Reviews for Another Life
Being A Wallflower chapter 1 . 12/19/2012
Yay for happy fics! No, seriously, this was really good, although you can probably guess why I'm reading it - I've got to write a Remus/Regulus for you! I love how it was mostly speech and it didn't feel too rushed with not that many words. I honestly think there's not much wrong with it - well done and keep writing, Laura! ;)
Lyrica Prince chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
aww.. '(
OCDdegrassi chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
AWW! My poor Regulus. I love him with Remus. I felt so bad for both of them in this story, but Remus was driving me crazy! It really was a self-fulfilling prophecy. And I loved Regulus comment about sociopaths. Great job! And what's sad, is that Regulus ended up being on Remus' side of the war so they could've been together :(
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
I don't like how Regulus makes Remus be :( with Sirius it's so effortless that they don't have to be anything! Gah. I see how it works though. And still, poor Reg. No one likes rejection like that.
psycho-pink-faerie chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
Oh wow! This is a first for me, reading Regulus/Remus and I'm glad I read it. I love your dialogue, and the sadness between the pair feels very tangible to me as the reader. I love the characterizations - how sensible Remus is being, and how much Regulus tries to contradict this. You've used some very effective lines, and though short, it was perfect. I can't find fault with it and I'll definitely be reading more of your work. Well done.

Leanne :)
Yellowtail555 chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Nicely done. It's a great transition from "love" to anger and Remus has a believable reaction to Regulus's declaration. The whole conversation is well written and while normally I'd say you should have added more description to the backround, I think that would have just distracted from this piece.

I have two comments about the last line, though-

"Blacks don't cry, he tells himself, but that doesn't stop them from falling"

I love the "Blacks don't cry" part because it's what he'd be raised hearing but the "that doesn't stop them from falling" part is a little weird. I think it's the "them" part because you never specified what they are earlier so it should have been "but that doesn't stop the tears from falling" just to make sure everyone understands.

But overall, this is a great romance one-shot that runs very smoothly and portrays its message well. Good job!
Ivy.Lunar.Reid chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
T_T sad. Wonder what Regulus would think when he's dying? Up for another challenge?
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
I love the way you write. It's so easy to read and flows nicely. All your fics are. I'm doing this challenge too, so it was good reading yours to see where others were going with their fics.

The pairing you chose is rather intruiging and different. But I like how you used the "Maybe in another life, I could have loved you" idea. You used it really well, especially at the beginning. I really liked the line "Remus slides back, away from Regulus – yet not too far."

I don't know, I just felt as if that line summed up your story (even though it's at the beginning) really well and went well with the quote and your theme.

Well done. (and sorry if this review makes little sense, I'm currently sick and my brain isn't working like it should)