Reviews for Paint the Town Red
AusChoke chapter 9 . 6/26
Great story. Love the seamless crossover and characters.
Firewolfe chapter 12 . 4/24
I enjoyed this fic. Glad Buffy got martin to confess. Love to see an eplogue where he ends up in hell someplace as someone pet lol, Somehow not seeing Danielle as being as forgiving as Buffy and the gang. Vengence demons come to mind.
This was very entertaining and the single best mundane cops dealing with the supernatural that I have ever read. And it's complete! Congratulations!
etraytin chapter 12 . 10/16/2014
Good story, I liked it! I don't know a lot about Castle, but I still enjoyed the mystery of it. I liked seeing Buffy and Spike from the perspectives of people who knew almost nothing about them. I think the police would've had a solid case even without the confession, but the way the confession was obtained was so satisfying!
Glumski chapter 12 . 9/30/2014
'good story and I liked it'.
No, seriously, this was wonderful. Definitely the best Castle/BtVS crossover I've ever seen though, well, there aren't exactly many of those so this isn't as great a compliment as I thought it would be... umm. It also is one of the best crossovers of any category.
The characters were lovely, your interpretation/creation of Slayer culture was absolutely marvelous (those year names, wow!) and the overall plot was interesting. The first chapters before the arrival of Buffy were - at least for my taste - a little slow. I'd love to see more of this pairing thogh I guess that there isn't a lot of material of Buffy/Castle without repeating a lot of stuff or it getting boring so, well, that might be a problem.
Umm, anyway, I really enjoyed reading this.
Tropp chapter 8 . 9/27/2014
Grumpy Spike is fantastic in your version, love it. Not one-liners but not far away, quipps maybe but no really that either. Anyway good work. Disagree with some concepts but I can take that in the final review.
RogueHunter06 chapter 12 . 9/7/2014
Hey, just stumbled across this old fic of yours after watching some Castle and deciding to dig through the crossover sections. First off: I loved it. Read it from beginning to end without a break. It felt like a real episode of Castle, and you did a terrific job of setting up the mystery a piece at a time and having all the clues fall into place beautifully.

I also think you did a terrific job with the characters, keeping their personalities in place, doing the POVs for your OCs and making everything seem very real. The only criticism I would have here is that you don't have the Buffy speak down, but I can't blame you for that. I'm sure I would never be able to pull it off either! Her personality itself seems spot on however.

Adding to that, I loved your views on the Buffy world post season 7. I've never read the comics either, and I would be perfectly happy to accept what you have written as canon ;). Especially Spike and Buffy ending up together, I always thought they fit really well together! You did a terrific job setting up Slayer subculture.

So, in summary, I absolutely loved it. Awesome job! Sometimes it seems to be hard to find a writer on here with a good grasp of grammar and spelling (and since I'm a bit of a grammar Nazi, it makes me especially eye-twitchy) so it was truly a breath of fresh air to find a complex, well-written story like yours. You're an amazing writer, and I'd love to see you do more in the Buffy or Castle worlds (or even another crossover).

PS: The Twilight Zone bit made me actually laugh out loud. Good one!
Saul Good chapter 12 . 8/17/2014
this was a spectacular piece of writing. tightly written, well characterized, and overall unbelievably fun! you do credit to fanfiction, great work.
ClaireBear32796 chapter 12 . 1/13/2014
I love reading Castle crossovers and though I never sat and watched all of Buffy, I found this really good. You also had good grammar which is sometimes hard to find on this site.
wezza1981 chapter 8 . 12/27/2013
I am loving this story, characters are very real, good job
jAI chapter 5 . 11/5/2013
Oh wow. Mistook Castle for Caleb. Loved it.
Sefi Ne chapter 12 . 10/15/2013
It felt like an episode (or several) of Castle. There was certainly a lot of planning that went into this fic and it paid off. The characters were spot on and the story was incredibly believable. So tell me why this isn't cannon yet? xD Jk
Talon5Krrde chapter 12 . 4/23/2013
Good story!

Is there going to be a follow up with Faith?
kathy chapter 12 . 2/17/2013
Hi, I just stumbled upon this story and had my breath taken away from me before I finished even the first chapter. I am one of those who loved Buffy to point of obsession (I stayed up till midnight to watch BtVS on TV - I'm from Central Europe), and I fell in love with Castle a year ago. I found a few short crossovers that dealt with (almost exclusively) Nathan Fillion being in both shows. But I still hoped there's a story, a real story, out there...and here it is!
I generally try not to use superlatives too much, as I think it's cheap to say that a story is brilliant and leave it at that. I rather say this: you have done a very good job here. Characters are believable to the bone, both from Castle and Buffy. Even OCs feel like they indeed belong to their respective 'verses. Setup and narrative of the story itself - well built up and written as close to regular Castle episode I bought it without questioning. The thing I particularly loved - those tiny details (Steph fighting in the subway tunnels beforehand, establishing that Steph was a regular in Krimsonn, that red herring of student from dojo with a grudge, all the detective work done, characterizations of all the players).
I could go on and on how much I liked this story. If I was to find something I didn't like - sometimes I got confused who says what in the first chapters, but it only took one more reading to figure it out. So maybe, for better clarity, try not to fit 3 or 4 characters speaking in one paragraph? That's all I guess.
One more time - thank you for writing this. It's definitely one of the better fanfiction storied I read, and one of my favorite Buffy crossovers. I wish you luck in writing as well as in your life!
W.M. Cardona chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
I read this story completely in "one sitting" - despite having been treated for a clogged ear (dizziness is awful) ... I loved the story, and tomorrow I will write a more coherent review.
59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »