Reviews for Krait book 11a Head Girl of Prince Peak
Ebony Starstorm chapter 5 . 12/13/2014
You know, I always wondered... WAS Rom from that branch of Lestrange's? Or could he have been dumped on them as the poorer branch and been Rodolphuses or Rabastan's child? Even Bella's?
dianaanne chapter 20 . 7/7/2014
Made it through again. Jade is a favorite!
dianaanne chapter 6 . 6/30/2014
I'm alert, you're alert. This world needs more lerts.
Gardengirl6 chapter 20 . 1/22/2012
Confounding the sphinx - what are the odds? Still, at least they were mannerly toward her.

Oh, dear - my 10 year old knows prime numbers! What do they teach in the schools these days?

I recognize the 'higher magic' from Severus's taunting of Gerhardt a few chapters back. Anett's a wily one to pull that forward again to dangle in front of von Frettchen.

I enjoyed the ball, too - Jade poking at Madam Basco, and Anett boldly dancing with Mortimer. I wonder if there's a future there...
Gardengirl6 chapter 19 . 1/22/2012
I tell everyone that our Tuxedo-colored cat is called Spot because my children are avid Trekkies. I always thought that was such a nice bit of not-quite-getting-it-ness for Data. I sure could have used her as a bit of extra heat here last night; 0.2 degrees F when I got up today.

Interesting take on the 'diseases thought eradicated which still exist in places of squalor.' My daughter asked me recently what cholera was - it's epidemic in Haiti after the earthquake two years ago, and she'd never heard of it and didn't even know how to say it.

Oops, Jade didn't quite manage to stay clear of the snargaluffs after all. Yikes!
Gardengirl6 chapter 18 . 1/22/2012
Love Jade's transfiguration NEWT answer... baffle the examiner and have it published!

And a leopard called Stripey. Naturally. Why, then, isn't Professor Khan called Spots?

Nice annotation to the Elixir question - one wonders how long it'll be before that amendment becomes common use?

Examiner needed to be chanted out of his jinxed form... one wonders who is the student and who is the master here? (yes, I love Star Wars, too) I think the examiners are going to be asking for a raise, at any rate - or maybe hazardous duty pay.

Nice touch for Tony to use his flute in the Chanting exam! I'd love to have heard that.
Gardengirl6 chapter 17 . 1/22/2012
What's a toothmug?

And which are the Home Counties? I really should know that...

My high school was academically snobby like that - if you weren't going to college, well, what was WRONG with you? I think only one girl got married right away - not pregnant, by the way - and two or three enlisted in the military.

Love the discrepancy in the shield charm info for all their exams! That must give the examiners something to think about.
Gardengirl6 chapter 16 . 1/20/2012
Wow, I wish I could say Silvina Brewer is just a storybook type, but unfortunately I know that there are far too many lazy, selfish, self-justifying types out there. Nicely written! Poor thing, and of poor stock to boot. Bleah!
Gardengirl6 chapter 15 . 1/20/2012
Farting in melody is such a hilarious notion! And that tune in particular would have annoyed the dickens out of her.

"melodramatic megalomaniac mediocrity" - yes, your Beowulf-love shows here! Alliteration is my favorite. My children could identify it be the age of four. Wow, followed on by 'moaning muttonhead?' I may swoon!

And "no sane man LIKES being a werewolf, it is a terrible affliction" - what a brilliant bait for a Greyback-type who obviously does like being a monster!

Well-intentioned - o the multitude of sins hidden behind those words.
Gardengirl6 chapter 14 . 1/20/2012
How lovely to see the roots of such a fine family tradition!

Love Jade's management of Basco. Nicely done, Jade!

Really, Mme Maxime's foundation garments are a bit much to contemplate!

Nice of Nachtigall to put himself on report, wasn't it?

Pity Jade couldn't duel Hedda. She'd have cleaned the floor with her.
Gardengirl6 chapter 13 . 1/20/2012
Oops, cultural misunderstandings can be SO embarrassing! Especially for a child already so anxious.

English is a wretched tongue indeed. I love it dearly, and give thanks that I learned it as a first language!

Uh oh. Sounds like Eve is going to become acquainted with being a woodlouse here soon unless she shapes up quick-like.

Essence of several Inferi having a wild party? Ah, he surpasses HIMSELF, too.

I know 'deputation' only from excessive readings of Thomas the Tank Engine, myself.

Gotta love Severus's answer to BaHH's inquiries. He explains, then distracts - go searching for hidden passages indeed.
Gardengirl6 chapter 12 . 1/20/2012
Sounds to me like Hanna-Leena needs the gift of the type of swap that Lionel and co had - you harass my awful relatives and I'll harass yours.

It's lovely to see Yrdl settling in nicely, too.

It's a shame that young Nachtigall got away without a hexing, but I'm sure there will be more opportunities to put him in his proper place.

The mind of the young teen male is indeed a dodgy and dangerous place to venture!
Trancefan chapter 20 . 1/17/2012
Yay Jade! Yay Lionel! Best outcome ever. :D And glad to see Annet learning a lot. :)
Queen of the Jungle chapter 20 . 1/17/2012
great wrap up to the story! I loved the swooping cursers! and do I smell romance between Mortimer and Annett?
Queen of the Jungle chapter 19 . 1/16/2012
poor Yrdl! I'm glad Severus got them all sorted out! honky tonk dancing spiders! I don't know whether to laugh or shudder.
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »