zone bit made me actually laugh out loud. Good one!
Saul Good chapter 12 . 8/17/2014
this was a spectacular piece of writing. tightly written, well characterized, and overall unbelievably fun! you do credit to fanfiction, great work.
ClaireBear32796 chapter 12 . 1/13/2014
I love reading Castle crossovers and though I never sat and watched all of Buffy, I found this really good. You also had good grammar which is sometimes hard to find on this site.
wezza1981 chapter 8 . 12/27/2013
I am loving this story, characters are very real, good job
jAI chapter 5 . 11/5/2013
Oh wow. Mistook Castle for Caleb. Loved it.
Sefi Ne chapter 12 . 10/15/2013
It felt like an episode (or several) of Castle. There was certainly a lot of planning that went into this fic and it paid off. The characters were spot on and the story was incredibly believable. So tell me why this isn't cannon yet? xD Jk
Talon5Krrde chapter 12 . 4/23/2013
Good story!

Is there going to be a follow up with Faith?