Reviews for Nightmares
fiche chapter 11 . 10/11/2012
Before reading this story I saw some of the reviews that said all three of them should get together as they all want to. Initially i agreed with that, especially since i've been in good relationships with that setup in real life. However, having just finishing chapter 11, I can't say i agree anymore. For one, not all persons want to be in a threeway relationship — perhaps that would suit Shepard but neither Miranda nor Liara seem to want that. There is too much jealously for it to work successfully anyway.
Speaking of jealously, i can't help but hate on Shepard for being so hypocritical & selfish in the way she's going about the issue. She herself felt intense "rage & jealously" over Feron, so much so she couldn't bear it (and Liara was even only friends with Feron). Yet when the tables are turned and she's not on the "hurting end" she so easily inflicts that upon others — others she's meant to love no less! — despite knowing exactly how it feels. How does such recklessness and lack of consideration fit with the apparent "hero of the galaxy", famed for her compassion, selflessness & honor?
I could go on for hours and write a thesis on these sorts of relationships & love triangles. So I won't. Tho I will say that, realistically, I don't believe an open 3-way relationship can work between these three... Not now, its already too stuffed up, and not with the personalities you've written (two specifixally: M & S). They simply wouldn't cope.
As for who I'm rooting for... (tehehe, pun) — it's a toughie as I love both ME characters so there's no favouritism here — but short of there being a huge twist where Miranda & Liara fall in love and get together instead (ha, least it'd be original!), I have to go for Liara. She's the only one with any integrity left. Miranda started off good but lost my respect when she decided to 'not give up her chance w Shepard just to do the right thing' and started actively pursuing her. Shep lost her integrity when she indulged herself and started screwing round, playing russian roulette with the emotions of both women, without sorting things out properly first. To me, it seems Liara is the only one who isn't just out for herself, who's actions reflect her words. Her understanding, permission to seek Miranda out, and setting up the final meeting are all for Shepard, not herself — she truly loves the woman and her actions show it. She even respects/cares about Miranda enough to invite her over, talk & comfort her. The only "bad" thing she's done is watch the meeting at the end, but that's rather minor and we don't know what fully happens yet anyway. Otherwise, Liara has painstakingly managed her emotions in order to be the better person. She's shown herself to be selfless & gracious and absolutely does not deserve to be hurt.
As much as i love Miranda, because of some of her actions, I can handle her being hurt. But Ooooh! Poor Liara, my heart breaks for her already! I don't think i'd cope with her being dumped, lol. Whatever happens i really hope Liara ends up happy. It'll be a sad, dark day that someone so good is so uncontrollably afflicted with something so bad *sniff*

Thanks for the read ) Sorry I crapped on so much. Your story is wreaking havoc with my head & my heart — the sign of a successful writer. Congratulations!... I think? lol
All the best writing the final part! xx
amy chapter 11 . 8/1/2012
liara, miranda and femshep need to get together. they clearly adore shepard and she wouldnt leave one of them, cause she cares too much.
Guest chapter 11 . 7/22/2012
come on let the three of them be together. if liara and miranda cared for her that much, they would do anything to make her happy. if she breaks up with one of them, she'd be miserable. so logic dictates that she needs both of them in her life to achieve happiness, which coincidentally is the exact thing they all want. surely sharing her is better than losing her, no?
birthofthecool chapter 11 . 7/22/2012
So, I'm finally catching up on all my favourite ME fanfics and thought to myself why not read the last (as I believed it to be) chapter of the torturously slow, smoldering love triangle betwen Fem Shep, Miranda and my beloved Liara.
And what do you do? Leave it at a nother cliffhanger.

Shame on you! Just kidding... well no... actuallly...

Really, take your time, I love this story anyway,

YOu seem more sure of your writing chops by now and are able to hold up the same high standard by now.

Nothing to critizise, only to praise. Well done, a nice read and a fluent prose. Thank you for your effort and work.

I'm eagerly anticipating the last chapter.

Since you've obviously seen the ending to ME3 now, it would be great if you could find the time to read my own ending fic, I'd appreciate your input, as usual.
Lost-Shepard R2 chapter 11 . 5/23/2012
I like how you potrey Shepard's conflicting emotions and still be able to control the blurry paragon renegade lines. And I also think your right about ME3, too many plot holes that honestly can't be rectefid by three bad endings that the only variable is the light the crucible projects at the end.

Keep up the great work!
MarleyEcho chapter 11 . 5/20/2012
First off I love the story it has had me hooked from the beginning. And I love the way you portrayed Miranda. Secondly I am a huge mass effect fan and even though I was a little disappointed with the ending of me3 i loved the game and knowing that my fem shep was still alive made me love it even more. I am an avid femshep/Liara shipper but there is just something about miranda. I love that shep is torn between the two if I was in her position I would be too and the way you have written it I feel like I am. Keep up the good work im eagerly awaiting the next chapter.
AD Lewis chapter 11 . 4/26/2012
Dum dum dummmmm! :D

And I hated the endings too - I got all the war assets and worked to 100% readiness online for no reason it seems :/
TJ Brooks chapter 11 . 4/24/2012
This story really is a gem in the rough. Few writers could pull off 11 chapters of passion and angst like this. I doubt many have tried. Some completely melting moments in ch 11. Another brilliant read. I still cant believe you havent decided! I dont even care anymore. But i am anxiuosly awaiting your next sentence after that cliffhanger ending!

More... More please hun...

TJ
AidenSky chapter 11 . 4/23/2012
I wasn't expecting a shout out at the end of this story but thank you for it nonetheless :) this was a sweet chapter. I really like your Liara and the way she's still tender but holds firmly to her beliefs.
mazariamonti chapter 11 . 4/23/2012
Yes that is the typical reaction to the ending. Aaaaaand the announcement of the extended cut.
mazariamonti chapter 2 . 4/22/2012
Now i know you like to do that weird thing where you add in a "no" at the end of a 'sort of' question, like "something came out of that no?" but im gong to be honest with you, people typically don't do that, men almost never do that, so Garrus should never say it, and as far as characters in Mass Effect, NONE of them talk like that (maybe kasumi if you count her). So you're putting 'your' voice into the characters, rather than their own. But what do i know? I'm just some guy on the internet.
RogueTen chapter 11 . 4/22/2012
I so agree with you on the me3 ending. As for the update, enjoyed it very much and torn. No matter how many play thru liara is always my shepards LI. But if was possible love miranda too. Such a hard choice but not sure could go with both without someone getting jealous. But at this point liara is bit in trouble. Looking forward to how that gets resolved. Cheers.
shibastare chapter 10 . 4/1/2012
Another great chapter! You've done such a good job with both relationships that I'm not even sure who I want to see Shepard end up with. Glad to hear that there will be something written for the runner up though.
THEcoolestmastr chapter 10 . 3/13/2012
I love this one of the best shep/miri ones yet please contune
jlel chapter 10 . 3/5/2012
I've finally read up to Chapter 10. And man, that was quite engaging! I can't wait to see how things turn out so don't you dare stop now CloudedWater! I think everyone else would feel the same. I, like you, feel the same too about writing stories - I feel too much for the characters. I actually cried when my characters died in my first ME2 playthrough. So I can understand why you feel the way you do about writing. Anyway, I do hope that Shepard ends up with Liara although I do wish you could have her have them both as I quite like Miranda too! XD