Reviews for The Shadow
Black-Fl0wer chapter 27 . 2/2/2012
Okay, I'm now through with all chapters you've uploaded so far. :) There were many, many, many parts I really loved.

Beginning with Mara Jade's appearance in this story (I really like her charakter). Vader's interaction with Luke has also turned out well. I found myself laughing at some parts; sometimes Luke's answers are really cheeky. But then again the parts where he's interested in his father's past definitely stand out. I was surprised that Vader spoke about himself once being Anakin and his love to Padmé without notes - and evertime Luke asked him something and he finally answered him he even wasn't ooc. You really did a great job with his portrayal.

My highlight so far was the chapter "Bonding". I get the feeling that his human side slow but steady comes out more and more of Vader. I smirked when Luke asked his father to teach him for the first time. :o)

Oh well, err.. As I said, I'm not good at reviews, but I wanted to leave you some feedback so badly, because I love this story so much. Please keep the great work up. :o)

Oh, and last but not least: I'm sorry for my English. Dx
Candelabra chapter 27 . 1/31/2012
Aahhh

This is the fic I have been waiting for!

First, I fucking love your Darth Vader. So many other fics with Luke and Darth Vader end up making Vader so... fluffy, or at the very least 'not really evil'. Here, he's still power-hungry, completely lacking in empathy or morals, and basically a horrible person, he just also loves his son - which is exactly as he should be!

I also really love Luke's warping by the dark side. I would have thought he'd have held out a bit longer before he accepted Vader's deal, but after he did, and began training with him, the gradual (and at times not so gradual) takeover by the dark side has been really well done.

My only complaint would be Luke is acting a bit too... hmm, bratty isn't the word, but perhaps arrogant? Or foolish? The risks he takes with, for example, telling Zed's friends about knowing Han Solo, and all the blatant defiance of Vader in front of other people, and more especially the little fooling around in the TIE fighter his first time in it... seem a bit out of character for him, especially considering the gravity of the situation in the last one.

That said, I'm really, really enjoying this fic. I'm so glad you're updating this quickly! And the chapters are so wonderfully long!

Definitely my favourite "Luke and Darth Vader join forces" fic.
EmeraldEyedJedi chapter 27 . 1/31/2012
Oh Force Luke...please, PLEASE dont get into trouble. And beat that chick will ya!
Hi chapter 27 . 1/31/2012
Awesome as always! You are superb! Keep up the great work! Can't wait for next update! I love the Luke and vader interactions. You have a nice feel for each characters personality. Good job! Update soon please!
Carrie2sky chapter 27 . 1/31/2012
Another exciting chapter! I wonder though, is this going to turn into a Luke/Mara pairing? I'm not fond of pair, personally.

Looks like Luke may be getting himself into trouble again...he just can't stay out of it can he?

At the end of the chapter you have the word "he" at the bottom. Is that supposed to be there?

Looking forward to the next one!
Blake2020 chapter 27 . 1/31/2012
great chapter
ILDV chapter 27 . 1/31/2012
Very Very GOOD
tigerstarkitteh chapter 26 . 1/27/2012
NICE WORK! I WANTED BOBA FETT TO DIE
igbogal chapter 26 . 1/26/2012
Wow, I never thought I'd say this about a ruthless bounty hunter, but...awww, poor Boba Fett! His death was handled beautifully, however; his choice to die a free man is curiously similar to what a rebel might do (and is a great callback to that old saying about how those who trade freedom for security deserve neither). In keeping with the emotional complexity of the story, it's fitting that this dramatic scene comes after a brief tender moment between Luke and Vader. It's interesting that Luke mentions his friendhip with Han too, though he may wonder what shape that friendship will be in after his internship with Vader is finished... ;) I wish you the best of luck with school, life, and everything!
Blake2020 chapter 26 . 1/26/2012