Reviews for Bittersweet
GealachGirl chapter 3 . 11/14/2014
Oh, I love this...I don't even have proper words for it. It's all very good, especially the end bit.
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 3 . 4/29/2012
The thought alone of Remus back in Sirius's arms after such an ordeal, after 13-14 years. That thought is just too beautiful to exist without some pain, and it really, honestly is. It's shameful that it took the two so long, and that initial barrier between them- that unassurance, that want to go back to how it used to be but the fear that it may be impossible, especially when you're unsure of the other persons' feelings and thoughts- it tears at you. Like you want them to just close that distance. It must've been so /hard/ putting all those feelings into words for the both of them. And thank the world Remus's heart really wasn't betraying him, but simply strengthening him on what he knew the whole time. The last part, about the memories no longer bitter, but sweet. It wasn't subtle in the least, it was abrupt and in-your-face and for that I absolutely adored it. Fantastic job here, now and always.
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 2 . 4/29/2012
The recurring warmth that Sirius is desperate for is just such an indicator that he doesn't want anything more than the love he shared- or any love at all, because he wants Harry just as much, and loves James too. It's a lovely theme for him to go off of, as Remus's is his betraying heart- but really, when does your heart ever truly listen to you? I liked here the line "when the air tasted like rain." I'm not sure why it evoked such feeling, but it was quite magnificent and I thank you for it. Also the SOB part (which should title with "an" instead of "a"), because it provided a little comic relief among the pain.
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
Ooh this first chapter was perfect. It honestly was. Because it was all the thoughts (both Remus's and Sirius's) about the other, and it was the denial and shame and love all mixed together. How hard would that've been? and I think you are just wonderful at writing /exactly/ how hard it would've been. I like how much Remus hates himself, and his heart, for forcing him to feel this way. It's unjust, completely. My other two favorites were Sirius's excuse for being able to support them both, because I've never seen that reason before but it's a constant for the both. Also how you described Sirius not being able to lie to him, because it's justsoamazinglyincharacter! And at the end, when finding Harry was a happy memory.. well that just made me smile.
MissSadieKane chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
I feel so bad for Sirius having to be in Azkaban with the dementors on Christmas day, and also for Remus for having to spend it believing three of his best friends are dead. I think Remus should believe what his heart is telling him. I also think this is a really sweet chapter on Remus's half because he is so close to believing that it wasn't Sirius that did it. I love your description of Sirius not being able to lie.

I think your story definately makes me feel a lot worse for Sirius though. He's in such a low place and starting to believe bad things about himself that aren't true. And that description of him finding James is so upsetting. I like the 'Blacks don't cry' in italics.

I am so glad I spent Christmas in a nice warm house and not in Azkaban. I'm hoping it gets better, but I have the feeling it won't be much better spending it on the run. I can't wait to read the rest.
Marauder-In-Disguise chapter 3 . 12/30/2011
:')
OCDdegrassi chapter 3 . 12/29/2011
I'm so glad you entered my competition :) This story was absolutely adorable and very realistic for the couple. I like the new title better too. Thanks again for participating! You did a great job.
OCDdegrassi chapter 2 . 12/29/2011
I loved so many things about this chapter. First off, I loved that Remus knows he shouldn't care about Sirius anymore, yet he can't help it. That's so true to human nature.

Second, I really love that you included that things would be different now, because they are both jaded.

A fantastic job, and your grammar was great as well :)
lunylovegoodlover chapter 3 . 12/29/2011
I like Sirius/Remus, but never have loved them. This story might have changed that for me.
Thelostone2013 chapter 3 . 12/29/2011
Lovely job!
Marauder-In-Disguise chapter 2 . 12/29/2011
Ah, that line again :'( This one was even sadder than the other one!
Kazo Sakamari chapter 2 . 12/28/2011
Aww...this is soo sweet! I love it! Good writing too!
OCDdegrassi chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Aww, so sad! My poor Remus and Sirius. I liked the formatting of both their Christmas eves, and your grammar was good. It was very sweet :) Keep up the good work!
Marauder-In-Disguise chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Poor Remus - great little study of him there. And the last line of Sirius' made me sad - lovely.