Reviews for The Dragon King's Temple
CalenderGirl90 chapter 1 . 6/13/2020
Really enjoyed this story. Have read 6 times now. Love the chapter sizes and the content! Go Toph! So cool. Can't wait for more. Thanks for sharing a great story
zinne chapter 12 . 6/1/2020
Great story, thank you so much, very well written.
New-and-possibly-improved chapter 12 . 5/30/2020
I read the whole thing as quickly as possible, I couldn't put it down! You combined two of my favorite universes flawlessly, I loved it!
Guest chapter 12 . 4/25/2020
This was such a great story, I enjoyed every minute of it!
Guest chapter 12 . 4/19/2020
I really liked this story. It was incredibly well written, realistic with basically no plot holes and with everyone in character. I also admire the amount of effort and work that you clearly put into this story and it came out amazing. The only problem with it that I have is that I want to see what happens next.
scenic97 chapter 8 . 3/27/2020
Just dropping by to say that I really love the occasional references to the earth-location of SGC. colorado springs? I have a friend there! Cheyenne Mountain? I took a fieldtrip to a zoo near there in elementary school! The summer blacktop? Yes, I know how hot that is! but at least it's not humid!
scenic97 chapter 4 . 3/26/2020
This chapter was just TOO EXCELLENT not to comment on individually! I absolutely loved all the science thought that was happening in this chapter, especially seeing everyone try to put together what they know and have observed about Toph and Zuko in the report room. I, too, have not see Stargate, but Daniel's social science ramblings were on point for some of the absentminded academics I know. And the enthusiasm! From both him and Schemes! I loved it so much.
I 100% agree that "experts in everything" is an extremely common mistake in pretty much any small central cast. Thank you for acknowledging that and working some more limitations into both Janet and Daniel's work. I think that that not only makes it more realistic/humanly possible, but it also ups the excitement for the reader when they figure something out _despite_ not being an expert, because their observations led them to an educated guess that turned out to be right. This is much less deadly in Daniel's case than Janet's, admittedly, but eh, that comes with the terrain and they both know it.
I really loved the naquadah concentrations as an in-universe explanation for why Toph and Zuko (and the rest of the Avatar world) are kids-cartoon-level durable. And I am eager to see what you decide the side-effects of naquadah deficiency are; I'm dreading it for the characters' sake, but very curious what medical direction you'll take it in. Similarly, what is the lack of sunlight going to do to Zuko? It doesn't seem like it's _Embers_-verse-levels of damaging yet, but I hope he can make it out to the light of day soon enough. Bonus points for an adventure into whatever town lies near the mountain; maybe he and Toph can have a show on a streetcorner! As long as they don't let the ice monster out with them, that is.
I really love Zuko and Toph's interactions; found-family relationships for the win! The way the cover each other and complement each other's strengths is wonderful to read.
Lastly, I am very excited to see the bending innovation that is forthcoming not only in Zuko's healing, but also what the two of them can do with electricity. And I am strongly predicting that at some point, Toph accidentally causes a power outage that leads to major death/destruction. She'd better figure out that the lightning in the walls needs to stay where it is sooner rather than later.
I can't wait to see what's to come!
I give up chapter 5 . 3/18/2020
Who are these characters? They're certainly not SG1 or Zuko and Toph. They dont speak the same language, they're from different cultures, almost all of them are hot heads in their canon, and yet they read each other so easily it's like they all got sherlock powers! They do nothing but leap to conclusions based off of a random glance or smirk, and somehow they're usually 99% right. Theres a reason Sherlock has Watson. It because a cast of nothing but Sherlocks is incredibly tedious. In fact it's even worse here, because outside of toph's lie detector powers, every character you give these powers of observation is terrible at reading people!.
DBNY94 chapter 5 . 3/18/2020
This fic makes a grotesque art of having characters basically deducing other character's traits from basically a single expression instead of, you know, actually getting to know each other. In this chapter Zuko sees O'Neil walk in and basically reads his entire personality from a smirk.
Unimpressed chapter 4 . 3/18/2020
Giving Zuko new powers out of now where, even with that contrived explanation you have, was unnecessary and as a result this gives off heavy 'Embers' vibes.
For context, that's a fic with pretty good writing that twisted and reinterpreted AtLA lore to make Zuko the greatest, wisest paragon of virtuous justice that ever was, and made basically every other canon character ignorant, stupid, or both... it also had this creepy interpretation of the air nomads that gave off some serious "Rootless cosmopolitan" vibes.
DBNY94 chapter 4 . 3/18/2020
There is way to much detail about the characters thought processes in this fic. It's like 10% story, and 90% sherlock mindpalace. A character, like Toph, does a sentence's worth of action and a character, like heather, spends entire paragraphs analyzing it to depth. It ruins the pacing.
Sauwk chapter 12 . 3/6/2020
Masterpiece, 20/20, would read again
Klyme chapter 12 . 3/2/2020
Are u ever gonna make a sequel I really wanna see Jack and them faces when they find out Seiko is fire lord
BlazeVein chapter 2 . 3/2/2020
Woa. This is a clever work. Good ob :)
Tactition101 chapter 12 . 2/18/2020
This was an awesome story, thank you so much for giving it to us!
1,405 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »