Reviews for Post Tenebras Lux: Acceptance
leiasky chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
Glad to see another bit from the PTL story! A definitely different story than I was expecting.

I'm not too much of a fan of Mommy and Daddy's POV (as I'd rather see much more Severus and Hermione interaction!) but you handled the prompt well. I did enjoy their interaction and how Severus didn't even care if they didn't like him and had no concerns with telling them so.

Him catching Hermione eavesdropping and their bit of banter was my favorite part. They know one another well and it would be difficult for her parents to really disapprove when seeing just how well they interact together.
MSCOCO chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
i loved the first story and this one says it all. thank you.
Frusie chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
This is the second one-shot you've done that didn't have any sex. Who are you and what have you done to Loten?

I kid, I kid. This was far more interesting that I expected. I was a little sad when it ended.
Kat chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
I love this! It reminds me so much of my parents' reactions to my husband. He's quite affectionate with me, and a good storyteller, but my parents don't get too many glimpses of that side of him :).

Much like I'm sure Hermione would do, when my parents point this out to me, I reply "I'm in my 30s; it doesn't matter what you think". LOL.
Xxwhy-mexX1 chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
lovely one-shot )

I absolutley adore Hermione's dad, the way he's interrested in everything in the magical world is so much like Hermione.

I understand that severus woudn't care what her parents thaught about him or theire relationship, he never really cared about anyone else's judgment exept Hermione's.

just as a smale reminder, PLEASE update 'chacing the sun' soon. pretty please D
Chloe chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
My initial reaction to the idea of Snape/Hermione has always been EW! THAT IS SO GROSS! However, I decided that I wasn't being fair, so I took a deep breath, sat down, and read the first Snape/Hermione story that I saw, which was this. So now I conclude that this story is... not bad. Not bad at all. Although I'm not quite sure why Snape is alive after the war, I loved his conversations with Hermione's parents. The whole reserved thing was very him and I liked the ending (after I stopped gagging at the idea of Mione kissing a man old enough to be her father). But anyways, I'm easing myself into the pairing and this was a good start. Now, I'll take another deep breath and find another Snape/Hermione after telling you that I liked this story. Wish me luck.
moor chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Gah-how do you do this? :D

You make it seem so easy and natural, the way you write how the characters view each other through different points-of-view.

I really liked the realism & plausibility in this addition to PTL. :) I like how you had each member of each couple balancing their counterpart-and the darker/protective (and still loving/affectionate/devoted) sides of Severus came out very nicely. : )

Thank you for sharing!
SarahNoir chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
I love, love, LOVE this story and I've missed it so much! Thank you for writing this extra piece of heaven!
The Winterwitch chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
A lovely addition to the Tenebraeverse - thank you so much for taking us back there! :o)
keelhaulrose chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Loved it from the disclaimer. Though, if I owned Severus I'd have much less time to read ff.

As always, quite awesome.
HopefullyEloquent chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Excellent, as usual.

Oh, and happy belated Christmas :)
Undomiel753 chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Wonderful chapter! I like that it has such a light atmosphere.
notwritten chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
That was a good story. Thanks for sharing. Keep smiling. :-)
Night Vision1 chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
The Granger's weren't the hardest parents to win over, but they sure weren't the easiest. I always enjoy any revisit to the realm of PTL. Thanks for the snip it into the Granger's thoughts.
KellyJoy chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Glad to see you back! (I was missing my bi-weekly dose of Loten!) I hope you had a lovely Christmas – I got jewelry, boots, a gift card for some new books, and a margarita maker, so I’m happy. :)

I imagine that developing a congenial relationship with the in-laws can be tricky enough for anyone, but it’s an extra challenge to gain the approval of the parents of a bright, special daughter. That Hermione’s their only child is I’m sure a huge part of their overprotective attitude. (As the youngest of three daughters, I can attest that my parents had lost much of their pickiness by the time I was dating, though that comes with increased pressure to get married like my sisters and settle down already...and I’m not even out of my twenties yet!) It was amusing watching Severus’ refusal to “play the game,” as it were, of pleasing the parents: no emotional declarations of his feelings for Hermione, outright stating that he couldn’t care less if they never spoke to him again, and, well, there really wasn’t much “convincing” involved in Severus’ intention to share a room with Hermione, was there? Still, his love for Hermione shone through, and I’m glad that the Grangers were able to recognize it in the end.

Hermione stole the show for me with her obvious affection for her man, his intimidation prowess, and his wand skills (I loved her giggling), her increased perkiness after having her man back in her bed, her distaste for fawning boyfriends (I agree), and her being unable to resist eavesdropping on Severus and her mother, and her amusement at being caught at it despite her attempts at being inconspicuous. And the ending was perfect. :)

I always enjoy magical theory and explanations of how the wizarding world functions, and the bits here (wand frequencies, a possible genetic basis to magic, the royal family knowing the truth, the idea of Ministry of Magic employees scouting the internet for fantasy fiction that hits too close to home) were great.

Thanks for the update, and I can’t wait for more Chasing the Sun! KellyJoy