Reviews for The River Runs
Claratrix LeChatham chapter 7 . 10/19/2012
I like that she drinks tea. But if she wants to get stuff done, she's going to have to switch to coffee. You made the words pretty and they are in an order that is pretty and wow it has been a long time since I read HG fic. She's a good Career. It's a common pitfall to make them impossible to relate to, but there's enough me in her that I can identify a little bit.

Good on you. Keep making those words pretty and organized. You're great.

Clara
Toxophilite chapter 6 . 8/30/2012
Ooh, this is fantastic! Really. I'll thank you on Skype on day! Great job!
GlimmerIcewood chapter 6 . 8/29/2012
Maddie, you are perfect. This is perfect. ALL OF THE THINGS ARE PERFECT.

I know it took you a really long time to write this but it was fantastic. C: Corvus is pretty damn awesome, and it doesn't really read like you had trouble with him. I like the beginning few lines, it's really pretty imagery and was a good hook, me thinks. The last line is probably my favourite actually. Kind of sad, but I really liked it.

Pictor is awesome. And Andie. And Cara. And you're just a really good writer, yep. I didn't see any mistakes but I'm horrible at catching them. So if they were there, I didn't notice them. Four for you!

Yay for updates. :3
whisperasweknowit chapter 4 . 3/31/2012
The bits about his mother are amazing. I'm really interested in Conor's past.

BUT LISBE. LISBE IS AMAZING. I wanted to cry when he asked to give the token back. She seems so fantastic. I love the bit about her telescope and her family's garden and she's just adorable.

I also like Odessa. I was kind of hoping she'd be tribute, actually. xD

One note: you said at the beginning that they were meeting at 7:30 and then later said 6:30, I think. Otherwise, it was well written and well edited as always.

whisperasweknowit chapter 3 . 3/31/2012
["Basil Saff!"

What.]

I laughed out loud at this point. I don't know why, but I found it to be really hilarious. xD

I liked the chapter a lot. :3 I totally forgot about my character, so it was cool to see you bring him back to life. Also, Ivory really caught my attention even though she was hardly mentioned.

The last sentence was haunting. I can't really put it into words. IT'S JUST COOL OKAY I DUNNO.

Yes. Good.

Keep writing~

VividlyVisceral chapter 2 . 3/28/2012
I'm reviewing the prologue here since I reviewed the now second chapter when it was chapter one. Confusing to explain, but easy to understand.

Regardless, the prologue was a beautiful little snippet of your talents, setting us up for a fun game. I really love seeing the Capitol being portrayed (since Katniss was so "Growl growl, hate the Capitol, growl") and it was a marvelous way to introduce your gamemakers. They all sound very interesting, and I'll admit to smiling with approval over Demetria, and how there was just that tiny insight into her life by the simple act of leaving a note for her girlfriend.

Your writing flows so wonderfully. It's such a change from the usual clunky pace most fanfictions have, and I'm not sure you're aware you have this talent or not- because it seems natural.
A Band Of Thieves chapter 3 . 2/8/2012
My dad rolls her eyes]

Unless the dad just suddenly turned into a woman, *his? :P

I try and figure out and answer]

*an answer, I think

Because I heard that like five or six or the eighteen-year-old guys are dead set on it."

*of the eighteen year old guys

marvellous]

*marvelous, I think, unless you spell it different in Australia.

to violently orange fingernails]

*two

She's either going to make a great ally Then we're escorted into the Justice Building for our goodbyes.]

Typing error, I think.

I like how your writing flows so well, and I like how Basil is kind of a Career, but it's more the pressure from his father. You make him seem like a real person, like when he and Ruby said goodbye I wished he didn't have to go to the capitol.

Nice job~

-Fiona
Doc chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
So you just added a prologue? Or am I missing something?
Draco and the Sexy Snatchers chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
Yay Maddie! I really like your style and can't wait for more of the story! And don't worry, I didn't think you had "forgotten about me tribute." Remember, I'm friends with Siv and she NEVER updates. Therefore I am accustomed to being patient and waiting for new chapters. Keep on writing! :D
A Band Of Thieves chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
MADDIE I LIEK YOUR RITIN.

Also "HAHA SPELLING MISTAKE" ('cause you said to say it :P)

I like how Ivory is not a typical career, and it'll be interesting to see how she does in the arena. YOU CAN HAZ NICE VOCAB. And I like your writing style. :3

-Fiona
Generation Nothing chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Me gusta esta historia.

Y.

ORTOGRAF√ćA jaja ERROR.
VividlyVisceral chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
The first paragraph was like a cool drink of water. Staring with an alarm clock shrieking and blaring is fairly common, but you did it so... originally that it didn't feel that way at all- it felt entirely uncommon and fresh. I know this is an odd thing to fixate on, but I think first impressions are important- and you washed me away.

I loved the little details about the family, not too much that it feels like you're shoving them down our throats but enough that they feel... alive, real and... familiar. It's wonderful.

Couldn't help but laugh out loud about the "non-career" tributes being fashionable. If this was a commentary on how non-careers 'always' win in fanfiction Hunger Games I absolutely adore you. It was subtle and insanely clever.

The previous games sound interesting. I hope you'll reveal more about the past games of this alternate universe of yours.

Okay. You've caught my heart. Your reaping process is perfect. Have we discussed career reapings? I always imagined it to be a bit of a struggle and a potential brawl with the overall winning tribute bounding up the stairs. Sort of a race, I suppose.

This was a wonderful way to start the story. I'm glad you dove straight into the reapings like this. All I can say to wrap this up is 'Bravo, Maddie.' I look forward to the next chapter.
Toxophilite chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Hurrah Maddie!

Okay, so I loved the way you went with this chapter. It wasn't too fast or too slow. Ivory seems like a Career that isn't so ruthless, but is willing to do what she needs to do. She is going to be a very interesting character.

Also, spelling and grammar was awesome. No faults there.

Plus the part about the D9 girl? I go crazy over little things like that. I /love/ them.

What games is this? Did that girl become victor? These aren't that important, I am just a curious person.
GlimmerIcewood chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Maddie~! Yay~!

I absolutely loved this. The pace was brilliant throughout and I love the detail you added to every moment, it was never dull or boring to read.

You made Ivory very likeable in a way that most authors can't. Also I love how you added the relationships between her and each member of her family, especially Cas(though I'm still wondering about what you said about involving Caspia, oh no), and even her father because it showed that she's not perfect like a career is usually portrayed.

Overall, lovely first chapter. No mistakes and it was a very nice read. :3

- Rowan
whisperasweknowit chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Yay, you finally posted. :3

This was really good. Like, I actually have no criticisms. It's well edited and there's a nice amount of background so it isn't just a boring textbook reaping. Also, I like the part about the girl from District 9 who killed all the tributes. D

Keep writing~