Reviews for The Becoming
badmelk chapter 2 . 1/5/2012
so heart wrenching! you've got the gift of angst. so well written.
K chapter 2 . 1/5/2012
This one killed me. From the peaks of Tom's anger, to the shadows of whatever Janeway's feeling (and that you're being so sneaky to conceal). Totally killed me.

Going to re-read about four more times and die some more.
HugMyMoose chapter 2 . 1/5/2012
Tough emotional chapter, I hope that Kathryn comes to her senses soon She doesn't know what she is missing. I believe that she is just scared.
Kim chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
YAY! A post-Threshold story from my favourtie J/P author! Your reluctance to even "do" a story like this tells me that you have this one well in hand. I expect this to be another gem. Can't wait for more.
poppaeasabina chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
I'm not at all surprised that Tom bonded with the baby and Janeway didn't; it's consistent with their personalities on the ship. There's a reason that Tom got married and the Captain had a series of short affairs.

One of the biggest problems with Voyager was the frickin' reset button. Every time something could have happened to complicate life on ship, thereby making the show INTERESTING, everything went back to default setting. F'rinstance, why didn't Seska's baby turn out to be Chakotay's kid? Imagine him raising a half-Cardassian on Voyager. Why didn't anybody have to raise the Borg kids? No, better to get rid of them and try and recycle some more lame one-shots instead of having CONSEQUENCES for anything. Why rapid-age Naomi? Toddlers are more interesting than pre-teens, and also require more looking after.

I don't know where you're going with this story, but bear in mind that just because they have a kid is no reason for Tom and Janeway to become a couple.
JL chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
This is a wonderful beginning to a very unique story. I'd always wondered about why Chakotay chose to leave the "offspring" behind and what would happen if he hadn't, and this story gives that a chance.

Please continue soon as I look toward reading the continuation.
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 1 . 12/27/2011
Fantastic start, I love the role-reversal with Janeway and Paris and how Paris is so attached to the child and Janeway fears how this will affect her and her position as Voyager's captain. Also, her anger at Chakotay is perfectly sound and placed; I hope that there is some sort of confrontation in the future there.

Also, great job on the descriptions and the characters. All the characters' voices were spot on!

I await more.

CP7
amieemb chapter 1 . 12/27/2011
I like this viewpoint. We always see the happy side of the consequences of "Threshold" but it's nice to see the panic inside of Janeway.
CrlkSeasons chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Decisions always have consequences.

Chakotay has been criticized for leaving the three offspring behind. It is often assumed that everything would turn out well if they were brought on board.

One child only. Not three. With no way of sharing, if separating children from each other as if they were no more than someone's possessions can be called sharing.
badmelk chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
whoa. always thought they shouldve turned those lizardlings into human babies. cool concept and delivery :)
HugMyMoose chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
This should very interesting I can't wait to read more, this is a slant that I haven't read before I hope that you update soon!
CanonAntithesis chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
So glad to see another wonderful J/P story from you. Yes, you're stories are certainly not fluffy, but they are incredible and they make you think.

Every time I think I've worked up my nerve to write my own J/P fic, I read one of yours and I chicken out.

Can't wait for more.
red2007 chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Yeah, I really enjoyed this. I like your take and I would love to read more!
Alpha Flyer chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Beautiful. Searing. Tearing. True.
Runawaymetaphor chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
K:

1. Thanks for reminding me how vehemently I swore off doing a "Threshold" story. Kind of made me giggle. Well, giggle/cringe.

2. I know silliness of pic doesn't really jive with my stories, but I saw it somewhere else and Couldn't Resist Using It. Just too fracking funny.
32 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »