Reviews for Stranded
Rudie chapter 29 . 11/1/2014
I've read the whole thing. Overall really good read, but (there always has to be a but)...

I liked portreying of Megamind and pointing out that manacing as they looked, his inventions were harmless for most of the time. Scene in the movie with Miss Ritchi being kidnapped shows gators well out of reach. Well done.

There were couple of places where words did not "roll out of tongue slickly" so to speak, awkward phrasings that i had to go back and read again to get what was going on. You need to work a little bit more on your "writing workshop". Due to those interruptions story didn't flow fluently.

I was annoyed by the excessive use of the name You made up for Megamind. Your right to guess his real name behind his alter ego evil pseudonym, but it then felt like you replaced one with another, and I really did not like your choice. The name was a little bit out of place considering where he grew up, and the origin story was naive and silly, kind of reminding me of Eddie Murphy's movie about giant alien robot trying to blend in ("Hi, I'm Dave" or something)

I think you dumbed down MetroMan a little bit too much. He was not that dense in the movie. He was understanding and accepting when Megamind and Roxanne visited his hideout together, his whole "Ying-Yang" speach... For a moment there I thought he would turn evil, I was kind of dissapointed with his calm reaction to an assault on his friend - there was no public announcement "You might now burn in hell you racist close-minded Metrocity, and I will not lift my finger" - kind of like his speach in the movie, but in reverse. Then again You made him too dumb for that.

Ending seemed to be a little bit rushed, and with all those names needlessly thrown around it seemed a little bit like phonebook. I liked the doctor's son twist, but the delivery of this wrap-up was terrible.

I think you overdid it with rating. The chapter where you wondered about changing it to M was so vanilla compared to the language and conversations of now-a-days teenagers that it was almost funny. Maybe I just live in spoiled times and degradated society. "Just to be safe" is not a sensible explaination, "just to be safe" is a paranoia.

This review seems like a negative one like I'm picking on You and your story, but it is not. I liked it very much, and enjoyed reading it on the bus on my way to work - the fact that I've read whole 29 chapters speaks for itself. The plot was interesting, the romance well written (even if a little bit over-puppy-love-fied amd unrealistic) i just wanted to point out some thing to consider if You want to continue on writing.
Matts.S chapter 29 . 7/9/2014
This was a good history, I can't stop of read.
Lunabellla chapter 10 . 6/26/2014
This story is incredibly good! I'm hooked!
Tartarya chapter 29 . 11/15/2013
I really liked half of your fic. But this is, I believe a problem started with a recent book I read . I really liked how you keep me looking for more with all the plot twist and new adventures when I thought it youl end, but this end... I found it... stupid. :/
Them... living on a desert island? I don't know... I really don't see people of Metro city doind this to them...
Anyway! You write really well, and you're going places! :D
I'm going to check the rest of your stuff. :)
Tangledgirl chapter 29 . 8/18/2013
This was a really good read. Thank you for taking the time to write it, you are very talented :)
ladyspock7 chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
I've been doing so much writing that I find it hard to take the time to read other fanfics. But I will take the time for this one! Well, just where the heck are they, anyway? A typical Megamind plan, something has gone disastrously wrong. Extremely wrong, since he doesn't even have any idea where they are.
Kiarachu chapter 29 . 10/31/2012
Awww..this is a perfect ending, also I love all the child's names, and if you feel so, I would happily read some short ficlet about "Tales from the island of Heima" :D
Kiarachu chapter 28 . 10/31/2012
.GOD! Poor, poor Roxanne! I want to smash in the face all of the Metrocity's citizens! How they could do such a thing! GRRRR! And yay! The twins!
Kiarachu chapter 27 . 10/31/2012
OMG...i don't know what it's worst: the military of the Area 51, or the mob of people who want them dead or something...
Kiarachu chapter 26 . 10/31/2012
OMG...Metro City's citizens are really assholes! And KMCP 8 news is belonging to the Scotts? Interesting...
Kiarachu chapter 25 . 10/31/2012
I like the idea of the link, since I had a similar idea for them (but not so strong, more at an emphatic level)...and ouch for the end of the chapter!
Kiarachu chapter 24 . 10/31/2012
I liked this chapter too...him making French toast was really lovely, the .the shower...and ugh...the arrive of Hal with the bad news...and who was that? A paparazzi?
Kiarachu chapter 23 . 10/31/2012
Awww...awww...really sweet and hot! And even in my headcanon they are made to belong together, soulmates.
Kiarachu chapter 22 . 10/30/2012
Oooh...a shared nightmare! They have some link? In my stories too, they have the BOND (as I call it)

And Wayne is a peeping tom XD
Kiarachu chapter 21 . 10/30/2012
Wow...this chapter made me tense up...but they escaped! I'm relieved :-)