Reviews for Truth or Dare: Marauder Style
Aldira chapter 1 . 2/12
Is it weird that I can completely see this happening? You captured every one of their characters incredibly well. Peter surprised me with his confidence though. I wouldn't expect him to volunteer to go first, but him picking truth instead of dare I could easily see. I also like how Remus reacted when he was in the middle of completing his dare, how he judged her on her appearance before berating himself. I find that's a common and realistic quality to a person. My favorite part of the story would have to be when Remus gave his own dare and immediately James and Sirius start protesting. A protective Sirius is an hilarious Sirius. When James started shouting at the top of his lungs in the library, it was so like his character that I just smiled without even knowing. Trying to complete the dare so as to not seem like a coward while also attempting to get out of it perfectly captured his cunning personality. Although in the end, he just couldn't seem to bring himself to scar the poor Regulus's mind. That came as a surprise to me as well since I didn't expect to see the prideful James Potter cowed, but I guess some things just can't be done. Overall, it was a great story.
Elizabeth Blossom chapter 1 . 1/25
This was hilarious. All the Marauders seemed perfectly in character, and I have a feeling they had many games of Truth or Dare over the years. I couldn't see anything wrong with SPaG or the flow of the story. Great job!
WishingForRainyD chapter 1 . 11/27/2014
This was brilliant.

Seriously, when I read the description I thought I might enjoy it, it might be just the story to cheer up my night, and it was. Fun, light-hearted, with the proper doses of friendship, pranks, jokes, laughter… Just the way I imagine the marauders having a good time. Really good job!

I really like what you did with Remus. I mean: ‘Shush, none of your logic Remus!” That line was priceless (and being a person who was told something quite like this, more than once, it made me smile). More than that, his thoughts when he saw Peter’s sister were perfect… very… real… Although, to be fair, that part of the story confused me a little bit… I didn’t get that Remus wasn’t really in love with Alexandre until the time came for him to present his dare to James. I thought he was really in love with her, and the trick was to make him admit his own feelings, and I even thought he would dare James to declare himself to Lily! Well done not going for that easy road! They are far too young, for that, and it’s far more in character to make them make each other suffer a little bit…

The one character who was slightly out of character in my opinion was Sirius. Sirius would never do something and justify it by saying that it’s what “pure bloods used to do”. He loathes that kind of thing from the start (we see him as an eleven year old in Severus’ memory and already we see that he rebels against all that)… In addition, I’m not sure he would have been bothered by the dare given to James… He and Regulus were constant at odds, and being a person with a brother myself, I can tell you that, at that age, we wouldn’t be thinking about life-long scars, specially if we didn’t get along so well… Sirius would probably think it was a brilliant way to have a laugh, with the bonus that Regulus might tell his parents about it and nothing would give Sirius more pleasure than having friends his parents disapprove of…

Finally, James Potter. That was spot on. I don’t like James, he’s not one of my favorite characters at all (probably due to my loyalty to Snape). But he’s perfectly in character here. Not just the “I want to be the center of attention, I made up the rules, I’ll be the last one” part, nor the kind of challenges he came up with but especially the ending. He behaved just like Harry would, and we can see echoes of his son in him… Which is the way it should be… Spot on ;)
2sidedstoryteller29995 chapter 1 . 11/22/2014
This was so funny!
TheAMberFox chapter 1 . 11/5/2014
Me (The whole time): AHAHAH AHHAHAHHAHA AHAHA-*Cough* *Cough* *Falls out of chair* AHAHA-*Hiccup*
RosaSilvermist chapter 1 . 9/24/2014
Ha, ha! 'I'm not going to be able to wash my underwear for a month!'
in-dreams-maybe chapter 1 . 9/10/2014
I - can't - breathe - dammit! [Please don't make me/Please don't make him] was, in my opinion, the most hilariously wonderful line (lines?) of the whole story. I imagined them saying it so close to each other it was almost simultaneous. I'm reading this on the train and you just made me seem like a deranged lunatic (I hope that weighs on your conscience forever) :P

Anyway I felt like the Marauders were really in-character for this story and I liked reading about Regulus' innocent days and how he had a good relationship with Sirius (from what I could infer), before he... well, did all the stuff he wasn't supposed to.

I bet Moony is going to deeply regret setting that dare when James tortures them with month-long unwashed underwear!
jazzstar02 chapter 1 . 4/28/2014
haha so funny :D
LunaNotLoony chapter 1 . 12/28/2013
this is hilarious, particularly the end.
starlight.moon.princess chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
I loved this!

It's brilliant how James tries to postpone his turn, but gets stick with the worst dare in the end. And I loved Regulus' reaction - blame or all on Sirius. Of COURSE his friends are strange XD

The part about Remus' dare was brilliant, especially when James was confused about who Peter's sister was.

The ending was brilliant. I loved how James can't go through with his dare.

Well done :)
AmzyD chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
I really liked this, I think it was very in character, the Marauders are just brilliant! You can imagine this was what they were like when they were in their second year xD Excellent banter between them and the way you've written it is very good, great flow and just the right amount of humor!:D
Patronus-Charm54093 chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
I laughed so hard at the last part! You are an excellent author! Good job.
Painting Politics and Poland chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
Brilliant dares!
Louey06 chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
Aesome. I liked how in the end James couldn't do it. come on man up potter! Confess your undying love to your mate's brother! I also liked the fact that james didn;t know who peter's sister was i found that rather amusing.
Uni Shall Not Sink chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
Ohmygod! Lol! I loved this so much! It was really brilliant and I can't think of one thing wrong with it! Keep up the good work!