Reviews for Interview with White Council Warden Harry Dresden
thepkrmgc chapter 1 . 4/21
i havent read wwz but this makes me want to
Bobboky chapter 1 . 6/13/2013
Good
WolfsTrinity-TSO chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
Can't decide between mild jealousy that I wasn't the first person to come up with the idea and mild irritation that you wasted a perfectly good plot. Or, for that matter, relief that you wasted a perfectly good plot, because that means that I -am- the first person to come up with my idea. Otherwise, you've done a great job capturing the style of WWZ and it's an interesting fic.

Oh, and just because I'd feel slightly bad if I didn't offer up some explanation, my own idea is thus: I've found some pretty overt hints that the WWZ Zombies aren't actually caused by something mundane at all and I think that the Dresdenverse Outsiders could be an excellent cause for them.
redDaeth chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
pleeeaassee continue!
Kurt Baros aka The Falcon chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
wow that was good
DoubleONein chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
This. Was. Awesome!
ashmanonar chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
Okay, just stumbled across this story.

Love love LOVE World War Z. I think the incorporation of Dresden into that framework is amazing.
pixileanin chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
Okay. I’ll try my hand at this. I’ve only seen the short season of the Dresden Files and haven’t read the books yet (though they’re on my list) so that’s the only familiarity I have with this fandom. That being said, let’s jump right in.

First off, I realize that this is an interview, but I found the format distracting, with the [ ] use of brackets to denote things that the audio recorder (I am assuming that the interview was only recorded with audio here) did not pick up. Here’s the issue with this for me: if this is an audio recording, then the reader should experience it as such, if that was the intent of this piece. Again, I’m making assumptions. I’m not against this idea. I would rather suggest that instead of the use of brackets to describe [what isn’t heard], I would rather have had the experience of the noises that were picked up on the recording. I think it would have strengthened the presentation of your piece that way. If I’m completely off base with the whole recording thing, and your interviewer was indeed using a video recorder for the interview, I think that I wouldn’t have used the brackets at all and simply incorporated the descriptions into the piece as they came, like we were really watching it.

That aside, I found the entire interview to be slightly one-sided. I think I would have enjoyed it more if the interviewer had to work a little harder to get the information out of his subject, like asked more questions and such. The whole first section is in brackets, which made me think that either it was something the interviewer was thinking before the interview began, or perhaps it was edited in after the interview for the “viewer/listener” or whatever the case may be. So when I proceeded through the piece, I expected the parts in brackets to be reserved for the interviewer, and not to be used for description, you know?

Overall, I found this to be an interesting idea. And for some reason, I was expecting another chapter, since he suggested turning off the recording device during transit. I was under the impression that the interview would continue after that. I thought the characterization and dialogue were well-done. As said above, I would have enjoyed some better method of inserting the description.

I hope this helps some.
ijpowers92 chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
an interesting and original idea.