Reviews for A Browncoat and a Greenjacket
Evenmoor chapter 2 . 9/22/2014
I really do hope that you return to this story at some point. It has a lot of potential, and I love the interaction between Sharpe and Mal. Let the misunderstandings and confusion proliferate!

In reference to your question about Captain Leroy, he died at the Battle of Vittoria in 1813 ("Sharpe's Honour" novel). He is the last commanding officer of the South Essex before it becomes The Prince of Wales' Own Volunteers ("Sharpe's Regiment").

On a side note, a street-rat Londoner like Cooper might recognize that the "gibberish" Mal is babbling is actually Chinese. The first major Chinese settlements in England started popping up around this time period. The Limehouse district in East London, with its extensive docks and wharves, formed one of the very first "Chinatowns".
IrishDancer chapter 2 . 4/15/2014
Definitely different. I hope this is just on a long hiatus and not abandoned.
Sphinxes chapter 2 . 10/17/2013
I'm surprised a story with this much promise never went any further...
musterrohirrim chapter 2 . 9/12/2013
I believe Leroy got taken out by a shell...
I love this story, even though I usually shy away from Time Travel as a waste of time... no pun intended. I think Sharpe and Malcolm would either get along swell or rip each others throats out.
Keep Writing!
SparkyTAS chapter 2 . 5/25/2013
I just ran across this story and really enjoyed what you have here so far. I can just see Sean Bean and Nathan Fillion having this conversation. Any chance you have finished this in another location? I'd really like to see how the two of them work out their different timelines. Thanks.
elsa3beth chapter 2 . 4/5/2012
I LOVE your story so far! As a Sharpe book fan, as well as TV fan, I'm glad your incorporating elements from both (and I hope your Hogan is more of the book-verse, on that note). You have the characterizations of everyone down quite well, I think, and Sharpe's dialogue is pretty pitch perfect. I don't think any of your explanatory notes were necessary-you've left just enough context clues in your dialogue to make your references clear (American Revolution, Perkins suspicions, etc).

I don't recall Leroy after Sharpe's Eagle, but couldn't say for certain. I think he's free game to use, or not use, as you see fit.

As for Mal-I'm surprised there haven't been any Reaver references yet, and surprised that Mal would be surprised to find war on an outworld (if that's where he is *wink*). But I'd also forgotten a lot of his war history, and the war history from the firefly verse in general, so I suppose I'm not one to talk!.

Keep up the writing, if this hasn't been abandoned.
Macceh chapter 2 . 3/4/2012
Firefly and Sharpe, two of my favourite things! And now together in one fic, that makes me very happy! Your characterisation is very good and I look forward to seeing where you go with this!

In regards to Leroy, I've just been re-reading the books and can tell you this: Leroy was badly wounded at Badajoz (Sharpe's Company) and was badly scarred, he appears as a Major in Sharpe's Sword and Sharpe's Enemy, in Sharpe's Honour he has been promoted to Lieutenant Colonel of the South Essex and finally in Sharpe's Regiment it is mentioned that Leroy was killed not long before the start of the book at Vitoria. Hope that helps!
batty02 chapter 2 . 2/22/2012
I had to laugh when I saw this my two favoite co at the same story I love it keep up the great job and can't wait to see how mal get out of this one

Thanks

Batty02
Blackadder VII chapter 2 . 1/2/2012
This was a specially riveting chapter, your characters were absolutely spot on. I loved Sharpe's accent which was quite apparent in the chapter. An you captured the relationship rather well between Sharpe and his men. Also the dialog between Mal and Sharpe was spot on, you created the perfect amount of tension. So altogether it was genius and you got me begging for more chapters. I do have to point out a couple of historical errors, one Sharpe would not have called Mal a Yankee. It was a term first invented during the American Civil war to describe the side who won that war. The American Civil War happens much later in history and by that time Sharpe is dead. Also the Independent American Army stopped being called that for a decade, so Mal would not have been called a independent by Sharpe.

But other than that you are all peachy :)
Blackadder VII chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
A brilliant start, such great use of imagery. Especially the gunfight in that warehouse and Mal running away from those French. All very vivd and great use of the term 'showing not telling'. It was a good idea to go with the TV Sharpe rather than the book Sharpe because there's more continuity leeway. An I like the invention of the word 'gorramit', it's the ultimate fusion between Mandarin and English. Top marks on the idea and the awesome first chapter