Reviews for Duplicate
carifoo2001 chapter 1 . 7/14/2014
I think MY bandage fell off as I read this. All my blood (AKA Rose feels) started gushing out and now I'm crying... *sniff*
Lizzy Speril chapter 1 . 1/18/2014
I love this!
diamondred chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
I just re-watched 'The Almost People' and the scene with Amy and where he mentions John Smith really reminded me of Rose and her duplicate Doctor. I'm glad I found this fic, because this really explored what I'd liked to think the 11th Doctor and his ganger were thinking when Amy said "he's not you". It completely reminded me of when Rose said the exact same thing to the 10th Doctor right before he left her on the beach.

Thank you for writing it!
prose.titute chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
I had to check the Wikipedia article of that episode to check that I understood the Doctor/Ganger situation, haha. :)

I hadn't thought of the possibility that 11 might turn his thoughts towards Rose and his previous figure's duplicate. This fic really rings true for Matt Smith's portrayal of the Doctor to me. Well done :) I mean it's a very delicate situation isn't it? The itty bitty humans who have not seen the big bad world the Doctor has been exposed to, are scared of anything... 'different'. Anything that wasn't there to begin with. It's human nature.

I reckon, even with a new Doctor, Tennant can still return for an episode here and there with Piper. I mean sure it’s not good for all of Creation to have the closed parallel universes continually open up and rip holes in the existing universes and end time and all that but still.

If a portal re-opened, The 11th Doctor (or perhaps a later reincarnation, but I’d prefer 11) could travel through it for some plot device or other and Rose could meet The 11th Doctor and the show could revisit human!Doctor, him and Rose both older, living a full, happy ‘humany-wumany’ life together. ) They could chat. Save the world. Have some cake. Whatevs.
Rcx42 chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Lights! Camera! Drama!
zoe alice chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Whoa, intense. I did think of this, sort of, because I got really mad at Amy and railed, "You can't treat him differently than the original Doctor! What if Rose had done that?" And the AU-ish-ness of it didn't really bother me, because 1) I like AUs and 2) The timeline of the episode is quite messed up; at this point the Doctors might not have switched yet. Wasn't it after this that Amy followed one out and he had a mental connnection to the Flesh?

Lovely barrel, by the way. :)
firewordsparkler chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
I loved this introspective-ish fic. And the band-aid at the end. I loved it.