Reviews for Ascension
the ticking clock chapter 1 . 1/19/2014
I don't think I have ever been so emotionally connected or invested in a story before. Amazing job.
Romanticist chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
That was heart-breaking and supremely lovely. I listened to "The Lark Ascending" on YouTube as I read, and it brought all Sherlock's pain and beauty to life. Thank you!
PockySnowshadow chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
Gah, this is too ridiculously amazing to even praise properly! What wonderful, poetic, descriptive, rich writing. Totally captivated!
ev1l-ch1b1-urd chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
just...lovely. Thanks. :)
AReader chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
Amazing. Utterly fantastic. I had to read the entire thing out loud, just to figure out how it sounded. Lovely. Just a side note- the way you write the sparse dialog in this piece is absolutely genius.
godiva33 chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
So sad!Poetic and beautiful!
Elsie chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
I've never liked a sound of single violin, but this story made me listen to classical violin melodies while I read it. Your writing together with the music made my heart ache for the poor man, and I really could hear him play out his loneliness, day after day. It was beautiful. Whoever has ever said that fanfiction cannot be real culture is so utterly wrong; this story of yours was a piece of art.
Doni chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
Beautifully done.
kitkat7sherlock chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
that was... incredible. absolutely beautiful :')
Kila9Nishika chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
Beautiful.
audrocks chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
poetry. speechless. bravo. thank you.
TSylvestrisA chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
This is...this is...this is GORGEOUS.

"But he knows that beyond their sloping sides, there is a city, and in that city there is a flat, and in that flat there is a man, and in that man there is a world that is far different than this empty countryside."

My chest hurts.
It's-Teatime-Somewhere chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
...wow...I feel like I need to say some amazing thing, but I can't! That story was so poetic and flowed like the notes it explained! It had the right amount of sadness mixed with a tiny bit of hope as well as some fear at the outcome. You captured Sherlock perfectly, and I lved fj symbolism of the violin piece :) also, the one line, "He hangs up. Breathes. Saves the file, over and over again" just made me cry. It was so raw and real an I could picture it perfectly in my head. Very talented writing!
Sophia Anya Lee chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
This is painfully beautiful.
Lyrium Flower chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
This is so beautiful and heartfelt that it is heart breaking. You have captured yearning, anguish, drowning despair, loneliness and regret, longing and spiralling sadness like so many individual notes, and woven them into music touched by just that little bit of unfailing hope.

A standing ovation.