Reviews for Of Tsunami and Lightning
emletish chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
ooh my gosh this is so tense and so well written and gah!

I can see this actually, if the canon relationships took. Katara is such a dynamic character - she really does have a tsunami inside her (beautiful metaphor) she would hold that cavalcade of emotions back, for Aang's sake - but they're always there lapping below the surface.

she can't be around Zuko too much because he makes her long for "release" and she knows she can't have him.

And the longing is so subtle and delicate and tragic!

Erichthonius chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
Simply lovely. I appreciated that in this telling of missed lovers Katara, and not Zuko, is the one holding back and avoiding contact. Doesn't trust herself around him much does she, hmm? And there was such explosive tension between them in the scene all without the pair ever touching. :3 I like to think Zuko is the sensually beckoning tsunami that Katara so desperately wants to lose herself in.

Oh, very minor point. I was a little confused when Zuko said, "I...still can't bend lightning." I thought he had lost his ability redirect lightening, which in my mind IS bending in the same sense that all other 3 types of benders manipulate (and cannot actually create) their element. Plus Katara is reminded of her mocking him for losing his firebending years before, which only reinforced this idea in my mind. Took me a moment to think on the "still" and realize he meant he couldn't generate lightening yet.

Wonderful short read!
AnnaAza chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
I really loved this, even though it was tinged with sadness.