Reviews for The Boys of Baker Street
ValaEnVash chapter 24 . 9/28/2012
I'll be honest, I started this story and got about a paragraph in before I realized I NEEDED the whole story. So I started from GRACE and progressed into BOYS and oh thank god I did.
I have love love LOVED every single minute of the past two and half days it's taken me to read all of both. Granted, I was at work for the majority of the time (and yes I had it pulled up on a separate screen so I could read between calls), but that's not the point.
I've looked and looked for ages for a long story I can just love and I've found it. So thank you very very much. I can only hope to aspire to emote as much as you have and to make my readers laugh (like a hyena too, because my neighbors looked at me funny, i swear), cry (very messily), and sigh in contentment. And besides, when you have this world to play in, these lives to guide and mold, it's easy to lose yourself in it. So, thank you again for giving me the path to follow through their lives.
ValaEnVash chapter 4 . 9/27/2012
I just wanted to tell you I love you for making such long chapters. This has been agonizingly wonderful and I just plain love it. Thank you!
ValaEnVash chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
This was the most amazing first chapter. I immediately read the prequel and omg i wanted to go steal john away from that madman.
rowantree chapter 24 . 9/21/2012
This needs to come with a warning about getting no sleep because the reader is too engrossed in your story! A fantastic job!
HannahSolo chapter 24 . 9/16/2012
Utterly amazing. How many times have I used that word for Grace and Boys? But it's true! What a whirlwind! Now on to the third book!
HannahSolo chapter 23 . 9/16/2012
It's so very hard to read with eyes covered in horror. Must get new box of are amazing.
HannahSolo chapter 22 . 9/16/2012
Chap 21 ends - OH NO! Chap 22 starts - 48 hours earlier? What are you trying to do, what torture is this? Aaaa! (Must now go read the rest of chap 22.)
HannahSolo chapter 20 . 9/16/2012
"Really, John, sometimes, you are the tallest man I know." - this is such a lovely line! Enjoying this SO much - my life is on hold cuz I MUST finish reading! Lock the door & turn off the phone...
HannahSolo chapter 15 . 9/15/2012
Uh-oh, Sherlock. You are in major trouble! Loving this!
HannahSolo chapter 14 . 9/15/2012
Oh, no! Sherlock - don't! Just loving this whole series. And loving "his Army doctor". sigh. And squeee.
HannahSolo chapter 5 . 9/14/2012
Oh, squeeee!
HannahSolo chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
Oh, my goodness. I'm crying here. What a range of emotions in this chapter! Where are my tissues?
foxeye10 chapter 24 . 9/13/2012
Absolutely brilliant!

Although I can't help feeling sorry for the characters after you're done with them!
The things you put them through...

But anyway, gorgeous story and I can't wait to get reading the next part!
Guest chapter 24 . 9/11/2012
actually this is a review of the whole work so far - I have just finished There but for the Grace of John Watson. This is brillient; very sensitive and very well written. Characters excellent. Especially like Mycroft; in ACD canon, there is no real suggestion that Sherlock hates or resents his brother ( as you see in a lot of fanfic), just that there is the typical rivalry between syblings. Please do write lots more - I am a fast reader, and can't get enough of this. Well done, you. ( Oh, I am a 50, female Sherlock BBCTV fan, by the way)
Nhl chapter 24 . 8/19/2012
You, my dear, had made my entire week. Every afternoon, after work and a nap, I read your long, intricated chapters, and I couldn't think of anything else the whole day. Even though I couldn't understand everything due to my eagerness to go along with the story and to the fact English is not my native language - well, I think you did a great, great job at writing this. But right now my head hurts (and thank you for making me cry my eyes out for your description of Rob's death), my eyes hurts because I looked too closely at my computer screen, but I'll read the book 3 as soon as I can. Thank you, at last, for writing this, and by the way, I've never learned so many words/expressions in another fic before (1st prize for "Christ in a cracker" or whatever - too bad French doesn't have anything close to that).
See you.