Reviews for The Substitute
Writtenaspr chapter 1 . 4/28/2014
Ahhhh...
Such a Good tale, honest and sad and true. This will be copied, if I may,
and sent to two good friends, who have grieved deeply over their pets.
Well written.
Best regards from
writtenaspr
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 2/4/2014
What a lovely story! But I think Ginny would be more understanding than Harry thinks-you see, one of the reasons she never had a familiar was because of the ghoul that also lives in the Burrow (Scabbers surviving it for so long should have rung some alarm bells). She has the loss of never having one, and that is grief, too.

I love what Snape did for Harry, but still understand why he left. He's good enough to save the Wizarding World, but never good enough to live in it, apparently (McGonagall is obviously silent because she can't stand being wrong about him).

But I love the kitten!
SweetPea95 chapter 1 . 11/25/2013
Noble Korhedron chapter 1 . 11/1/2013
*chuckles* Definitely a Slytherin trait, I'd say... *grins*
tigerlily124 chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
Very sweet of you to help your niece that way. Well written and I love the kitten!
patronusmagic chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
This story really hit home for me as I lost my pen do/g (a Westie) at the beginning of last year and there were many moments throughout when I had to swallow a lump or blink back tears. You wrote this beautifully and poignantly. Great job!
yukikiralacus chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
Wow! Nice story! Thank you for taking time to write it and share it with us!
FrostedMidnight chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
Aww, this was a very sweet, if a trifle sad, snippet. Thanks for a lovely read!
Much Loves,
Frosty
Saint Snape chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
That Severus is a wise man. Great story! Sorry for the reason the story was written but loved it.
wandamarie chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
wow it was a good onoe
Nightshade's sydneylover150 chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
Your story was very touching and I truly mean that. I got half way through and had to walk away for a while. I had a collie that put her life on the line to protect me from a wild animal when i was a child and Severus' story reminded me deeply of that. Actually, it reminded me of all my animals and how loving they were. Unconditional love is an amazing thing. I'm glad Severus was able to help Harry realize that.

My question is this: Does Severus ever give Harry a new familiar? Because that would be interesting.
GundamPilot03 chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
This was wonderful. I hadn't had a chance to read it yet but it's wonderful. I love how you are trying to help your niece with writing it. I really hope it helped her. I hope this new year is much better for you and your family.
VioletMarauder chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
What a lovely tribute.
Scioneeris chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
Sorry for the loss of Bernie. :( That's especially hard at Christmas time.

I did like this companion piece, as you put it. I loved that Severus was the one to get through to her and I especially like that in the end, Harry sent him a kitten. That was fun and cute. Nicely writ.
That One Rabid Fangirl chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
Thank you for making me cry. This was a wonderful story and I'm so very sorry to hear about your neice's puppy. My heart goes out to her, maybe get her a kitten after a while . I can only imagine what it would feel like to lose my cat, I don't even want to think about it really. But this story was still great, please keep writing and post another soon. :')