Reviews for Turn
Elen-Di chapter 1 . 3/17
I like the way you tied in real places. Jareth *would* be that dark mythical figure that pops up in legends every now and then... That guide was creepy. I like it. :)
GoldenGryphon chapter 1 . 9/24/2014
Lovely story.
Properly spooky in all the best ways, with a nice romantic upturn at the end.

Thank you for writing this story and doing it with panache. I am very impressed at your skill with painting word pictures.

Best thoughts.
nekochan1994 chapter 1 . 9/10/2014
This is amazing & truly magical
Shadow131 chapter 1 . 8/18/2014
This thing is just damn haunting, I found myself clutching my hands to my chest waiting, waiting to see what would happen next. It reminds me a bit of "Goblin Market" by Viciously Witty, and that's not a bad thing.
God, this thing is just hauntingly written. It dries my mouth and makes me long to keep reading.
AND HOLY CRAP, BIRD HAT REFERENCE JUST ABOUT DID ME OVER. It's not that this belongs in horror, or anything, but it's so...emotionally, spiritually suspenseful. I don't know if that makes sense, but it just kills me and I want more.
That Sarah feels so at home in the town of Gifford just makes this so...poetic and perfectly beautiful and sensible. It's hard to make it seem like Sarah might give up the life she's fought so hard for: yet with so little, you make it so clear and real. That's an accomplishment.
OMG, I just got the Todd reference, THAT'S GENIUS. You win ALLLLLLL the internets, and then some. Holy crap I love this.
I wish we could have had more of Jareth and Sarah, but I understand why we couldn't. But...side-piece? Something tangential to let us into this AMAZING world you've set up?
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 7/12/2014
Raining Daylight chapter 1 . 7/6/2014
I love how you make it feel like pieces of the labyrinth are everywhere; just waiting to be discovered.
Morbid DramaQueen10 chapter 1 . 5/12/2014
Lovely! Great one-shot, really sweet and well-thought-out. Please write more Labyrinth!
Fallyn Irlandes chapter 1 . 2/13/2014
I love the...the scavenger hunt feel to this, and the reverence of the words and the old stories... it makes me think of curling up by the fire at night with a good book.
ImDiffrentSoWhat chapter 1 . 10/15/2013
Wow, amazing. I like how the old lady comments on Sarah's Fairy Eyes. The ending makes me question but it is a good kind of questioning. I love Jareth's last line.
Sara chapter 1 . 9/28/2013
HI there, I've been reading some of your work for a while now and am amazed by what a great writer you are. You look up facts and history on things and you research before you write. I enjoy reading what you write quite a bit and this was one of my favorites. Most stories put me in a state where I admire the writing but the plot was predictable or it was just too sickeningly sweet where it was almost painful. Stories like these make me want to go and live in a little town in England, Scotland, or Ireland, maybe even Italy. I have always loved fairy tales and few of my friends have taken to calling me a fairy or fae child. Stories like these make me realize that magic is real in the world because it exists in peoples imagination and in the things we do, merely because we believe. Thank you so much for giving me a place to let my mind wander and come up with its own fairy tales.
TashaRose chapter 1 . 9/26/2013
Excellent writing. I really enjoyed this story. It was different, and I liked the narration and how things moved along to the end.
UndergroundDaydreams chapter 1 . 9/5/2013
Wonderful story and a very nice addition to the exchange. I love all the "dopplegangers" she meets along the way.
fringeperson chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
This was beautiful. I will probably read it again and again over the years. Thank you for writing it.
Honoria Granger chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
Charming story, and very well-written. Thanks!
wizzcat chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
Oh Squee, so happy to find this one over here so I can add it. It was my favourite from last years Fic Exchange. You write so beautifully, the pace is perfect, like a trail of breadcrumbs.

Love that even though he's set up the game, she still has control, that she's rising to the challenge and meeting him head-on. They're on equal terms, which is the only way it will ever work.

And reading his last words again, my heart still does a little somersault.

Perfect. Can't wait to see what you come up with for this years Exchange! Brilliant!
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »