Reviews for She Remembers
CountryGrl chapter 1 . 8/29/2013
Aw, I love this AU! Poor Leonard. Kickass Penny is kickass. Lovely.
Scooter12345 chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
This is so fantastic I'm not fazed by the AU at all. It seems almost cannon with how in character they are. Really nice work.
TickleTheToast chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
Oh, that's nice. :)) It seems plausible, too, character-wise! Penny would protect a friend; reminds me of the Todd Zarnecki Incursion. :D

Never stop writing!

~Ashe*
Cbarge chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
I must say this shorter version works kinda well and ive read stories that depict every year of school. GJ looking forward to reading the next chapters
ennaxxor chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Opening the Box! I may not know nearly as much about it as Nicole, but I remember you talking about it, and I'm still THRILLED that you wrote this for her, even as the abridged version! :D

I love the parallels with the two times Penny sticks up for him. And both Leonard and Penny and their interactions are basically exactly how I'd imagine they'd be at those ages. Can't wait to read the rest!
WeBuiltThePyramids chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
First of all, just excuse me while I flail up a storm over the fact that THIS IS OPENING THE BOX! *faints* And I don't care if it's a shortened version because I was thinking about it a few weeks ago and was sad that it would never be published and this is one time that I DO NOT MIND BEING WRONG, AMBER SPAM BOT! *TACKLE HUGS IN CAPSLOCK!*

And OH did that beginning make me nostalgic for Four Square, actually, reading this made me nostalgic for the HOURS that we spent talking about this fic, I think I still have some of the files you'd sent me on our old desktop.

Leonard and Penny's families were totally in character; I know that sentence may seem a little odd since we don't know much about Penny's, but we spent SO MUCH TIME analyzing them that I don't see how we could possibly be wrong.

I also adore how this is told in flashback in Penny's mind, the HIMYM heart of mine makes me a sucker for this style. And I love how Penny, even as a little kid, is thinking ahead to middle and high school and wondering how Leonard will be affected by the new situations, very mature thinking for a little girl but because it's Penny and it's Leonard it definitely makes sense, she's the more secure one and it's almost inbred that she'd want to protect him. I read an article today in which Simon, Kaley, or Mayim (it was unclear who made the quote) said that while Leonard and Penny have had their share of friction, "I don’t think they could survive without one another.” Your fic is definitely keeping to that even in a whacked out AU universe, and I love it!

So excited to read more of this to see what you include! (Oh, and I also love how you mentioned Penny curling up in sweats, because that makes me think of our conversation about how sweats are attractive.)

And this:

"Don't you ever mess with my friend, Leonard again! Or I swear to god, I'll tie you up like a hog and drag you around with my horse, you got it?"

Best. Thing. Ever.