Reviews for The Boys of Baker Street
Rairakku1234 chapter 23 . 5/6/2012
Oh my goodness. I am just reeling with all the emotion you put in this chapter. Really really good stuff.

The flashback to the start of John and Sherlock's realationship. Very much in character. Very realistic and sweet with just a touch of humor.

The escape from the house. Felt like movie level tension.

John comforting the agent as he dies. Amazing.

Another fantastic chapter. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Rairakku
ForgottenTales chapter 22 . 5/6/2012
Oh wow. You really have a knack of twisting out these feelings from me. Your deliver each of your promises like a blow to the gut. I don't know how you write this. It's just amazing.
IamSHERlocked4ever chapter 5 . 5/5/2012
After reading Chapter 22 a few times, I had to re-read this one again. The last paragraphs are so beautiful, you are a gifted writer.
atn3 chapter 22 . 5/3/2012
Oh, my dear heart! Okay, Maggie really pissed me off in this chapter as she prevented John from getting to Sherlock sooner. Lori seemed to be tougher than Maggie with her family history of being in the military; maybe I'm biased because I dislike weak female characters and Maggie frustrated me not only in this chapter but from the ones in the past. It's just a sign that your characterization of each character is consistent throughout your story because I never was a fan of Maggie.

I'd forgotten to mention in the last chapter review that what I liked about your writing was that you didn't underestimate your readers' intelligence or their attention to detail. The scene where she was holding a box in the car nicely built the tension because the description wasn't explicit, which allowed the readers to guess the content of the box. I automatically thought of an explosive device. The unveiling of the bombs' locations in this chapter was really great. Every detail from past chapters fit together into a jigsaw puzzle and you realized she'd been strategically planting these bombs under her cover as a cleaner.

Anxiously waiting for the next update. :)
HOS70 chapter 22 . 5/3/2012
Holy cannelloni, this chapter was a complete and utter tour de force from beginning to end. I'm completely breathless and I'm not even in the blasted (no pun intended!) mansion. I swear to god, if you don't update this story a.s.a.p, I'll come over there and... well, I'll think of something particularly gruesome whilst in transit.

Mycroft, my man, it's high time you start kicking some butt. And Anthea, as much as I love you, never mind holidays - get back to work, now!
HOS70 chapter 21 . 5/3/2012
I know this will sound really weird, but I'm actually ridiculously glad that Cynthia's "small box" was in fact a bomb! When you mentioned Dennison's "small case" holding John's injections, I thought Cynthia had switched cases and almost had a heart attack. Bombs I can deal with... :-)

Anyway, loved your resolution of the situation in the woods. Of course John wouldn't kill yer man, although he deserved it.

I absolutely loved this para: "Sherlock looks from his mother, as she walks toward the ambulance to have a word with the attendants, then toward John, then at the yellow motorcycle. And realizes that John is correct. He assuredly needs to go to hospital and the sooner the better." So funny! And Sherlock's replies to the poor EMT's questions (and John's exasperated contributions) made for some very nice reading indeed. And: "[...] I believe the word I am looking for is CRAP [..]". Gasp. Sherlock!

Poor old Mycroft - I wish for him to go on a nice, long holiday when this is all over... And - shudder - the memory stick!
emmish chapter 22 . 5/3/2012
"One second the bed is there on the floor in the far corner and then he watches out of his peripheral vision as it erupts outward in one bulging, ungodly roar that seems to leach all the oxygen out of the room. The tsunami of expanding air molecules fills his lungs and mouth and ears and eyes with sound and wind and miniscule bits of cotton and fluff and something that tastes truly dreadful. The resulting shock wave slams into the side of his skull and he falls into a silence where he hears only the muted sounds of his beating heart – and Maggie Oakton's screams."

Brilliant description :P In fact, all the explosions were completely intense :P

"He scrubs it impatiently against his trousers, then tries to read the screen again."

Hehe, he hasn't got time to bleed :P

JOHN

I'M SORRY, JOHN

- And this is where I start choking up -_-;;;

I SHERLOCK ,TAKE THEE JOHN

SH

Now weeping a bit...(what are you trying to do, kill me? XD)

TILL DEATH DO US PART.

I LOVE YOU, JOHN WATSON.

ALWYS HAV

And there I go, crying :P

That was completely heart-rending - but stupendously well written. You'd better have some good news for me in the next chapter XD

Emma

x
Fuseaction chapter 22 . 5/1/2012
Oh my shitting hell I can't even.

I was reading this on the bus that takes me to school and I was sitting at the very front having mini heart attacks every time there would be an explosion. I think I strained something in my neck from clenching my jaw so hard. OH. MY. GOD.

And the end. Sherlock's texts. Kill me now, or forever hold your peace.

Really. Are you trying to kill your readers with all of this MADNESS?

Adair. One scary man, but I agree with his strategy. It should've been about going after Mycroft in the first place. He's the one with the power. He's the one with the greater intellect.

Thea, Thea, Thea. Sneaky. Don't even know who you are. But sneaky.

SPLOSIONS. This is like a Michael Bay film!

The goddamn lab. GODDAMN. I knew it was a bloody death trap waiting to happen!

I love how Maggie tells Galen that she doesn't like the nickname, and he immediately calls her Maggie right after :3

Sherlock's hallucination :O, beautiful! I teared up a little.

And the texts! The texts!

ABLUBLUBLUBLUH! Near tears!

Loved it.
Wayoming chapter 22 . 5/1/2012
I don't know if I want to cry or smack you.

THE TEXTS. THE TEXTS, SKY! I COULD JUST LAY DOWN AND DIE RIGHT HERE!

You know how last time I had to distance myself from the fic for several hours before I could compose myself enough to review?

I had to spend all weekend in my performance space for a show that was on last night, go home and sleep, have a bath this morning and THEN review. Woman, this is wreaking havoc on my emotions. Never stop.

Hope everything is alright in the RL!

Much love, and bitten away fingernails,

Wayoming

GOD

HOW

HOW HOW

YOU

oh, that's the caps lock button off. And my typing skills are deteriorating.

GET THE NEXT CHAPTER UP. THIS IS NOT AN OPTION. I WILL DESTROY THINGS, I WILL EAT THE WORLD, NO, STRIKE THAT, I WILL TEAR THE WORLD APART WITH MY HANDS AND IF I LEAVE ON A WEEK LONG TRIP AND DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENS I WILL FLY INTO BITS AND MY ENEMIES WILL HAVE TO CLEAN UP THE PIECES

ACTUALLY THAT'D BE A GOOD PUNISHMENT FOR MY ENEMIES

AND GAH

WHY

WHY WHY WHY
Slone'sTravelDreamer chapter 22 . 4/30/2012
I...I...I...I...I...sheesh taking down the Holmes family just because some egos got bruised is not enough of a good reason, I can understand if a relative was ruined and this is payback but really?

This chapter has made me laugh, cry, knots in my stomach and hours to read through not wanting to read the next f- up.

Great Chapter!
danishprince chapter 22 . 4/28/2012
Crikey... this is getting unbearable, but loving it all the same! This is so good; more please. Thank you for sharing these stories.
yourmanseb chapter 3 . 4/28/2012
After the storm - Mumford and sons. I always think of this story when I listen to it now!
cantsaymylastname chapter 22 . 4/27/2012
holy moly. Mother of pearl. What are you doing to us lady. My heart is in my throat. This is the 12th chapterin arrow where it is more suspenseful than the last. IEDs, the downfall of Mycroft, Sherlock is dying, do they have meds still for Watson And will Maggie be ok. Arrgggggggg. Wild amazing ride as always. You are an incredible writer. I bow to you.
yourmanseb chapter 22 . 4/27/2012
I'm actually loving this fanfic. One of the best i've read! WELL DONE. Also the British jargon is pretty much spot on so congrats. Can't wait for the next chapter! Please don't keep us waiting long!
669 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »