Reviews for A Step By Step Guide on Growing the Hell Up
SomeStrongSaeki chapter 1 . 3/25
Loved this. There really needs to be Maki/Sendoh love out there. Thanks for posting!
Kimmytrainer chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
I can't say the ending truly ends it, but I love your writing style. It is very poetic and very beautiful. I also love this pairing. Thank you for writing this story. :)
Kaiser Washington chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
I rather liked this. Not a fan of pairings in general, but still. You've expressed in so many words what others (including me) routinely struggle to give coherence to: the man behind the mask, or in this case, the ace. I would say that the first section, for that reason, is my favorite. But the part where Sendoh asks Maki out struck me as sort of superfluous, because they already seemed closer (in a platonic way) than they could ever be if they dated. That somehow seemed to ruin the mood - then again, as I said, I don't like pairings. I'm very glad that you acknowledge in the end that Sendoh is better than Rukawa.

Well written.
Star7 chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
I liked this. A lot. Not a pairing that we see much any more, and a nice change :D

I think you got it perfect at the start - Sendoh's feelings of being under pressure were very powerful.

I do think it went a little unnecessarily "fluffy" towards the end - we kind of lost the sense of the characters as it turned into more of a generic romance. I think you could have done without the "conventional" stuff like chocolate and roses ." Still there were some really good lines in there - I really liked; "Maki is the boy who does not know how to lose and you are nothing but the boy who has won far too many times."

Thanks for sharing this with us! :D