Reviews for Máhanaxar
sitara-asha chapter 3 . 4/23/2012
Ah, I cannot miss reviewing this, even if it's a little late. It's Fëanor who stands within the Ring of Doom and he commands my full attention.

I need to say it again, your way with words is excellent and extremely suited for a Tolkien-based fic. It's Manwë's point of view and the most poignant thing I notice is the Valar's utter cluelessness about how to deal with Eru's Children. Best intentions and all, but the Valar's inability to understand their charges made them unfit to be called anymore the guardians of Arda. At least, this is how I view the things.

Fëanor's portrayal, as he's seen by Manwë, is perfect. "kindled, but not yet burning"...extremely accurate. He, unlike Manwë, can see that not even the Blessed Realm is free of malice and death. I can only hope that the Valar would be one day worthy of their mission.
CrackinAndProudOfIt chapter 3 . 3/10/2012
That was beautiful! I continue to enjoy your language and the unique perspective these vignettes provide! I especially liked the last line of this one, and the way Manwe views the other Valar, especially Melkor. Great work, and I can't wait for more! :D

-Crackers
CrackinAndProudOfIt chapter 2 . 1/24/2012
These are absolutely beautiful! Your language is so vivid and descriptive, and I loved seeing these events through the eyes of the Valar themselves. Nienna's perspective on Feanor was though-provoking, and Yavanna's descriptions of her beloved creations are lovely. Excellent work, and please continue soon!

-Crackers :D
Galad Estel chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
Wow! This was great! I encourage you to continue writing.

This was in Irmo Lorien's perspective, isn't it? Showing Feanor in the point of view of a Valar is so unique
sitara-asha chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
I am a stern and unbending Fëanorian and thusly I have serious trouble in finding fics that I could really enjoy in this fandom. Despite the grim subject matter, I liked much your story, for both your manner to depict Fëanor's character and the way you have with words. Fiery rage, bitter rancour and overwhelming despair, it's all there. Not even the fact that Fëanor was holding his father more dear than the work of his hands is forgotten and I was pleased to see it.

However, as the perspective is the Valar's, I appreciated Nienna's thoughts, although it does nothing to soften my feelings towards the Valar.

Again, I congratulate you for a well-written and emotionally powerful piece and I look forward to read more of this series. I can only hope that I would also see the moment when Fëanor will yield the Silmarils at the end of the world and thusly triggering the Remaking of Arda.

Kind regards,