Reviews for For Your Eyes Only
falconer54 chapter 1 . 2/11
I was actually thinking for a while that G and R were actually Dark Lords, respectively Grindelwald and Riddle, but... instead I found that the master manipulator can be manipulated! I wonder if anybody is manipulating the DoM?
tgcgoddess chapter 1 . 8/28/2014
Nice story!

As I was finishing it, I thought that at the end there would be a bit about the Unspeakables sitting around the break room laughing about how Dumbledore fell for the old "Epsilon clearance" gag! Your ending was much nicer, though. I wonder how Fawkes would react to Dumbledore's new "friend"?
regfurby chapter 1 . 10/24/2013
So it's not enough that Dumbledore is a manipulative old bastard who plays with the lives of others like they were disposable tools, there's actually a whole organization of even more manipulative old bastards who catalogue the activities of the manipulative old bastards and other up-and-coming Dark Lords and try to play them against each other? Holy shit!

At least the even more manipulative old bastards are putting in more effort than the manipulative old bastard Dumbledore in fixing the world's problems.
atymer chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
Interesting. I feel as if the unspeakables got Dumpy sufficently distracted to stay out of the war business.
No one ever knows when those types are telling the truth. CIA comes to mind. *snort*
Nanchih chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
1) My fuzzy memory has Merlin living backward, growing younger - and 2) vague memories of him having/using a ball! To keep his tea warm? Very odd indeed! Would you suggest a re-reading of Mort D'Arthur, or White, or Disney?
god of all chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
Great chapter and story so far please continue this story soon.
David M. Potter chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
Interesting...
slashslut chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
hmmm, are such an interesting opening gambit, i was waiting for kind of twist or something from the unforgivables that would trick dumbles or allow them to influence him away from his schemes ... something. seemed like the story was building up to something and then it just kind of ... ended ...
Logan Rollo chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
Interesting... It almost reads like a sketch bit from the original Heavy Metal movie. Make the little ball green and you have the Loc-Nar.
gryffinsdoor chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
Very nice fic, although I was waiting for something at the end - a twist, a revelation, something about the sphere - but it sort of fizzled. There seemed to be an undercurrent of secrecy throughout, a level beyond even Dumble's new clearance, and the whole thing was some kind of subterfuge, but for what?
bakapervert chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
Interesting story.
notyou chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
This is really nice!
Othala chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
Well, that was interesting, but it kinda seems to lack something for me.

And to be honest, first instinct said that that sphere was something the Unspeakables would use to get rid of a 'problem'...