Reviews for War Guilt
El Chacal chapter 1 . 7/15/2014
Wow. This is a great depiction of the Treaty of Versailles. I like also that the countries are depicted as human beings of sorts and their sentiments on the events after WW1 were described in such detail. Good work. If there is more like this, I'll keep an eye out for them.
Pebblepaw chapter 1 . 5/10/2014
I feel so awesome right now XD we learned all about this is school, too bad we can't just hetalia!
GenderBender25 chapter 1 . 2/25/2014
This was great, and it truly cast a light on the revenge sceme of it all.
MyCastleOnACloud chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
America is smart. I love stories like that! :)
kuromi123 chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
I love how America and Germany interact and after hearing how America tried to help Germany I felt a burst of extra pride for being part of this country. XD
Velgamidragon chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
You did pretty good with this! :D I kinda wish that you'd gone on to mention that Germany had surrendered based upon Wilson's Fourteen Points, which is also part of the reason why the Germans were so outraged with the end of World War I. The difference between the Fourteen Points and what they actually got was way too much.
queenchesh chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
Aw! Alfie! Luddy! My precious babies, I'll hug you~!
In The Mix chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
I really like this! Good job!
Shiva491 chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
I'm impressed. This is some nice writing.

Frankly, I've always wondered about the Fourteen points. Historians generally seem to agree that it would have been a very good idea. It was incredibly optimistic in some ways, but it would have saved a lot of strife.

And I wondered how it affected America to have it rejected and twisted.
SkullMate chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
I thought this story was really great! I've always loved reading about an America that was smart and mature. I like the facts that you included. They gave the story more, credibility, I guess. Made it more believable. There's just one thing about America joining the war.

America joined because of the Zimmerman note(Note from Germany to Mexico asking them to attack America) And Germany's unrestricted submarine warfare which caused the deaths of over 100 Americans.

It's a great story either way though! I suppose I'm just a bit of a history buff and it bugged me.

Great Fic :)
BlackWitchesCat chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
i liked it. i always felt bad for germany ;-; they didnt really start the war an ally of theirs did *huffs* *huggls germany* im sooooo sorry they did that to you
Germany fan in America chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
I learned a little more about history today. Thank you for this great addition to the archives, it's truly wonderful. You know, it's this sort of stuff that makes me think that Hetalia has one of the best fanbases in the world. Well-written, educational... Yes, definitely amazing.
Caveat Lector 52 chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
Very nicely done.
xasiannoodlesx chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
Nicely written. It's great to see a slightly different side of America!
JLBB chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Very nice story, my friend. I was surprised that America could speak and understand german. I have never before seen that in a fanfiction. And all the facts you presented, like the fact that they didnt really interact before the war with one another where very nice.

You could have added that the 700.000 to 800.000 germans (mostly civillians) that died by starvation due to the british blockade helped a lot to develop the longing for revenge. The blockade was first put to an end when Germany had signed the treaty of Versailles which lead to many dead germans from 1918 to 1919 even after they had stopped battling the Allies in November 1918.

But a really good story and I really liked this Alfred. Smart and understanding. Better than what many others make him out to be.

Great fic!