Reviews for The Gift of Self
jareya chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
Oh wow, how did I manage to miss this on? Beautifully written, so insightful and intimate... and funny. I love the way you explored such a deep and sensitive issue in such a realistic yet romantic way.
Cocobelle chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
Labyrinth01, I really enjoy your stories about Brenda. You have a gift, and I hope you are going to write more BLJ stories for us!...pretty please?!
ProcrastinationQueen chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
This was lovely.

I do hope you continue to write, and write the Brenda/Fritz 'ship. It seems like most stories out there now are either Brenda/Sharon or Brenda/Flynn, and neither of those interest me. But beyond the shipper stuff, you write really well and have such a good feel for the characters.
fantasy67 chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
Loved this story.
Thenewgirl chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
This was just beautiful. Very well-paced and true to the characters. I agree with JuliaB's and Natchez's perspective on the original scene and love how you wrote this new scene to show them growing even closer. Your Brenda/Fritz stories are always a joy, and a "slow, thorough" love scene would make my year...just sayin' ;)
sf.fangirl chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
Well done. That's a nice Christmas present for Fritz and for your readers.
Luawalshie chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Thank you for writing to us, you know I miss most fics Brenda/Fritz.
Ilovetheclosersomuch chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
This story was so amazing and heartfelt. This was so sweet and just ohhhhh I loved it so much. Amazing job you are a great writer please write more.
Natchez chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Very good story. It's one of those that nicely fills in the blanks. When she said that about Fritz, I thought, "He's really overwhelmed that she would say this about him." I thought he looked overcome about what she said about him being decent and loving. And I honestly don't think it was a "tactic" as much as it was desperation to get this woman from behind the wheel of a car.

But, I digress.

The story was well-written and true to character. Good work.
Lorrie chapter 1 . 12/27/2011
Perfect story, very true to character. Excellent, really enjoyed it. BTW the cat's name is Joel!
Juliab chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
I enjoyed this very much. I too wondered about the conversation Fritz and Brenda would have when they got home.

I didn't think Fritz was embarressed when Brenda mentioned his alcoholism to Kelly. I think it was more of a "she gets it" moment for him. I certainly don't think she spilled his secret to the squad as some have mentioned. After all, Flynn and Gabriel had him come and help Brenda on the case that was dealing with addiction.

Anyway, I liked the conversation between Brenda and is a very private person and it's hard for her to let someone into her soul. You show how much she loves and trusts Fritz.

I liked how Fritz "thanked" Brenda.