Reviews for Triad
Watashiwa-Nanashi chapter 8 . 5/3/2012
This story is... interesting. I'm not quite sure where it's headed at any one time; and just when I figure out what's going on, extra degrees of complexity complicate the situation. I can tell that ASoIaF is on your reading list.

I've always despised the Law path of LUCT. A lot of my friends like it for being the most morally ambiguous of the paths, claiming Denam's justification that the massacre was necessary, while I hold that the Chaos path proves that it was a stupid and soulless waste. I can very well see Law!Denam coming to this point, if he does think so logically about his decisions.

This might sound odd, but I'm wondering if the big revelation Balxephon dropped on Denam is that he's Dorgalua's true born son. It's an idea for a fic that was inspired by the story of Mannaflora's two amulets. Why give the second to Denam?

The alternative of course is that Denam is Balxephon's child, which is interesting and explains some of the stranger moments between them, but doesn't quite explain the timeline discrepancies. And Loslorien can always use capable, loyal commanders, especially those susceptible to "logical arguments" and every reason not to rebel.

I've always liked Andoras; he's a good foil for this Denam the same way Leonar is for Denam in the early game.
Megaolix chapter 7 . 2/23/2012
Now, why do I imagine Catiua having Denam escort her back to wherever the biggest group is, call in Vyce and whatever heads of splintered factions of the Resistance there is and call everyone idiots for thinking that separating into groups because some weren't happy with others would help and thus playing right into the Dark Knights's hands?
Megaolix chapter 6 . 2/7/2012
You know, Denam may plan for things as much as he want, but I have a feeling someone (I predict Catiua) will slap sense into Denam and make all those plans crumble. How long can someone go with so much self-loathing anyway? And this isn't really helping coexistance in the long run either.

And it also seems to assume the Dark Knights will only do as Balxephon said they would. I mean, I doubt Balxephon expect Denam to do nothing more either.
Megaolix chapter 5 . 2/3/2012
Oh wow. No offense, but after reading this, I can understand how people could be sick of depressing stories. You dropped so many weights on Denam that I can hardly see how he's going to get back up without Balxephon's permission. You complained everything went wrong for the Dark Knights and all going right for Denam... But now it's pretty much the reverse happening.

Not that it's a bad story but... Denam needs a shining light of hope for the road ahead, badly.