Reviews for Unintentional
Hayseed Socrates chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
Oh this is wonderful. I so want this to have actually happened.
MessengerOfDreams chapter 1 . 4/27/2012
You know what it is that makes you leagues above the rest of the TV romance ficcers? It's not always the killer dialogue, raw emotion and honesty, or the cute, romantic plots and humor, and your excellent ideas, although they certainly help.

But what you do that rarely anyone else does (and the fact that I rarely see it drives me up the wall) is that you tie up all of this in a gorgeous bow of RESTRAINT. It makes everything real, for the relationship between them, any development between them, for them not to start dropping their clothes super early in the story (if at all) and you don't even always endwith a kiss. Sometimes the absence of big moments like that speak volumes more in most cases, and the time taken in most of your fics shows that you're a professional writer, more than the average fan, and that you know how relationships work, and sometimes it's not supermagical. I think that's what makes you one of the best writers on this site.

This story is a perfect example. Great job.
J Judit J chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
"It was her term to jerk away." Should be "turn". Other then that, I thought it was extremely powerful and well-written. Keep 'em coming.
Aeidhryn chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
Mm, I just got an idea for another fic! Thank you!
Frogster chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Oh! sniffs Those two should get a medal for being the most angsty couple. And Lisbon should get a second medal for all these years of putting up with Jane.

This was good. Makes me want to go watch the episode. Love, love how Lisbon continues to hold on to Jane, wants to help him and won't let him give up on himself. She is one of the few reasons I think he's still around. (In more ways than one.)

I'm like Lisbon, they'll get him someday. They have to. He's got to mess up again sometime. "There ain't no rest for the wicked." I think with Lisbon's leadership skills and ability to half-corral Jane, along with the rest of the team's abilities, they'll be able to stop this guy one day.

You've written so much lately that it's hard to find time to read it all! But that's better than going for a long time without reading any of your stuff. If you want to take a break for a little while to recoup, you deserve it, what with your prolific output this year (this month, even). Just don't stay away too long. :)

Happy New Year! I hope you have a marvelous 2012. :)
fadedSorrow chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
the part when they quarreled was so real (and sad). though i wonder what was jane's purpose for leaving the video for lisbon to see. awesome!
Psychedelica chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Wow, now that was good. I did think Lisbon ought to find the video, and I think you wrote this brilliantly. The way it was so ... understated, the fact that you didn't have "OMG I LOVE YOU" and then they kiss and all live happily ever after. It was what this fic DIDN'T have that made it so great, so full of life.

The things one leaves unsaid speak the loudest of them all.

Psychedelica
Lothlorien Aeterna chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Great one!
TheLifeILive chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Wow, that was heartbreaking and beautiful.

"My eternal optimist." That's it right there, yup.

Very, very well written.

Leah
ADorkette chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Just saying.. if you ever got it into your head to continue this story... I'd read on in a heartbeat.

However, as is, it is a wonderfully done, nicely written piece :) I appreciated very much that you kept the characters and dialogue believable.
EliACa chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Hi, if you don't have noticed, you've placed your fic in the Spanish language session ;)
Brown Eyes Parker chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
My dad mentioned the possibility of Jane sub-conciously wanting Lisbon to see the tape. . .

Anyways, what a bittersweet story! The end parts were gorgeous, the middle parts sad. It tugged at my heart-strings. I almost avoided it because I'm not a huge, huge fan of angst. I can handle it in small doses. But this was definitely worth it.
macisgate chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Beautiful! Nicely done story!
Donnamour1969 chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
As Jane would probably say on the show "there are no such things as coincidences." Of course, at least subconciously, he left that video out for her. Great dialogue here, as usual. I enjoyed this tag.
MerriWyllow chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
There has never been a doubt in my mind that Jane deliberately left that video there for Lisbon to see. The only question was precisely why he wanted her to see it. I am quite sure that Lisbon knows better than I do how purposeful Jane's actions, even the seemingly random ones, are.

Your interpretation of how Lisbon reacts to seeing the video, and Jane's reactions to that, is beautiful - fraught with pain, but beautiful.

"He hadn't ever expected her to admit it. In a lot of ways, he wished she hadn't."

"Lisbon closed her eyes. She wasn't supposed to say things like that. That was exactly what she wasn't supposed to say. Too late now. All that was left was a dignified retreat. "Whatever. Do what you want. I have to go," she muttered quickly."

These lines are the heart of this piece, I feel. And the insight into their complex relationship is excellent.