Reviews for The Boys of Baker Street
Synthetic Memories chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Huzzah for sequels!

Anyway, I was so excited to find that you'd started it and was happy to see how long it was. Although I feel like I've repeated this a few times, I'll say it again anyway- excellent job on your characterization. I feel like this is turning into an awesome character study with an intriguing plot. My favorite part was perhaps when Sherlock was desperatley trying to propose and was constantly being inturrupted- a spark of humour to balance the overall darkness of the chapter. Either way, I can't wait to see what you have in store for John in the next chapter (that, and I can't resist John whumpage XP)
comeonthensexy chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Whooo, sequel! 3 Goodness, this is gorgeous. It's very difficult for me to find slash that I don't feel slightly awkward reading-it takes a really wonderful author, and you have delivered )

I'm so excited for this story, and it's only just starting! If I cried, giggled and gasped like this at the first chapter, I can't begin to imagine how wonderful the rest will be!

Keep up the good work 3

~Luna
FishareFriends chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Again just love it. Can't wait for more. I get that this'll be a hard road for them but I really want to see how they make it through.

Just yeah, not to much to say but thought I should say something. Hopefully won't be too long before an update because I'm enjoying it already :).
emma de los nardos chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Oh, this is such a beautiful start to what I hope is a rapprochement between Sherlock and John. I have never read a confession of love and a marriage proposal from Sherlock that I liked so much. You built up so much angst and regret and guilt, on Sherlock's side, during john's capture, that sherlock's admission of love was so anticipated and, consequently, such a relief. You paced it very well, too, with those constant interruptions that just added to sherlock's (and the reader's) anticipation.

I didn't know that there could be those kinds of side effects to opiates and other recreational drugs, so that's another useful piece of information to file away in my Sherlock encyclopedia (I'm assuming that Sherlock had this problem at one point, with his drug use). I was very glad that Sherlock and John were able to overcome those potential problems. And I appreciate your frankness at dealing with this kind of issue.

Looking forward to more...especially the impending nuptials!

Happy new year,

Emma
constantlycold chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Yay! New story!

So great. I doubt I can tell you much that anyone else hasn't said yet... it's divine!

Oh well... This is going to be so great! Your amazing!

Made my day to wake up and see this :)
Lusca Luna chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Great start to the sequel. I adored the first.
enchanted nightingale chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
nice!
kasandra16 chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
That was amazing, fantastic and wonderful.

My heart is about to burst out of sheer joy.
Rairakku1234 chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Amazing! I loved your previous one and this is just as good.

Great Job! can't wait to see more.

Rairakku
braceface freak chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
OMW! OMW! YES! NEW STORY FOR OUR JOHN AND SHERLOCK! What a fantastic New Year's present! I adore it just as much as the last one, and I think I may enjoy it even more. The engagement has made me sooooooooo happy! I'm completely thrilled that Sherlock has told John (even if we knew that was how he felt all along) and they are going to get married, I'm glad Sherlock could offer our dear sweet Army Doctor some happiness and relief during all his trials. You writing is as stunning as always and I cannot wait for more. I am so excited to see all the wonderful (and trialing) times our lovely couple have, especially with you writing about them. Thank you.
tsukinoblossom chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Oh, sweet Jesus I don't even know where to start. I didn't think it was possible for you to outdo yourself but this was so spectacular. Wonderful blend of angst, hurt, comfort, humour... Your interactions are spot-on, I especially love your portrayal of Mycroft, over-bearing and long-suffering as he is.

I can't wait for the continuation of this.

Also, thank you so much for the shout-out!
raven612 chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Ahhhh good God that was amazing! I loved it sooooo very much and I can't wait to see what comes next! You do such an amazing job with our boys...I just can't stop reading your works! So bloody fantastic! Gah, I so cannot wait for more! You're new story is going to be amazing, I already know this!
Jackie Ryan chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Wow. First off, thank you for my shout out at the beginning of this story. And oh my god, that was so good. I honestly loved this. Sherlock and John, Mycroft, Lestrade, Lori, I think everything was perfect, especially the proposal, and what came after, and then all that talking and sobbing and listening. So lovely, I really enjoyed it. Keep writing :)
Entropic Cascade chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Wow, just wow! That was epic - honestly, I'd be happy with that as a standalone, but there's going to be more! I was late to the "THERE BUT FOR THE GRACE OF JOHN WATSON" party, but I did not want to miss out on the sequel.

That is a beautiful peice of writing, it broke my heart when John was screaming at Sherlock and it broke my heart at the end - but in a good way - when Sherlock showed John such love and *ahem* tenderness.

I'd be here all night if I picked out every single section I loved. So suffice so say, brilliant writing. Delighted that the first chapter is up.
HOS70 chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
What an epic first chapter! I had been so terrified for John throughout your previous story, that I'm ridiculously happy for him to be safely cared for in hospital, despite him having to live through those awful attacks.

I've been thinking about this review for some minutes now and must admit that there is no point at all in quoting all my favourite bits back at you, or we'll all still be sitting here a couple of hours from now. So I will try to restrict myself to saying how impressed I am by how much Sherlock seems to have grown up and how perfectly he's trying to do right by John, including "playing nice" with poor (yet gorgeous) Lestrade.

I also continuously adore the way your Mycroft is dealing with the situation and is supporting his brother and soon-to-be brother-in-law in their ordeal. That he finds the time during all that to concern himself with interior decorating issues is truly admirable :-).

I mustn't forget to mention lovely Lori and salute her for unflinchingly incurring (and surviving) Sherlock's wrath which - I'm very happy to note - didn't last very long at all.

Lastly, I'm so grateful to you for managing to lighten the mood by the almost slapstick-like scene of Sherlock's proposal, including the intended fratricide and the "lots and lots of sodding witnesses".

P.S.: Sherlock's steamy proof to John, that John has nothing to worry about in the downstairs department was so hot and also so sweet. I'm glad Sherlock's death stare at the long-suffering nurses worked!
678 | « Prev Page 1 .. 35 42 43 44 45 46 Next »