Reviews for The Dragon King's Temple
Shades of X chapter 12 . 11/14/2021
i keep coming back to this story ever so often. and each time I fall in love with it anew. You are such an awesome writer.
SeventhSister4 chapter 1 . 10/21/2021
to clarify while I don't exactly like the language-gate-thing I really like showing the language barrier and them trying to work around it
SeventhSister4 chapter 1 . 10/21/2021
I think the story is really good but there are things regarding the stargate part of the story that bother me that come from the author not hahaving seen it. the biggest thing is just the language-gate-thing which just feels unnecessary because it's sci-fi, practically any sci-fi with alien worlds just discovered has this problem, because it's just not practical in a story sense to have a language barrier all the time. it takes a long time to get past a language barrier fully normally, and the only reason it goes faster sometimes in stargate is the basis that the languages they encounter developed from earth languages. my problem that caused me to go "...what" and comment this (as normally I just ignore things but today im tired) is that: sam is not short. she doesn't appear tall in the show however this is completely due to the fact that her fellow cast members are also tall. amanda tapping who plays her is 5'9". that's not short. anyway, sorry I just was annoyed by the details on an already short fuse day, the story itself is great though
apcobe chapter 12 . 8/29/2021
HOLY...CRAP. I...LOVE...THIS...FIC. I have a passion for Anthropology, history, cultures, and this fic is full of that, and what's more, I love it when authors fully think through the implications of various fictional thins and really delve into that, and this fic has such things in spades. Stuff like the language barrier, the ability to really go through what would ACTUALLY MAKE SENSE in given situations when you think it all the way through. It just full of all sorts of things I can't even believe are there. This story is a gem, and I eagerly await more from this universe. Confession time: I read this story having not seen SG-1, so I'm gonna fix that soon! Also, just a personal idea/request/"pretty-please", I actually love to see the reactions and storytelling of two universes first meeting and just...reacting to the information, I love to see their horizons expanding in real time , so id love in whatever sequel you write, that you don't shy away from essentially exposition dumps and their ensuing dialogues and reactions, I personally love that stuff. To be honest you've already really captured that here in some areas, just saying don't think that people find that boring...because I sure don't!
CalenderGirl90 chapter 5 . 8/9/2021
Hey read this now for the fourth time. So very good!
SunsetSongwind chapter 11 . 4/12/2021
Flying mutant ninja were-lemurs - I laughed so hard I fell over. I love this story!
zinne chapter 12 . 4/3/2021
I love this story so much. I've read it now doe the fourth time , I believe. thank you for writing this, and please keep writing.
chidoriprime chapter 12 . 3/25/2021
PLEASE tell me that we will see Indiana Jones-esque shenanigans in a sequel? :)
sun1995 chapter 12 . 2/7/2021
good Story:)
Kricket2 chapter 8 . 1/16/2021
OMG, I remember that “physics of hell” joke. I like how firmly you set this in the late 90’s; the tech, the culture, and all.
Kricket2 chapter 6 . 1/15/2021
I really do like seeing Sokka’s strategic mind at work!
Kricket2 chapter 1 . 1/14/2021
It’s so great to see Janet’s viewpoint - I always like seeing her in fic. And the way she and Sam are watching the benders (seeing combat stress, etc)... *chef’s kiss*
Monster King chapter 12 . 11/19/2020
Awesome
Cybergades chapter 12 . 11/15/2020
I honestly don't have words. Wow. this has been a trip from start to finish and it's kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. The way you portrayed the characters... bang on. I honestly can't think of a single thing to point at that i'd have a problem with, and that's rare for a fan fiction. The story was riviting, and at the same time lighthearted in places, while being heartstopping in others.

Honestly, the only thing i can think of to complain about is that it doesn't continue, and even there, i agree, however much i wish i didn't, with your reasoning for that as well.

So great job. you really nailed it.
cengland chapter 7 . 11/12/2020
Your definition of mineral is wrong. From Wikipedia:

"In geology and mineralogy, a mineral or mineral species is, broadly speaking, a solid chemical compound with a fairly well-defined chemical composition and a specific crystal structure, that occurs naturally in pure form."

And it has this:

"Moreover, living beings often synthesize inorganic minerals (such as hydroxylapatite) that also occur in rocks."
1,413 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »