Reviews for The Beast That I Am
Victor John Foxfire chapter 2 . 5/11
I only have a few words for later...

"SHINOBU SMASH!" and "Puny Samurai."
Wonderful story so far, I am looking forward to the next chapter. If you're open to suggestions for the future of this fic, I have one I'd like to put forward. Some other reviewers raise the question of Keitaro gaining powers; the idea I have is 1 of 2 routes you could utilize. 1: Keitaro gets hurt real badly, like shrapnel to his chest and needs a high power magnet or "Arc Reactor" to keep the shards from reaching his heart. 2. Kaolla orders a second substance to experiment on, a strange black goo that bonds to Keitaro a la Venom.
Shin chapter 8 . 3/31
Just found this and read it all the way through, I really hope you update it sometime in the near future as the last update for this was in July 2017. I like Shinobu..I tend to like the shy girls that eventually show their inner strength, it's why I liked Hinata in Naruto and why I like Tadokoro in Shokugeki no Soma (that and I'm a sucker for country girls which she is.) They start out very shy but deep down they have an inner strength and grit that when it finally shines, it's a great thing to see, it shows they really have grown. I may like the girls having to pay their dues for what they do to poor Keitaro but I don't really like to see it carried TOO far..as in fatal territory..I recently caught up on a fic I used to read and Kaolla's ignoring of a certain Guild and general lack of care for whatever she does finally catches up to her in..the worst way (trying not to spoil it TOO heavy but I think I might have with that). I once found a fic that had two endings and even poor Shinobu paid the price for her inaction..by sheer bad luck, it's why I like the not so..violent ending that it has as cannon for that fic. And I do agree with the pressure cooker analogy you used in one of your replies..a person can only bottle up feelings for so long before they burst out, and the shy ones are usually the worst for doing that and when they do blow their stacks are generally rather dangerous in some way.
DarkKing666 chapter 8 . 10/11/2017
Sweet little story so far. Keep up the good work!
treiberterraj chapter 8 . 9/26/2017
Really interesting pls keep it up!
lje100smith chapter 8 . 8/15/2017
Imagine my shock when I saw this had been updated after three years! Excellent!

You've really handled everything well, including that racy scene. I'm looking forward to Shinobu building confidence and getting closer to Keitaro, she's the one that always struck me as the most deserving of his affection.

Keep up the good work!
tiedwithribbons chapter 8 . 8/2/2017
Why do I get the feeling i'm not gonna like Kaolla's plan?

And something tells me that Kanako and Shinobu are gonna butt heads over Keitaro.
mnementh2000 chapter 8 . 8/1/2017
I kinda like the whole Hulk/LH crossover idea, especially it being the shyest person in the whole inn that is the one affected. I also like it because, of all the girls, Shinobu has cared for Keitaro the longest. Yes, she has hurt him like the others due to her shy, innocent nature, and her quickness to believe the senior girls' accusations, but she has never purposefully or maliciously tried to hurt him, physically or mentally.

As for her age, and your comment about the sexualization of minors, something that I learned some time ago comes into play in Japanese culture, that being that the age of consent for girls in Japan is still 12 or 13 years old, while they can marry at, if I recall, either 16 or 18. That is why so many manga and anime contain instances of young girls and boys, or men, entering relationships. Now, there have been attempts to raise the age requirements for consent, and it has also become more frowned upon by their society in general over the last 20 or so years, but the changes have not been made yet.

It only made sense that Haruka look to find the trigger for the transformation, and if it was a one-time thing, as fast as possible. You're right, the girls are not stupid - dumb, violent, scheming, feminist in a couple instances, but certainly not stupid. And with Kaolla being a certified genius, the odds of them finding out about Shinobu are pretty high, almost as high as those of them trying to go right back to abusing Keitaro. At the moment, I could see them holding off for a bit, then trying to exact revenge on Keitaro soon, despite the fact that they were to blame for the whole fiasco to begin with, and their reactions to Haruka's pointing it out (especially Naru). I see them calling Hina, making up a story to try to place the blame on Keitaro, setting up Kaolla's 'security' against Haruka's orders, and trying to start pounding Kei again.

Of course, the consequences would depend on if Kanako was there in time or not, and if Shinobu can control her anger or if she decides to let it run it's course. The seeds are already there for that option.

My question is, is Shinobu going to go the route of She-Hulk in Marvel canon, staying in her Hulk form at all times as a choice, or is she going to try to do the Bruce Banner thing and try hiding it? She-Hulk was actually a lawyer (I believe) in Marvel canon, despite her staying in her green form, and was a recognized member of society, which Shinobu could take that track, or she could stay as is, for fear (fairly justified in this case) of the other girls' reactions. Also, was Kaolla's experiment an attempt to recreate the Hulk's circumstances?
James Birdsong chapter 8 . 7/31/2017
Interesting story.
MKanagawa chapter 8 . 7/19/2017
Well done, like always.

I guess the question now is going to be: How does Keitaro deal with the confession of love from Jade/Shinobu, and not end up on the other fist of Haruka? That's the real question now.
AlexCephon chapter 8 . 7/19/2017
Nice to know you didn't give up on this fic. It's actually really good.
nullstudent chapter 8 . 7/18/2017
With how the story is progressing, its safe to say that eventually Shinobu or should I say Jade will end up with Keitaro. also keep up with the good work!
Blakemitch1696 chapter 8 . 7/17/2017
Can i just say that i am eagerly anticipating the next chapter? Honestly I am, the stories were Keitaru finally has enough. I did read Love Hina but I kinda hated how the abuse went so damn far and how it was always pinned on him for no good reason. It honestly turned me off from anime for a long while.
Gijinka Renamon chapter 8 . 7/17/2017
Nice to see an update, feels like I've been waiting forever for this! Though something tells me that things are gonna get complicated really quick...!
Hektols chapter 8 . 7/16/2017
Now Keitaro knows about the crush.

Let's hope that he will take seriously Haruka's advice and start to man up before Naru and the others, a good way to have time to study would be to remind them to do their part of the Inn's chores or be evicted for breaching the contract.

It also would be interesting to see the girls facing some of the consequences of their actions, like Naru being expelled from cram school after some males she assaulted denounce her after the news proved her violent tendencies or Mokoto having to explain to her clan what happened with the sword or Molmol's embassy being filled with complains about Kaolla's machines.