Reviews for And Tenement Halls
David Mayer chapter 1 . 4/14
A very good read, but also a very hard read.

To watch the characters begin in childhood innocence, progress through those oh so awkward "tween" years, on to a long, passionate romance, only to be extinguished by the cruel hand of fate, was rough. It is a very emotional story, one that, yes, moved me.

Good momentum throughout the entire story. Pace, and prose, make it an enjoyable read.
Vin chapter 1 . 4/13/2015
That was amazing. Distressing, but amazing. The amount of detail in every scene, it was so vivid and lifelike, it felt as though I was standing right next to the characters at every moment. That is some really skillful writing there, in order to be able to bring to the story that kind of depth and detail, in order to make your readers actually FEEL what the character is going through. The second person narrative accentuates this effect. Speaking of second person narratives, it doesn't feel as though this is your first time ever writing in this style - there's a certain finesse in your writing, a finesse that usually only experienced writers possess.
If I were to nitpick, the only real 'issue' I could find in the whole thing was that the second person narrative makes it so ominous, and I sort of 'braced' for a rough ending from the start, which kind of softened the blow considerably. Also, the swearing in the end felt just a teeny bit excessive. I understand it projects the frustration and agony of the protagonist, but it felt ever so slightly jarring in an otherwise flawless work. But again, I admit I'm not too familiar with second person narratives, so maybe all that's just me. I also understand that it is incredibly difficult to write a second person narrative well, and you have done such an outstanding job!
I'm really looking forward to reading your other works. Hope to see some originals in the future. You are an amazingly talented writer, Naya. Keep up the good work. :)
- Vin
csioo1 chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
just one other thing how you didn't win that contest I'll never know and have so little reviews is beyond me. Your writing was perfect perfect perfect.

Ok I'm off to have a cry again.
csioo1 chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
I have never never never never cried in a FF the way I did in this one. OMG it was gutwrenching agony and I felt every bit of despair edward did. Just thinking about it all again I'm starting to well up. Sad/beautiful/tragic/heartbreaking I could just go on. Thank you for writing this o/s, I feel like it's going to stay with me forever now.
ElisseJay chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
wow this story is so sad but so so so unbelievably amazing! great job :)
teambella23 chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
I just read this again and cried my fucking eyes out. I'm still planning on that epic review.

Gosh! So damn good.
Amewse chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
Such strength in your writing. Beautifully done, thank you
thepinktabby chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
*flails* OMG, i'm quite literally crying public. *sniffle* yea...people think im weird. HAHA Thanks for the sniffles, it really was a good read. I loved it.
theCULLENfan chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
I thought this was a fantastic story. Thanks for writing it!
sourpatches74 chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
This is such a great story! As sad as it is, I was happy to read it again after the contest. I voted for it Naya, & while it didn't win I still feel like it's a total winner...a story I won't forget. Added it to my favorites! :-)
Transport2Twilight chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
I really enjoyed rereading this story again. Beautifully done!
itlnbrt chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
Gah! Beautifully written... terribly sad. Loved it as much as I could love pain and death.

You are extremely talented.

Thank you for sharing that.
DreamOfTheEndless chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
Oh dear... that's beautiful. Heartbreakingly beautiful. These lines, "But that was your girl. Not anymore, though. Never again." made me cry.

Brilliant story. They didn't have to be Bella and Edward. In fact, I don't think you refer to them even once by name.

Loved the lay out, loved the words, loved how to chose the themes.

giantasspanda chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
i loved this, i really thought it'd win something. i have to check out your other stories, your writing here is amazing. so heartbreaking, having to go on without her.
JillyLW chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
It's great to read this story under your account. I really liked your entry in the contest and I look forward to reading your other work.