Reviews for The Shadow
EmeraldEyedJedi chapter 22 . 1/20/2012
Well that went well. Perhaps. I guess we'll see when Palpatine ruminates.

I wonder what Leia is going to do about what Obi-Wan told her. With the Rebels off the hook so to speak with Vader on Coruscant, it's the perfect time.
ILDV chapter 22 . 1/20/2012
Very GOOD
JACK NAIPER chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
Damn this is great, but I dont know why people keep saying luke is short, im pretty sure hes like 5,9 just like the guy who played him. That puts him at average height without question. Although a LOT of people base it off of a comparison to Vader's height witch is like 6,5-6,6...ya know, REALLY fucking tall! lol.

Very well written.
rosesforever294 chapter 21 . 1/19/2012
You are such an amazing writer. I happened across this story by accident and read through the entire thing in no time. Your writing is so much better than most of the junk on this website you could be a legit writer with a ton of books. Everything on here is amazing and it's great that you update so often. I hope that Vader findes out about Leia soon because im on the edge of my seat waiting! Please keep it coming and I hope this story ends up like one of those storys that has like 60 chapters because it would never get old. This seriously is my favorite story ever.
I love dance chapter 14 . 1/19/2012
Wonderful chapter! This is a gem of a story- very well-written and characterized, with such interesting turns. I love how Han still has faith in Luke, and that Luke ended up letting them escape. He needs to ask himself "What would Luke Skywalker do?" more often, because that's the Luke we all know and love. I hope he can resist the dark side and return to his friends soon, maybe even redeeming his father in the process. Excellent job- I'm looking forward to more! :)
Kurogawa Yumi chapter 21 . 1/19/2012
Auu, this is great. As soon as I read the chapter title, my day was practically made already! :D

Bonding moments. Gotta love them.

Keep it up!

~Yumi
sloganlogan chapter 21 . 1/19/2012
awesome chapter Im loving darth vader right now him and anakin skywalker have always been my favorite Luke not so much but the way you write him i find him tolerable, anyway great chapter cant wait for the nnext
GravityNeko chapter 21 . 1/19/2012
first time reviewing, but I have to say I really like the relationship you've got going between Vader and Luke. It doesn't sound phony, but very genuine. Definitely...sweet for lack of a better word.
Etta.Ju chapter 21 . 1/19/2012
Wonderful fic! I read it very attentively! ;) I'm glad that you update regularly! Thank you!
gbbz chapter 21 . 1/19/2012
Great story, I enjoy it tremendously. There are many points of notice, for example Vader is very, well... vaderly. He's consistent with his portrayal in the movies, which is surprisingly not the norm in fanfiction. Another one is that The Empire armed forces are composed of actual people, while not particularly original it is better than the alternative.

However, the story has, of course (which one doesn't), several flaws. The biggest one being, in my opinion, the total stupidity of author's Luke Skywalker. I know his apparent defection into the ranks of the Empire is a b*th to work out, not to mention write, but in this story Luke is fast approaching the level of Anakin Skywalker in the prequel movies (for edification purposes this is NOT a good thing). At least he has some qualms about it and constantly rebels against his father teachings, but still the entire justification behind his embracing the Dark Side is so preposterous that for me it breaks the suspension of disbelief. I have a feeling that the author tried to make Luke a kid and an adult at the same time and failed at both. This Luke has a lot of characteristics common to teenage protagonists, until he suddenly shifts into a more serious mindset. Frankly it confuses me.

My second biggest gripe is the author's disinterest in anything that does not touch directly upon the Vader-Luke relationship. The scene with Ackbar and Mon Mothma being a case in point. Two great characters that could be exploited and they don't impact the story in any way. Actually you could exchange them for two nameless rebels and the end result would be the same.

Despite my slight criticism I really like this story. It has structure (if one ignores the movie retelling chapters, actually they could be removed altogether and the story wouldn't suffer for it) and definitely leads to a conclusion of sorts. I eagerly await the next chapter.
EmeraldEyedJedi chapter 21 . 1/19/2012
Well that certainly didnt go as Vader had planned! And Luke seems to be straightened out for the moment...until Vader has him kill someone again, I'm sure.

Oh boy. I hope the Emperor doesn't get suspicious for a while.

And Leia! Luke babbled about feeling her. I can't believe Vader just dismissed that.
Carrie2sky chapter 21 . 1/19/2012
I loved this chapter! Bonding title fit this so perfectly! I love Luke/Vader bonding scenes and this was no exception. You pulled it off well without it being mushy, and yet it had that nice family touch to it. Seems that Luke is rubbing off on Vader a little and vice versa, which makes things interesting. Luke wants to save Vader, but doesn't think he can save himself? In part, I hope that both of them can be saved, perhaps by Leia.

Great work!
ILDV chapter 21 . 1/19/2012
Very very very very very very very very very very very very very WONDERFUL!
Carrie2sky chapter 20 . 1/18/2012
Another great chapter! Leia now knows the truth! And she's going to be trained! I wonder if she'll be the one to bring Luke back to the light! If Vader finds out about her though...

The meeting with the Emperor didn't go too badly, though I bet he's getting suspicious...

I look forward to the next chapter! Thanks for the fast updates!
ILDV chapter 20 . 1/18/2012