Reviews for A Twist of Fate
His mother is pathetic, estrange all the kids and then come crying about not wanting to die alone.
the god complex is real
Fumbles needs to be brutally murdered, his kind disgust me.
im guessing this isnt a blood protection story since its possible for a part of moldy to attach himself to Harry. Which then begets the question: what happened? hope we find out later
for once i might actually like Remus
Snivvy being the evil shit he is, as always...
Sirius can be secret keeper for his own house at Grimauld place... i just dont get why they cant be their own secret keepers for their own bloody house, nobody can get the secret from them if they are inside the house. Lily is supposedly this super brilliant witch too... Its just such an annoying plot hole.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 34 . 4/20
I can't believe you made Remus that prejudiced. Squibs come from excessive inbreeding, not intermarriage with Muggles. And Remus is educated enough to know that nobody knows where Muggleborns come from because the Wizarding world doesn't keep track of squib genealogies.

Both Sirius and Remus react pretty out of character here. They should both be above such prejudice of Parseltongue. Sirius because he was raised to respect it as a gift, and Remus because he well-educated and a so-called Dark creature himself. Imagine if the other Marauders had acted that way when they figured out that Remus was a werewolf!

Another chapter where Sirius is too stupid for words, and Remus gets equally stupid. Oh no! It's contagious! And they have to turn to the font of wisdom, Dumbledore, to get put back on track. He's the last person I would trust with such a secret if I were truly afraid that Harry was Dark. What would Dumbledore do if he though the world needed protecting from Harry Potter? Not a pleasant thought.

But then, all the adults in canon are incredibly stupid too, irregardless of their reputations as intelligent, enlightened people.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 33 . 4/20
Sirius's birthday is Nov 3rd, not Nov 30 according to JKR's tweet.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 31 . 4/20
I should be liking this story more than I am. Canon Sirius is very likable. Always putting other people at ease and not taking life too seriously even though he's gotten a really raw deal. He's surprisingly content to live a life on the run as long as he can stay out of Azkaban. I should like that he's got Harry and Harry's growing up with a brother and a sister. I should like that Remus is with him and Yuki is his love interest.

This Sirius seems constantly overwhelmed by his responsibilities and barely able to keep it together even with the help of two friends and managing to avoid a decade of Dementor exposure. He seems to lack self-confidence. He doesn't attack life with the arrogant confidence of the Blacks that canon Sirius has. He smokes, which is a real turn-off for me. (Remus smoking weed is an even bigger turn-off.) Sirius's relationship with Yuki is not all that comfortable—they never quite seem to see eye-to-eye—lots of friction between them. It doesn't seem all that surprising that they haven't made their way to the altar yet. We get only glimpses of Harry and the other kids so there's not a lot of the joyful, playful atmosphere I would expect. Unlike canon, moving around a lot and staying at least one step ahead of his pursuers seems to be a real burden for this Sirius.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 29 . 4/19
Actually Crouch Jr would have been identified by other captured Death Eaters at their trials. Karkaroff fingered most of the Death Eaters as part of his plea bargain. Snape could have fingered him as well. He would not have been rich enough to get off on an Imperius defense, and certainly his father was not in the mood to be lenient with him.

Crouch Jr stands out as one of the most fanatical of Voldemort's followers, and also one of the most talented, contrary to the opinion your Moody expressed above. He was far more talented than Pettigrew, for instance. Only a very talented wizard could have bested Moody himself, kept him prisoner and then impersonated him for most of a school year, undetected from Legilimencers Snape and Dumbledore. Plus he had to have been talented enough to brew vast quantities of Polyjuice potion, one of the more difficult potions. He also proved to be a talented DADA teacher. He was able to confund the Goblet of Fire and also change the destination of the winner's cup Portkey after it had been enchanted, presumably by Dumbledore. If Moody doesn't think much of him then it's not for lack of talent, but rather lack of motivation since he hates his father and wants to undermine him.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 27 . 4/19
Walburga isn't actually head of the Black family and what she say doesn't really mean a thing. The Black family is patriarchal so only males can lead, and Arcturus is the real head. When he dies Sirius will be next in line because his father Orion has already died.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 26 . 4/19
Fluffy. Very fluffy chapter.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 25 . 4/19
I never found Jo's/Dumbledore's explanation very convincing. It was an argument based entirely on circumstantial evidence, and lack of real evidence. Obviously the Wizarding public never bought the argument either because they celebrated Harry and not Lily. The Tale of the Three Brothers would tend to indicate that it was a Peverell legacy that was inherited by James. In the tale, the owner of the cloak is invincible until he chooses to give up the cloak to his son. This would point to some real protection against death for the lineage of Ignotus Peverell that prevents the line from dying out. Dumbledore never even investigates this possibility so we don't know the exact mechanism. But James did chose to stand and fight to the death and when he died Harry became the sole surviving descendant of Ignotus Peverell. Old magic of this type is far more plausible (to me) than unsubstantiated old magic based on Lily's sacrifice posited out of the blue by Dumbledore/JKR.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 24 . 4/19
"reluctant though he was", not "reluctant though he were". "Were" requires a plural subject and "he" is singular.