Reviews for The Dragon King's Temple
nomuse chapter 9 . 3/23
Oho. A nasty sheer zone in the rock "fixed with iron?" Someone has been doing research on the Cheyenne Mountain Complex.

Oh, and the Horns? Someone has definitely been doing their research!

Incidentally, love how you've been giving the Tok'ra a few choice words.

And, yeah, I'd geek out on the inferences of naquadah being up in the Island of Stability - among them, that supernovae are TOO WEAK to make the stuff! - but half the time the show treated like a compound, not elemental (I have my own head canon for stuff like naquadria, to wit; anything that heavy is going to have a hell of a lot of allotropes, plus potentially multiple stable or at least long-lived isotopes).
nomuse chapter 4 . 3/22
Wow. I'm overdue to comment here - and from the dates I see, you finished with it four years ago!

First off want to remark my background is opposite. Know SG1 fairly well, don't know Airbender at all. So hats off and kudos and big thanks and all of that for doing something regrettably few fanfic writers do, and doing it well: in short, seamlessly providing enough background for anyone to understand who these people are and what their situation is.

Second, among many things to like, loved the language stuff. I think there's only two SG1 writers who have mentioned that we've been going around calling the System Lords by their GREEK names - and modesty prevents me from mentioning the other.

The idea of the gate acting like a Tardis translation circuit is hilarious. And as you've pointed out, the implications...! A friend of mine pointed out something akin when Star Trek Next Gen revealed that every Federation member was wearing their own Universal Translator hearing aid; if they were always on, every individual would in time drift off into a personal slang that only they and the translator fully understood. Worse, if they got it in childhood? Full idioglossia. (Against that, we know there is a "Klingon word for _", but how does the translator know how to skip the next word? More scary implications there.)

Toph fooling around with graphite was, um, scary. Because of course it is just one allotrope of carbon, and how fine is the scale of her bending? Because there's only one narrow step from feeling how the honeycomb lattices of each graphene layer are slipping against each other, to fabricating buckyballs.
DGtnsl chapter 3 . 3/3
Uh oh! Looks like an ice-spirit came through the Gate with the benders, doctor, major, and Jaffa first prime! Things are gonna get rocky. Not that things aren't often rocky at the SGC, that's just how Murphy's law manifests at the base settled around an interplanetary portal.
That Jaffa, Sanura, is interesting. Her and her Wise One (Thoth? maybe?) definitely are up on their English Earth slang. I wonder why/how. I'm also curious about how the Wise One is different from other Goa'uld. First the not-run-of-the-mill military tactics. Then the slang. Then the lack of gold emblem. Mmm
DGtnsl chapter 1 . 3/3
This is soooo awesome! I love how you tied in the language difference, genius! I don't know how the benders got here - spirits from what I've gathered (Toph finally has her field trip!) and idk what happened to the rest of the humans at the base, and I'm lovin' the mystery.
DeathLadyShinigami chapter 1 . 3/1
I think I just need to inform you I have lost track of how many times I've reread this fic, I love it that much. So all my love to you and your awesome writing skills. I look forward to any future fics while I eternally love this one!
Cirucci2.0 chapter 12 . 3/1
Is this going to have a sequel?
SuperiorShortness chapter 12 . 2/13
Awesome... I really hope we see a political super fast uplift for the GAang world. It would be an interesting change of pace to see Daniel, Janet and Sam being the more useful members and the major conflict dealers Toph and Zuko having no idea to handle certain politics putting their world back together...

After all the GAang world really needs tons of diplomacy at this point... And neither Zuko nor Toph are the best at it despite having the best political/noble backgrounds TO deal with it.

Hope we see a sequel soon!

A Fan,
-Kevin
Sue Clover chapter 12 . 1/30
Mmmmm. Wow. Well, I'm really, really glad you didn't go with your initial idea of having Djehuty be the bad guy. That would have been kind of boring, considering what we got instead. One of my favorite plot devices is where you take something really really old in the story, almost old enough to be beyond memory, and reveal something about it that was previously unknown which changes the entire nature and purpose of everything you know about the fictional world up to then. And you did it with both these fandoms, in a really neat, intricate way. It's both fascinating, and tidy, and mysterious, and it tickles all of my spots for that trope. It's gorgeous.
In most stories, long A/N get boring, but not with this one, because all of them are pretty much pure meta, and I inhale that kind of thing almost as fast as I devour fic. So, overall, this was an amazingly fun read, and I thank you for it.
Sue Clover chapter 9 . 1/30
Well, they might not show many signs of fatigue after bending, but Aang definitely nearly passed out a few times after using the Avatar State. So, not TOTALLY Free Lunch.
I vaguely remember HS chemistry mentioning that when people were studying the heavier elements, they thought there might be a mythical one at a certain atomic weight that was stable - something to do with the number of electrons and protons and the shape the electrons are floating around in. They never found it, but they thought it should be there. I think they called it the "island of stability" or something. Also, on this one planet in SG1, they discovered something called Naquadriah, which was like Naquadah but not, and was much more volatile. The scientists of that world played around with it, of course, and very nearly blew up their own planet, and Daniel had to step in and save them.
Sue Clover chapter 6 . 1/30
Okay, first of all? I really, REALLY like this Urdu/Djehuty guy. I just plain like him. Like wow.
Sokka is very genre-savvy, doncha think? Like, "Rule number one is Don't Split the Party." Basic Dungeon genre rule, of course he's gonna roll a stealth check.
And finally, I love this fic. I absolutely, positively, completely am in love with it. The work that's gone into it, the research, the thought, I just - wow. Not just the world-building details, which are amazing, but the characterizations and the character development, and the plot, are all so intricate and rich and real and I love every bit of it to pieces. You should go pro, if you haven't already. I just... wow.
Sue Clover chapter 5 . 1/30
Yup, definitely only want to see Toph using bone-bending for healing. Seriously, though, it would be so useful to be able to just snap your fingers and fix a broken bone, without a crack left behind as evidence. Not to mention badass.
Sue Clover chapter 4 . 1/30
Wow. I absolutely love your geekery, and explanations for things, and just... everything about this fic. Wow. Didn't really say much earlier because of overwhelming need to /get to the next chapter/, but big interesting A/N means my brain went out of story mode long enough to consider commenting, so here you go. Love, love, love this sooooo much. Wow.
Cairine the Elf-Hearted chapter 11 . 1/21
Posting This Chapter instead of the last one because I've already reviewed there: I hope that one day there are at least some oneshots to go with this wonderful, magical story. Specifically reactions about Zuko being the Fire Lord...
dauntlessofthesea chapter 12 . 12/25/2016
Really good!
SirRacha chapter 6 . 12/23/2016
That was the one big problem for me about the show that they gave Aang a copout to getaway with his non killing issue.
1,258 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »