Reviews for The Boys of Baker Street
braceface freak chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
OMW! OMW! YES! NEW STORY FOR OUR JOHN AND SHERLOCK! What a fantastic New Year's present! I adore it just as much as the last one, and I think I may enjoy it even more. The engagement has made me sooooooooo happy! I'm completely thrilled that Sherlock has told John (even if we knew that was how he felt all along) and they are going to get married, I'm glad Sherlock could offer our dear sweet Army Doctor some happiness and relief during all his trials. You writing is as stunning as always and I cannot wait for more. I am so excited to see all the wonderful (and trialing) times our lovely couple have, especially with you writing about them. Thank you.
tsukinoblossom chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Oh, sweet Jesus I don't even know where to start. I didn't think it was possible for you to outdo yourself but this was so spectacular. Wonderful blend of angst, hurt, comfort, humour... Your interactions are spot-on, I especially love your portrayal of Mycroft, over-bearing and long-suffering as he is.

I can't wait for the continuation of this.

Also, thank you so much for the shout-out!
raven612 chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Ahhhh good God that was amazing! I loved it sooooo very much and I can't wait to see what comes next! You do such an amazing job with our boys...I just can't stop reading your works! So bloody fantastic! Gah, I so cannot wait for more! You're new story is going to be amazing, I already know this!
Jackie Ryan chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Wow. First off, thank you for my shout out at the beginning of this story. And oh my god, that was so good. I honestly loved this. Sherlock and John, Mycroft, Lestrade, Lori, I think everything was perfect, especially the proposal, and what came after, and then all that talking and sobbing and listening. So lovely, I really enjoyed it. Keep writing :)
Entropic Cascade chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Wow, just wow! That was epic - honestly, I'd be happy with that as a standalone, but there's going to be more! I was late to the "THERE BUT FOR THE GRACE OF JOHN WATSON" party, but I did not want to miss out on the sequel.

That is a beautiful peice of writing, it broke my heart when John was screaming at Sherlock and it broke my heart at the end - but in a good way - when Sherlock showed John such love and *ahem* tenderness.

I'd be here all night if I picked out every single section I loved. So suffice so say, brilliant writing. Delighted that the first chapter is up.
HOS70 chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
What an epic first chapter! I had been so terrified for John throughout your previous story, that I'm ridiculously happy for him to be safely cared for in hospital, despite him having to live through those awful attacks.

I've been thinking about this review for some minutes now and must admit that there is no point at all in quoting all my favourite bits back at you, or we'll all still be sitting here a couple of hours from now. So I will try to restrict myself to saying how impressed I am by how much Sherlock seems to have grown up and how perfectly he's trying to do right by John, including "playing nice" with poor (yet gorgeous) Lestrade.

I also continuously adore the way your Mycroft is dealing with the situation and is supporting his brother and soon-to-be brother-in-law in their ordeal. That he finds the time during all that to concern himself with interior decorating issues is truly admirable :-).

I mustn't forget to mention lovely Lori and salute her for unflinchingly incurring (and surviving) Sherlock's wrath which - I'm very happy to note - didn't last very long at all.

Lastly, I'm so grateful to you for managing to lighten the mood by the almost slapstick-like scene of Sherlock's proposal, including the intended fratricide and the "lots and lots of sodding witnesses".

P.S.: Sherlock's steamy proof to John, that John has nothing to worry about in the downstairs department was so hot and also so sweet. I'm glad Sherlock's death stare at the long-suffering nurses worked!
Handful of Silence chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
First thing - thank you, thank you, thank you for recommending me! I don't think I've ever been mentioned in someone's author alert before, and never with such glowing praise, so come here you wonderful woman *hugs*.

*ahem* On the actual story - there are as always so many wonderful things I can say about it. I of course was expecting the angst, and god, did it make my heartstrings ache when John was screaming at Sherlock. Because although Sherlock clearly knows he doesn't mean it, knows that it was the same for him when he was dealing with the drugs, there's no way those words wouldn't have hurt.

I wasn't expecting the humour in this chapter, but it worked well. I don't think I could have ever imagined Sherlock shouting 'CHRIST ON A CRACKER', but it made me giggle, and the whole scene where he keeps trying to talk to John and everyone is interrupting was pure comedy gold ). And, while I'm here, may I congratulate you on writing a damn *smoking* men-going-at-it scene. They are a hurdle that as a writer, I have yet to manage and manage well, and so I clap my hands because it was not only well-written, but you managed to make it work even in a hospital bed )

I could write paragraphs on Sherlock's admission and proposal, and the subsequent cheering of the nurses, but I shall simply say that it was perfect and leave it at that ]
Jodi2011 chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Oh my, my heart is beating so fast. This entire chapter is filled with tension and humour and heartbreak and so, so much love. I have to take back every negative thing I've ever said about Sherlock because here he is pure selfless love and I do so admire him for that.

But poor John, another seizure? episode? and poor Sherlock suffers "This is killing me," he thinks tiredly. "It's killing both of us. And it's just beginning. Oh, God, John..."

and the heartbreak of John so aware - "Don't you realize I knew – I know – exactly what is happening to me?"

Then some lovely welcome humour from Mycroft - "What condition would that be, gentlemen? Is Doctor Watson pregnant?"

and finally this - Sherlock holds onto the man he loves. He holds onto the man who is the missing piece of his heart, the lost fragmented section of his soul. He holds onto John Watson.

And I don't mind admitting, I am now in love with your Sherlock :)

Brilliant writing as always, and well worth the wait. Thank you. And yep, more please :)
Druid Archer chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
"I have witnesses, John. Lots and lots of sodding witnesses!" and he's going to now go and commit fratriside! I LOVE THIS FIC! I laughed my ass off with this chapter...until the end of course when it got brilliantly serious...perfect mix of both!
669 | « Prev Page 1 .. 35 42 43 44 45