Reviews for Post Tenebras Lux: Acceptance
ann may chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Wonderful take on how the Grangers got to know have loved to see their faces when Serverus and Hermione were "necking".If ever in the future you should be empty of ideas (perish the thought)how about a "road trip",how they found their the land and moved the caravan?Seriously though I'm overjoyed with whatever you write and want to share with us mere mortals:)
MioneWatson chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
I loved it! Excellent take on Hermione's parents. I actually have gone back and started rereading PTL, probably for the fourth time now, and I still can't get enough of it. It really has become one of my fav HG/SS stories.

But, anyway can't wait for the next installment of Chasing!
freelke chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
wow. I was so happy to see your new update! I adore this story and I appreciated their(parents) point of view. I also loved how he tried to explain magic to them in terms they could understand. I don't know if I can wait for the 3000th review to get a new snippet. I sincerely hope you continue to write more one-shots from PTL whenever you feel inspired. I still can't get enough of that story and universe you created. great job as always! look forward to the next one!
EreshkigalGirl chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Yay, it's up! And it was very good. I like having this copletely outside look at Hermione and Severus. It was interesting to see how others see him and how he reacts to them. The end was funny - he does know her so well!
012343210 chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Hurra! Thanks so much for this, Loten. It's a real treat to read your stuff, and I'm delighted you went with this prompt. (Although if you ever decide to write Hermione and Severus on a double date with Neville and Luna, I'd be thrilled to read that as well.) One of the things I appreciate so much about your writing is that you maintain fully populated worlds rather than pretending that there are only two characters wandering about for the entirety of a story, and your Drs. Granger are wonderful!

So uptight, that mother, so wary and guarded... I like seeing Severus call a spade a spade and name it for the fear that it is. When he actually hands his wand over to her? Quite the display of trust. And Mr. Dr. Granger? I'm glad he's an observant fellow, and much more open and curious about the magical world. I get the sense that he and Severus will get along famously.

Thanks as well for your discussions of the muggle/Magical divide. I love the idea of a branch of the ministry dedicated to pop culture. Hmm... memory modification of the Prime Minister? Certainly, certainly. (Also, I think you're a mindreader with your bits of the Queen knowing as well... I wrote a 500 word story a few months back about a confrontation between Fudge, Kingsley, and Elizabeth II. Apparently this is where all our minds go who loved that opening chapter of HBP.) Can you even imagine the damage Philip could do if he decided to speak out on the subject? He graces the world with so many hilariously inappropriate thoughts.

And ultimately, this is a lovely set of scenes showing the depth of H&S's knowledge and trust and acceptance of one another. I had no clue that this happy result would come about after the day I finally sat down to write that slough of reviews after reading PTL in... July, maybe? June? It's been a while. But I'm very glad it did. Thanks very much!
Explopyro chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
This is yet another excellent offering, Loten. I'm really hard-pressed to say much more about it - this was an excellent perspective to see and it fits very well into the established PT,L; I'll never say no to more of that story.

Furthermore, your take on the Doctors Granger continues to be realistically human and fascinating. It shocks me somewhat how few stories I've seen in this fandom that really explore the dynamic between Hermione and her parents, especially since there's so much material there to get into (the memory modification shenanigans only being the tip of the iceberg, of course). So many seem to either forget they exist, reconcile things much too easily, settle for a permanent estrangement (which could be realistic, but those stories rarely have it affect Hermione much, which is a travesty, even if it's consistent with how I fear Rowling would have written it), or just kill them off. I've read a handful that do handle it well, but I've found them to be few and far between, and this one does stand out.

The fact that you're able to write this story from their perspective, and do it so well, only continues to highlight the enormous attention to detail you put into these stories. I can imagine it takes quite a lot of effort, but it certainly pays off, especially in cases like this where we really see that all of the minor characters are complex and human also.
MollysSister chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
I very much enjoyed hearing the Granger's points of view. Their concerns are valid and no wonder it took years to over come. Thank you!
Dentelle chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Thank you for this lovely Christmas present. It serves nicely as a fix to alleviate my withdrawal symptoms for CtS. Very nice, and the end was funny and sweet, ahhhh... Mollifies the Grangers perfectly.
M chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Crookshanks was trying his best to steal the show here
Dearlady2002 chapter 1 . 12/27/2011
Yay! I liked this little short, though I did not hear rhubarb or rock stars lol. Can't wait for the new chapter. :)
kate w chapter 1 . 12/27/2011
Amazing! I loved everything about the conversation between Mrs. Granger and Snape, particularly your explanation of wand frequencies and Wizarding politics. This is what I look for in fanfiction, authors who can convincingly integrate their own theories with canon.

Well done, well done! :D

katewilkowa
storry-eyed chapter 1 . 12/27/2011
I loved reading from Hermione's parents' perspective. Also, there was lots of Severus, which always makes me happy XD This was lovely to read.
Mystical G Panther chapter 1 . 12/27/2011
Aw!

Can't wait for the next chapter of Chasing! Update soon!
blue artemis chapter 1 . 12/27/2011
That was a delight.
Kernell chapter 1 . 12/27/2011
Way. WAY too cute.

Can't even begin to tell you how much I adore how you write the relationship between Severus and Hermione. I love how you were able to show how true he stays to his character regardless of others, even Hermione's parents, and how much he cares for our resident know-it-all.

I say down with flashy expressions of love. It's all about subtlety, baby!

Can't wait for the next year to come as that'll mean another 365 days of reading your amazing work! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and will have a grand New Years.

Cheers,