Reviews for Notes from Juilliard
ayellowbirds chapter 9 . 6/19
I wanted to thank you so much for the time and energy you put into this, and Genma's Daughter. I was introduced to it by a friend in the fandom, and while it was sad to see you hadn't finished this, I was immediately drawn in by your writing. You have a powerful sense of emotion and heart, and a great skill at character voices. It's so easy to visualize the scenes, the characters speaking, to see the motion in the mind's eye. I hope that, where-ever your life has taken you since your last update, you are finding ways to express that artistry, even if it's not in the same way.

Like Ranko, I guess, huh?

Ranko's journey in your words has meant a lot to me as a woman, especially as a woman who was forced by the world around me to pretend to be a boy for so many years. And as a New Yorker, the setting of this particular fic has been impactful. I suppose there's also reasons Tish's story has been important to me, too, though it's so different from my own experiences at the same time. You've reminded me how much I love classical music, too, at a time when it had also hurt to listen to it.

Again, thank you. Thank you so very much for this, and for whatever you are doing, now. Thank you for being in this world, and putting good things into it.
Slie Amos chapter 9 . 5/2
I read this awhile back and enjoyed it (& the others in the series) immensely. Like the others, I hope to see this updated and finished, the way the series is written hooked me from the first chapter of Gemma's Daughter till the point Notes stalled (trust me I understand about life, and writer's block, getting in the way. My own story is currently on hold for these same reasons.

Please try and find time to finish the series.
Strawberry Charlotte chapter 9 . 4/20
I just binged all of your Ranma fics, right the way through. About twice.

I really liked these, they were well-written, funny and extremely poignant. I found myself tearing up on more than one occasion, but I feel like the highest praise I can give your work is that it gave me that post-book melancholy you get when you finish a really good book or series of books.

I know this story isn't complete, and looks to be fairly dead but I have found myself hoping that someday soon I'll see that update to it that means I can have more of the fix that is this fic.

In short: thank you very much for the lovely experience and someday I hope it is completed.
NinjAlt chapter 9 . 1/1
I still absolutely love this story. I'm guessing you're long gone from this website but I absolutely love this story and wish I could read more of her journey.
ebonyandlace chapter 1 . 11/2/2020
Hello! Just rereading the whole set now and here's to hoping you'll post an update with the whole story soon! First found this story so many years ago and still a pleasure to reread.

Hope you will post the rest too :)
Marlene Elisabeth Larsen Langli chapter 9 . 10/6/2020
Oh man I really hope there's some chapters hidden deep in a computer somewhere! This series is one of my all time faves, and I so hope to see it finished some day!
Mizuno Tenshi2 chapter 8 . 10/3/2020
I remember reading Genma's Daughter in the days of yore, before FF and am happy to reread Ranko's adventure, and also hope more chapters come out soon. The last part of this chapter resonates even more with me now, since I've done martial arts for most of my life to a pretty good level and have been doing ballet for the past few years, and shifting into expressing emotion instead of just force is a hard shift to make. Anyways, thank you for sharing your stories, you're greatly appreciated.
SonkaD chapter 8 . 6/4/2020
Thrilling continuation, just as your two first stories were. You created an entrancing universe with excellent characterization. As always, details are all accurate. You're a very talented writer indeed.
Now too bad you left us over such a cliffhanger... My first guess about Ranko's artistical problem was that she had to come to terms with her past to let the emotions out. My second guess was that it would take her to fall in love with Jean-Pierre (not that I want that...) But since you're such a good writer, it looks like you came up with something much more interesting than those poor ideas of mine, so now I'm thrilled to find out! Is this just related to her practice of the martial arts in general or to the cat fist in particular?
And of course I'm thrilled about where her heart will head to. I was so glad you paired her with Ryouga, then I've been dreading what I saw coming: she goes overseas, grows up and falls in love with someone else... And poor Ryouga will be heartbroken... That's been done a million time, but that's probably how life goes actually... But after seeing your last twist about her musical skills, I do hope you have something more interesting in store for Ranko's lovelife and that you can still make it to a happy end for Ryouga and her.
In any case, thank you for writing this beautiful story, and please, please, don't drop it! I hope you can finish it some day.
NowIKnowWhoIAm chapter 9 . 7/2/2019
Superb story, a great progression after Genma's Daughter and Equal Halves. Honestly, the improvement is really great between stories (i regard your stories as the best Ranma fanfics i have read). I hope that you are well and can take your time to finish it and who knows? Maybe another story grounded in Ranko's universe 10 or 15 years after Juilliard (just to catch with everyone! Old readers and new ones). In my mind, your stories are fanon as much as can be, and could exists along the canon stories because they thrive in parallel worlds. Cheers and an imagunary embrace at the distance!
Stardust00 chapter 9 . 5/15/2019
Love this story plz finish I what to see how it ends.
SlickRCBD chapter 9 . 11/6/2018
Well, it's been 5 years since your note. Is NFJ truly dead?
The story is 15 years old now and hasn't been updated in 7 years.
Zackwolf97 chapter 1 . 8/22/2018
Ok hold up because in Genma's Daughter Ranko can convey her emotions in the music. what the fuck happened? like really what made it to where she can't do that anymore?
James1996 chapter 9 . 3/29/2018
Great so far! I very much look forward to reading more in the future if you ever continue this. Witch I very much hope you do because of chapter 8's cliffhanger...
bscar chapter 8 . 1/20/2017
Here we are, 7 years after your last chapter was written/published and 4 years after you updated your story with an author's note. I remember reading Genma's Daughter on your .MAC page and followed you here to , so I've been a fan for quite some time now.

I really hope you've been able to get some/most of the story written up in this amount of time, though I know how real life can dampen things. Perhaps another update on where you are in terms of writing the story and whatnot, if you've got the time, and you're reading these reviews
BnZ chapter 9 . 1/14/2017
I hope this gets finished soon. Been waiting a long time for closure on this trilogy.