Reviews for The Thank You Scale
keembur chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
Nice like the story you got to love Diana Teo got one of my own in esco ca USA
velveteen habit chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
Loooved this. I never get tired of Requiem tags. Because aside from the delicious Tony h/c and epic heroism... the dude does not get recognized for his BAMF-ery enough. From anyone, let alone Gibbs. Anyway, back to you. Such a lovely-yet-meaty companion to "Three Things..." It's even great on its own, but even better with the other fic. Also, I love your Brad-Tony friendship. It's perfect.
celestial1 chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
Okay, this is absolutely beautiful, I love all the descriptive language you have used with Maddy and her cup of hot chocolate, and I love anything that relates Requiem back to Tony's experience in SWAK. I am beyond flattered that my story inspired you to write this - thank you so much for sharing it with the fandom!
Mezzo Beev chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
What a very nice little exploration into Maddie’s experience post-rescue. She (and you) is absolutely right about the sliding scale. And about how difficult it can be to adequately convey the intensity of thanks that is meant. Which leads to the notion of the different ways of “saying” thanks.

I guess for those of us who are readers, a good way is to provide feedback. I’ve mostly been remiss at showing my appreciation for the entertainment I receive from the stories I read – I read far more than I comment on. So despite being fundamentally lazy, prone to procrastination, and repeatedly shown in real life that expressing my opinion is like trying to teach a pig to sing (waste of my time and annoys the pig), and since it’s Jan 1 – not that I do resolutions, but why not use it as an excuse for an improvement in behavior – I will strive find the appropriate level on the thank you scale.

Thank you for added scene for Requiem (and accompanying flashback to the episode). And thank you for the object lesson and prod. I will try to follow Maddie’s good example.
Sparkiebunny chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Sorry it took so long to get to this! I love it, from beginnign to end, such a poignant moment of realization for Maddy, and a lovely insight into our favorit Very Special Agent. It was beautifully written, and made me realize how much I missed your writing!

This was my favorite line, so simple, yet so thoguht provoking:

"Thank you... it seemed as if it had a sliding scale."

...Lovely work, Scouse, a masterful thank-you to another wonderful lady! :)
Laine3112 chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
The very first NCIS story I ever wrote was a Requiem tag. At that time, I was so intimidated by the quality of other Requiem stories that I never posted mine.

Several years later you produce a very interesting and unique perspective that makes me think my story may never see the light of day! lol

Nice work Scouse.
Angel of Clay chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Oh I loved this! It was great to see some of the aftermath of that episode from the eyes of a relative outsider. The converstiaon between Brad and Tony was simply excellent, and very easy to imagine. Tony's perfect imitation of Gibbs' voice was great, and so true.

I think that Maddie's thoughts about the different values of thank-you's probably resonates with anyone that has been in the position of having to say them for something that is a little bit bigger or more important than someone holding the door open. It's the how...

Good Job!

~Angel
diana teo chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
...*blushing furiously*...ssshhh,not so loud... :D

I was saving your story till later to read properly when I had more time to devote to it,and the AN already had me tearing up...oh scouse,thank YOU! I'm lost for words...

...but not about your got Tony's clothes off,bless you! LOVED his whinging to ,lol! '...talk about a guy over his body,why don't you?',and 'Mum',heehee... :)

Tony's 'Not a chance' and mimicking Gibbs,incredibly SAD! I FELT for him...

And you wrote Maddie's thoughts on the thank yous so 's got her heart in the right place,she has.

Sama-sama,chwaer cariad.
Belker chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Lovely, scouse, just lovely :)

I adore stories where Tony is the third party and we get to hear people's oppinion of him. And Reqiuem was such an awesome ep (love celestial's fics too) and you've captured Maddie's spirit perfectly.

Have a happy new year now!

Love

/B
Gail Cregg chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Just perfect. Liked how you brought Dr Brad into it. A lovely episode tag.
vanishingp2000 chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Wonderful as always. I loved the use of Maddy's perspective too. Yay also to the power of fan fiction! Glad you all had such a great time :-) VP xx
ytteb chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Great to have you back! I guess we all want to know what happened after the cameras faded by the river ... but possibly we'd rather use our imaginations because nothing would really satisfy us. It is hard to believe that Gibbs wouldn't say thank you, but perhaps he wouldn't? Anyway, thank you for getting the imaginative juices simmering again in such a good way.
Natalie chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Loved it. I'm glad that Maddie heard that Tony had the plague and still jumped into the water to save both of them. I would love to see more of this though. Does Gibbs say Thank you? What does Gibbs think of Maddie's letter? Does he even care that Tony is in the hospital because of his dive into the river to rescue them? Would love to see what happens next. Please update soon.
binkeybella chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Thanks, Scouse, I never get tired of post-Requiem fics, either one-shots or multi-chaps. Such a fertile ground for so much hurt/comfort/angst and none of it ever shown on the show. Shame on themfor cheating us out of even one good Tony & Gibb's scene, for the hundredth time!

But, thank goodness for fanfic! and thanks for writing and posting!
TheNaggingCube chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
nice very very nice. as always a wonderful look, this time from a 3rd party, at our boy and what he does.

the show has not once ever hinted at future issues, yet we all know it is something to worry about. I don't count the corpse not having scarred lungs meaning Tony is alive mention.

Bravo. And yeah ain't FF world cool! I have friends all over the states and in NZ and Australia and South Africa and throughout Europe too... just wild.