Reviews for The Way I Love You
debslmac chapter 64 . 8/27/2012
Pyejammies chapter 64 . 8/27/2012
Sounds like a lovely wedding. Yes, Edward, let that be the one and only time you cheat on your wife.
Barbie2 chapter 64 . 8/27/2012
Wonderful chapter
NotTheMoats chapter 64 . 8/26/2012
Something had been bothering me about this story that I couldn't quite place my finger on, but tpea1288 who posted just before me hit the nail on the head. It's been unfair to Bella and sometimes strikes me as unrealistic even though you're trying to make the best of a bad situation with the story. And it would have been better to do the Alice chapters as another story. I've been "this close" to removing your story from my favorites because of them... I just found myself wishing a new chapter would be posted so I could skip past them.
tpea1288 chapter 63 . 8/26/2012
It is interesting that while Edward keeps focusing on his fatherhood; it has never occurred to him that Audrey is a girl who will grow up at risk of being mistreated & betrayed the way her father mistreated her mother & stepmother. Why doesn't this give him nightmares? Edward's focused on his fatherhood; Bella & Alice had/has fathers too. Edward was never called into account by any outraged father or mother of either Alice or Bella. How will he advise Audrey to protect her against men who might cheat on her or declare love for her while making her his mistress? How will he treat the men who do?

Gender roles play a large part in this story. How different would it be if the situation were reversed?

Bella & Edward declared their undying love, prepared for a joyous life together, years enjoying each other before they start a family when Bella discovers she is pregnant by the Other Man [OM] when she cheated on Edward. She tells OM, then Edward, promising OM she will always take care of him & the baby since he is the father of her baby.

Despite having told Edward she wasn't ready for a baby & this was the biggest mistake of her life, Bella announces she is thrilled to become a mother even if this hurts Edward. Edward should support her, get past the cheating, become involved in the baby's life & love this product of her infidelity with another man as his own.

She focuses entirely on the baby, spending time with OM going to doctor's apts, classes, songrams, picking out baby names etc. She goes to his home to help set up his nursery even though he doesn't need help. She supplies emotional support to him & reassures OM he's still physically attractive.

Bella's parents are hostile to Edward; they love OM & want her back with him! Bella delivers with OM there holding her hand & Edward waiting in the waiting room. Bella touches & kisses OM repeatedly, thanking him for giving her this baby.

Afterwards, Bella announces publicly to Edward & all that he is no longer her priority or the most important thing in her life; the baby has replaced him.

Bella spends time with OM alone, repeatedly apologizing to him for cheating. She doesn't apologize to Edward. She declares OM is too good to be with a cheater but Edward isn't. To OM, she throws Edward under the bus by falsely blaming him for the affair. She doesn't defend Edward from OM's verbal attacks.

When Edward goes out with friends, Bella declares she will no longer go out with him to have fun even if the baby is with OM. All their conversations are about the baby.

I want a HEA for Bella; she is the most admirable of all the main characters. Edward should be laying the world at her feet ; she forgave him & found it in her heart to love the child of his infidelity as her own.

Instead, he doesn't seem to care about her dreams or friends or family.

He told her 2 years & she could have a baby; he waited 4 to propose! Was she on approval all this time? Jasper & Alice have known each other for a shorter time yet are already engaged. Why couldn't he commit sooner, given her sacrifices & the fact he said she was his soulmate?

Edward cheated on both; both forgave him. Yet Edward kept pestering Alice with remorse but showed no signs of remorse for his far worse treatment of Bella.

Edward's & Alice's possessiveness & jealousy of Audrey will never be satisfied. Audrey has 2 mommies,2 daddies. Jasper will & is taking part of Edward's place; Bella with Alice's.

What they want: a child conceived in love in a happy intact home who will stay in their home always & never be shuffled off to another set of parents.

Audrey will never be that child! She can't give them that!

But they can both have children who are! Those children will bring them more joy than they can imagine!
twilightnaley19 chapter 63 . 8/26/2012
So happy for Edward and Bella, even for Alice and Jasper.
vampirelover1985 chapter 63 . 8/26/2012
:D
DaniWithGreenEyes chapter 63 . 8/26/2012
well FINALLY! 4yrs? really edward? it took you that long to get over whatever guilt you had about alice? what about the guilt you should have for cheating on bella? its a little unfair that b/c she was the mistress she doesnt get the sorry b/c at the end of the day he cheated on her too. BUT whatever i can get past that b/c they are finally making it official :) that's all i ever wanted for bella, for her to get her HEA.

i'm not going to lie, it kinda pisses me off that alice and jasper got engaged first. UGH! and i can see why edward would be jealous, not of jasper but the fact that he gets to have audrey all the time (bascially) and what he only gets weekends...still? just saying its unfair. and yes once i press post review i'll move on but is upsetting that edward held on for so long to his guilt or whatever he was holding on to and its completely unfair to the woman he says he loves. i'm ready for some edward and bella chapters, i know this story isnt just about them but i'm ready to see them happy b/c other then this litte snippet of a proposal is been all about alice or audrey, what about bella?
ArekWhitlock chapter 63 . 8/26/2012
very sweet;)
tracyluvstwilight2010 chapter 63 . 8/25/2012
loved it :) Aww gald they are getting married.
divyvicki chapter 63 . 8/25/2012
Great chapter. Can't wait to start ur new story.
lettywilson chapter 63 . 8/25/2012
Glad to see Edward and Bella are still going strong all these years later. Looking forward to wedding and hopefully they do have some babies!
Pyejammies chapter 63 . 8/25/2012
At last. I hope by waiting they have both made certain that this marriage will be successful. It's great that they are all on the same page with Audrey.
Barbie2 chapter 63 . 8/25/2012