Reviews for Deadliest Warrior: Vigilante Edition
Sean Malloy-1 chapter 3 . 5/9/2014
Very nice job on the idea so far, hope to read more.
DestroyerDRT chapter 3 . 10/20/2013
Please post more soon this is a good story idea.
DestroyerDRT chapter 1 . 10/20/2013
Kick Ass swore that was a shock.
richierich chapter 3 . 2/10/2013
I'm glad to see your third chapter is up. Your fine story is really in keeping with the spirit of a History Channel series.
richierich chapter 3 . 7/28/2012
Glad to see an update to this story. The characters sound in-character and entertaining and the weapons info is interesting.
TorontoBatFan chapter 3 . 7/27/2012
Cool chapter.

I've been reading up on the M1941 Johnson. It definitely was not meant for sniper activities.

It was intended to compete with the M1 Garand as the standard rifle for the U.S. military but lost out.

About the only U.S. formations that it was ever issued to was to Marine Corp parachute battalions early in the war. (The Marines were slower to issue the M1 to its members. During the Guadalcanal campaign in 1942, most Marines were still using the M1903 Springfield bolt-action rifle. That in itself was an excellent rifle, but was the same one that had been used in World War I.)

Yeah, I think that Hit-Girl definitely had the edge with the M-24. I'm surprised Mindy isn't using the XM2010 ESR.

Can't wait for the next chapter. :-)
Mr. Atrocious chapter 3 . 7/17/2012
Been awhile since I've read the other chapters, and I haven't seen either Boondock Saints films, but this has still been pretty interesting and I enjoy it very much. Keep it coming.

Mr. A
Rocker9514 chapter 2 . 6/26/2012
That was a really good chapter

I miss watching this show but while waiting for new seasons I lost track of it. Although your writing really reminds me of the show so great job writing how each member would react.

Another thing that was just like the show is the hostility that both teams are presenting. I mean c'mon, half of the episodes I was worried the experts would kill each other xD

Oh and I don't know if it was intentional or not but, that was a great use of irony in the boondock execution.
RobGill chapter 3 . 6/13/2012
Will comply re no Kick-Ass 2 spoilers; likewise, for Millar's upcoming Hit-Girl mini-series. As an extra precaution, might I suggest you also avoid the fanfic "Padded in Purple," set after KA 2, and referencing events from the series?

Now, the DW review: I'm with Hit-Girl, re the Saints' religious remarks; in character, yes, but a bit much at times.

Re drawbacks of Il Duce's weapon: It (according to Wikipedia) "employed a number of small parts that were easily lost during field stripping." And did it jam from dust and dirt ingress? I ask, as a related weapon, the M1941 Johnson *Light Machine Gun* (also according to Wikipedia) "shared the same operating principle and many parts with the M1941 Johnson rifle," as well as serving as a model for a short-lived Israeli copy, the Dror (used by the Haganah), which suffered from precisely that problem. Or was the M1941 Johnson rifle spared that defect?
Makokam chapter 3 . 6/12/2012
Ha. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I actually knew what you were talking about when you mentioned the .338 Lapua Magnum. ... I miss having cable.

Anyway, this was pretty a pretty cool chapter. Kinda reminds me why I liked watching this show. Even if the science was mostly crap. I especially liked the end where they said, "I like this gun, but only a MacManus could use it for sniping."

Makokam out.
heavyneos chapter 3 . 6/11/2012
saints get mid ranged by a long way
TorontoBatFan chapter 2 . 2/17/2012
Fun chapter.

Mindy's censored declarations have to be my favourite part of the fic so far. LOL I also enjoy that Dave is helping her. :-D

I do think that if I watched DW -I've never seen an episode, I'm afraid- I'd get even more out of this fic.

Can't wait for Chapter 3. :-D
richierich chapter 2 . 2/6/2012
Oh yeah, this is interesting. I'm guessing it's a send-off on a History Channel show? Saw the 2nd Saints movie so I kind of know whats going on here. I'll keep watching for updates. Thanks.
Mindless Violence Fan chapter 2 . 1/26/2012
Yeah, Baby, I love it! A "Deadliest Warrior" setup.

I'm biased - Big Daddy all the way.

Still, nice breakdown of the weapons but remember, Damon had just about every damned firearm ever made hanging on the walls of his safehouses. Even a Bazooka. Brass knucks, multiple knives, bulletproof vests and helmet along with his costume was designed for speed and flexibility. Hand-to-hand combat training - Damon was the man.

Then there's the "insanity" factor. Both contestants have "insanity" in spades. This is the wildcard factor - the weapons may even out, the defensive properties may even out, so what makes or breaks one from the other? Sheer batshit insanity.

(Damon has so much insanity that his daughter is almost as crazy as he is.)

So, let's get ready to rumble!
Lord Xantos A. Fowl chapter 2 . 1/23/2012
my vote BD

forgot the jet-pack Gatling gun with seemingly unlimited gas (but surprisingly not ammo hun)

and tactics big daddy typically sniped from a distance using K A and HG as decoys/distractions/front-line while he does recon, cover-fire, secret weapon, long range fire, all while heavily armed

that or he attacks while the enemy is distracted, not expecting him and he will compound it with fire, flash bombs, smoke, mirrors, a frighting appearance, whatever it takes

and that's the thing whatever it takes

and dude does he believe in contingency plans and emergency planning, he plans everything and i mean everything and in advance, years in advance. and he has no line to cross, does not fear for his own life, the one thing he does fear is loosing Mindy, not that he will show it to outsiders

he can stand any amount of pain and still function, he was burning to death, that's in on fire, after being beaten within an inch of his life and still had enough of a level head to take stock of the situation, remember a code and shout to his daughter (did i mention she was trained to be a sociopathic killer) and then shout loudly commands to her dang that takes a pair

and while i'm all for the power of prayer, (not to mention phyc warfare intended or not though it wouldn't work on sociopaths) i don't think he's behind this. not to mention with that prayer thing you are hesitating before finishing him off and telling your enemy you are there and allowing him (or her) to get backup, think of a desperate plan, you to trip whatever.

but hit daddy doesn't hesitate. Ever (cept with mindy)

his one weakness Mindy, that and he has no since of humor and never let him give anyone a nickname (though his and his daughter's were cool)

that was a longer rant than i intended sorry so yah i vote big daddy