Reviews for Shipping Up To Boston: The Trevor Project
DarXe chapter 8 . 8/1/2012
These were really good.
FaBbEr0oZ chapter 8 . 5/6/2012
I love how you quote Dr. Suess in each chapter. I should do a video when I can. I've seen a few, they're inspirational.
thankyou chapter 8 . 1/3/2012
I just want to say that I love what the two of you have done with these stories. They gave me goosebumps all over, i.e. these stories were very moving. Keep up the awesome work!
Ang715 chapter 8 . 12/30/2011
It astounds me how you capture these characters voices. But what's even better, what you do and what others who can reach a broader audience COULD do, is the beautiful words that you give them to speak. As I said earlier, at the end of The Trevor Project story on Chapsticklez's page, this story has been a gift. And who would ever believe that the "video" that moved me the most would belong to Crowe! Now that takes talent. You're badass, ladies. Keep it up;)
icepikk chapter 8 . 12/30/2011
Funny. I'm a professional activist, the kind of person who is supposed to give out these messages, not need to take them in... but sometimes, it gets hard. I woke up to some particularly obnoxious bile in my inbox this morning, and maybe it's because I'm on vacation and my defenses are down, but it hurt. Any other day, maybe I would have thought this was a bit repetitive, or maybe I'd have skipped it because "I do this for a living, I don't need a PSA" - but I'll tell you that today, reading those affirmations over and over again... it helped. I wasn't hopeless, but there's something just a little bit special about hearing Maura, Jane and the rest handing out hope. Thanks.
ChapstickLez chapter 8 . 12/28/2011
I'm very glad you all liked it!

To read the continuation of this story, come on by my profile page and read "Shipping Up To Boston, Part 1: It Gets Better"
afret2010 chapter 8 . 12/27/2011
Excellent "PSA"! Great work ladies.
rsonee chapter 8 . 12/27/2011
This was a good story. I will be looking for the follow up.
CaptainStone chapter 7 . 12/26/2011
I want to thank you for bring up about deaf with mobile especially iPad on this chapter. It brought me a smile. Many thanks. *Giving you my hugs*
Swishla chapter 8 . 12/26/2011
Interesting take on the subject and leading up to what I'm sure is going to be a tear jerker story. What impressed me most about this story besides being well written and not overly emotional while still delivering a huge emotional punch is the inclusion of Crowe. Very nicely done.
CaityBeloved chapter 8 . 12/26/2011
This was truly a beautiful story, with such an important message.
thetamarine chapter 8 . 12/26/2011
kudos!
RestlessSoul03 chapter 8 . 12/26/2011
Awesome I loved all of these, as well as the whole concept in general. :D
WalnutHulls chapter 8 . 12/26/2011
These capture the voices of the characters nicely. Adding the director's voice gives each spot an extra dimension.

Korsak makes a great point about talking to someone else if the first person (or people) is not helpful.

I had to smile at "Don't call me Janie" and Frankie talking about talking to Angela.

I expected Maura to be the final speaker (and loved her unpacking the Seuss), but you surprised me with a different choice, but in a way that stayed very much in character.

Nicely done!