Reviews for The Back End
Shywrite chapter 2 . 10/6/2012
Desperately missing Stinko-style Family DiNozzo, so retread this; now more desperate than ever. (FFN won't let me review twice, so need to play 'guest')

So hoping you'll revisit your brood here - you do too many things well in writing them to let it go. However you managed to morph Nick & Nora Charles' sensibilities and timing into TIVA, it's just the best domesticated TIVA out there.

'Til then, will keep retreading & finding even more to like ...
Anonymous033 chapter 2 . 6/14/2012
Oh, my.

Very sweet! I love the story of how the children got their names. David DiNozzo. Never would've expected that, but I guess it IS a presidential name :P

-Soph
Beth Pryor chapter 2 . 2/22/2012
So cute! I can really see these exchanges between the two of them - the dialogue is spot-on and even more clever than Ziva and Tony alone.
Mari83 chapter 2 . 1/14/2012
I just love getting more from this universe. Seriously. You do their family moments so amazingly well, smile- and grin-inducing but never sugary sweet and always spot on with characterization.

"Few things put Tony in a better mood than grooming himself."

So true. This and the non-pinky swear (I'd use the anatomically correct or not so correct terms if Ffnet wouldn't filter reviews) also made me realize one of my favorite things about this story: There's this overall fondness for the characters that turns all their little idiosyncrasies into something endearing; sometimes maddening but lovable in total. It's Ziva's fondness of Tony in all his Tony-ness.

"If you'd met my Bellefleur-Paddington cousins you'd understand"

Absolutely deserving of a story of their own.

"It was a low-risk deal, she thought. She was about 95 percent certain that Tony would think the best name for Tony's son would be Tony's name, and she could live with that. The other five percent thought that he would choose another movie name, but these were generally less objectionable to her."

It would have been great alone to have only the deal over Rebecca's naming, with Zival all focused on the present and not thinking about the implications, but love to see the backend too:-) It's so much fun to read her realization that no, Tony does not intend to make his son Anthony No. III and suddenly she can actually think of tons of ridiculous male names all likely to occur to Tony.

"Chewbacca DiNozzo. But only if she's as hairy as you."

Snickering for the wholly inappropriate reason that Chewbacca sounds vaguely (and I admit very vaguely) like Rebecca.

"Ziva was kind enough to not point out that Tony's daughter shared a nickname with the world's most famous soccer player."

And her second name with his wife:-)

"This pregnancy was so different from her first that she felt the only explanation was chromosomal. Pregnant all over consoled by flan girl, mostly not pregnant all over hornier than hell boy. "

Reminds me of the saying about the pointed bellies being a boy:-)

"It was lovely that Tony and Gibbs had reconciled, but Gibbs did not have a single name that she wanted attached to her little man. Leroy? Jethro? Gibbs? Gibbs DiNozzo was a one-way ticket to gangsterdom."

Snort. Love her despair over the unforeseen potential naming debacles their reconciliation brought along.

Nope," Tony said. "I hated being Junior."

"He wouldn't be Junior."

"No, he'd be Trip or Trey or something even worse."

Gave me an aha-moment, I recently wondered what kind of a name Trip is and whether it was a name at all.

"Even unintentionally," Tony huffed. "I'm not likely to be careless about this, Ziva. I went to boarding school and military school and camp. I know every stupid way a name can be twisted. I'm not going to screw this up."

Excellent point.

"You're worrying about nothing, my dear," Ducky told her. "Anthony always takes the serious things seriously. And he always does the right thing in the end."

"Use your feminine wiles," Abby suggested. "And if that doesn't work, cut him off." Abby was adjusting to married life well.

"Don't play his game," Gibbs advised. "You should know better by now."

I love their advice, all so very much in character. I think I like Gibbs' no-nonsense comment the most, straight to the point and straight-faced, but I can just see the amusement underneath.

"You are going to be amazed at how great this name is. And crushed that you didn't think of it."

And it's so true. Brilliant and simple and in a way its very Tony to think of it and triumph. It's kind of a Gordian Knot solution, hidden in plain sight.

"In the early days Tony called him String, Noodle, Dunk, Beanstalk, French Fry, and Mitts. Becks called him Puppy. With his big hands and his big feet and his good nature, smiling while his sister tried to haul him into a standing position long before he could manage it on his own, he might have been a Labrador. It fit so well that Ziva became alarmed and insisted that he be called David before Puppy became permanent. They all tried, but the DiNozzos were congenitally incapable of sticking to given names, and David soon became Davy."

Awfully long quote, but it just has everything. Tony's love for apt but not completely flattering nicknames, both of the kids' different characters, Ziva anxious guarding over naming policies easing into a compromise... Most of all though, I love how fitting a name Davy seems for the sweet character you created and I really, really want to see more of him...
tonysmel chapter 2 . 1/1/2012
I think, that even if GG doesn't give us what we want, that you absolutely have to take this Tony and Ziva out to play with again. This was such fun to read. And the minute Becks rooted for Buckeye DiNozzo because it would get them in the alumni magazine and good seats at Homecoming, I fell instantly in love with her. Now who does she remind me of...?

I loved this, thanks!
Mari chapter 2 . 12/31/2011
I love this. Seriously. By the end of it, I was smiling brainlessly-happy at the screen. And I'm embarrassed that I still haven't reviewed your last story and will try to live up on my good intentions:-p
Robern chapter 2 . 12/31/2011
good story
ytteb chapter 2 . 12/31/2011
Bravo! I did begin to worry that the baby would be a girl and we wouldn't find out Tony's idea for a name. I wonder - did the idea for the story arise because you thought David would be a good name for their baby and you wanted to write about how it came about? Also 'ninja management' - great!
victoriantealady chapter 2 . 12/30/2011
I laughed hard thru the description of Ziva's pregnant body in the first chapter! Been there and done only some of that thankfully.

Great story.
mprmusings chapter 2 . 12/30/2011
perfect, simply perfect. and i could totally see tony and ziva being this way but more importantly, tony totally being the opposite of senior. thank you for sharing!
Pitselehvv chapter 2 . 12/30/2011
I love this characterization of Tony and Ziva. It has both a familiarity and a complete freshness to it that I can't quite put into words. I can only say that they feel true, and yet, it feels like I'm reading a side we'll never get to see but it is hidden in them somewhere. Thanks for your efforts, and for giving us yet another piece of this story.
pia chapter 2 . 12/30/2011
one of my favorite stories, ever! great job!
VioletHawk chapter 2 . 12/30/2011
Sweet...little Becks and Davy Dinozzo :)
VioletHawk chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Sweet...can't wait until baby Dinozzo is born :)
megamom2 chapter 2 . 12/30/2011
"ninja management"! Just one of many inspired bits! This made me smile throughout!