Reviews for Turn
TheNamelessBaroness chapter 1 . 2/17
I'm not sure how long this has been in my folder of things to read when I finally had the time, but today I did, and I'm so pleased. I can tell you have a solid grasp of fae and faerie lore, and you applied it beautifully to this story. THIS is the sort of Labyrinth work I look for, and can rarely find. Grammercy for sharing.
~The Nameless Baroness
bluebellwoods chapter 1 . 11/21/2016
Magical. It's like being told a bedtime story - it thrills you, chills you, comforts you and ends on an open note that leaves you in wonder long after it's finished.
Anono chapter 1 . 9/13/2016
Lovely story nice mix of labyrinth and reality
babyvfan chapter 1 . 3/2/2016
I think you did a good job with the story
Dark Archer chapter 1 . 2/28/2016
A Fantastic narrative that weaves a steady tale covering Sarah's life after leaving the Laberytnth. It felt as though I was watching a deleted epilouge from the movie. well done!
Liz or Beth chapter 1 . 2/8/2016
This is a stunning, magical piece of writing! It feels really gobliny, but not just Labyrinth-gobliny, aka. cute/creepy puppets.

It seems you did quite a bit of research around goblins in the area, (either that or you are just very knowledgeable) and I am very impressed, enough to overlook the suggestion that Scotland is a part of England. (I did read the A/N at the bottom, btw.)
The whole United-Kingdom-of-Great-Britain:-England-Scotland-Wales-and-Northern-Ireland thing must be very confusing to foreigners.

I love how every piece of this transitions into the next; sometimes jumping, but in a good way, like at the end. I love how you incorporated pieces of the film that are often overlooked, such as the shape of Jareth's castle. (I always thought it looked peculiar.) I love how you used inspirational quotes (or made them up) that actually have relevance to this movie and placed them in all the right places of your story. To sum it all up: I really love it.

I'm rambling now, but just know that this is excellent quality.
Scarlett Foxie chapter 1 . 12/6/2015
Bravo!
biddle29 chapter 1 . 12/3/2015
I loved this :)
Unseen Watcher chapter 1 . 11/2/2015
Very well done. Love the fact that, finally, they are both complete...and that Jareth probably outranks most in power and age.
Elen-Di chapter 1 . 3/17/2015
I like the way you tied in real places. Jareth *would* be that dark mythical figure that pops up in legends every now and then... That guide was creepy. I like it. :)
GoldenGryphon chapter 1 . 9/24/2014
Lovely story.
Properly spooky in all the best ways, with a nice romantic upturn at the end.

Thank you for writing this story and doing it with panache. I am very impressed at your skill with painting word pictures.

Best thoughts.
nekochan1994 chapter 1 . 9/10/2014
This is amazing & truly magical
Shadow131 chapter 1 . 8/18/2014
This thing is just damn haunting, I found myself clutching my hands to my chest waiting, waiting to see what would happen next. It reminds me a bit of "Goblin Market" by Viciously Witty, and that's not a bad thing.
God, this thing is just hauntingly written. It dries my mouth and makes me long to keep reading.
AND HOLY CRAP, BIRD HAT REFERENCE JUST ABOUT DID ME OVER. It's not that this belongs in horror, or anything, but it's so...emotionally, spiritually suspenseful. I don't know if that makes sense, but it just kills me and I want more.
That Sarah feels so at home in the town of Gifford just makes this so...poetic and perfectly beautiful and sensible. It's hard to make it seem like Sarah might give up the life she's fought so hard for: yet with so little, you make it so clear and real. That's an accomplishment.
OMG, I just got the Todd reference, THAT'S GENIUS. You win ALLLLLLL the internets, and then some. Holy crap I love this.
I wish we could have had more of Jareth and Sarah, but I understand why we couldn't. But...side-piece? Something tangential to let us into this AMAZING world you've set up?
tanithlipsky chapter 1 . 7/12/2014
nice
Raining Daylight chapter 1 . 7/6/2014
I love how you make it feel like pieces of the labyrinth are everywhere; just waiting to be discovered.