Reviews for The Familiar in the Family
NatesMama chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
Ha. Nice ending. :)

And oh, poor Booth. It's amazing how sometimes the most innocuous words can cause the greatest harm, isn't it? That was a lovely but painful twist to a very sweet story. Great job.
Anna Crosswell chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
You write one shots very well. Thanks for sharing this one :)
laffers18 chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
This was just...perfect. Loved it...such a cute family. Every one should be so lucky :)

And this...

"You've been planning on holding me hostage in a hotel room all weekend long for nothing but sex and room service."

Every woman should be so lucky ;) Just...what a delicious thought. Add in the handcuffs and it's heaven ;)
ProfeJMarie chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
NIce - and a neat balance of overall fluff, with just a touch of uncertainty. I liked that bit with Booth struggling to hear Hadley say "Daddy hit me". Logic can live in our heads, but sometimes little things like that take over our hearts.

Anyway - fun, realistic kid moments with these two.
Jasper777 chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
Several of the authors here made me do what I thought was the unspeakable...stop lurking and sign up.

It seems unfair to read and enjoy, and not say something "in person" via a review. I read anything that has your name on it. You are that good. Keep up the peaks into Bones and Booth's relationship. It is deep and really, hardly explored...really.
Some1tookmyname chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
I adored this. You know how I love little bits and pieces of their family life and this was perfect.

I love that Brennan doesn't necessarily understand the importance of the snow tunnel, but her family's insistence makes it clear that it is important and therefore she is impressed by it.

I love that Hadley (and I love that name. Nice choice! LOL) tries and tries and tries to keep up with the boys until she just can't go anymore and it ends in tears that are all "their fault" And it tugged at my heart that Brennan calms her in a way she remembers who own mother doing.

Turns out Hadley is a Daddy's girl, which doesn't surprise me because uh, have you met her dad? Hello! But I love that even though that's the case he's just a little jealous of mommy/daughter snuggle time.

Even more, I love that he misses Brennan. Couple time is so important and I adore that they both recognize that and miss it terribly when life gets hectic. That made me happy, which sounds weird but it's true. It's a good example of their "in it together" attitude regarding their relationship. Other things happen, but they, as a couple, are important.

I have been on the end of a statement such as Hadley's. "Daddy hit me." It's a killer, even without Booth's history. It made my stomach flip, both IRL and in your story. Brennan is quick to realize she needs to shut Booth's guilt train down and she does so in the most darling and appropriate way: first she tells him and then she lets Hadley do it by just being with her Daddy. All is forgiven.

My husband plays that "my favorite" thing on our oldest all the time. That made me laugh.

And Hadley, coming down the hall at the worst moment. As a parent I can relate to that. Happens all the time.

This whole fic made me smile and awwwwww and made my tummy clench just a bit and then awwww again. And then again. I loved it. Thank you so, so much, Jenn. It's perfect. I'm a spoiled birthday girl. :)
toffeeeclairs chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
Cute family scene! Love it!
Baileyjane chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
"I need you, Bones. You make things better."

Sigh. So beautiful. This was lovely. Sweet, sad, a little sexy. You got it all in here and did it perfectly. You wrote them as a family exactly the way I picture them to be. Amazing as always!
Frankie707 chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Oh that was great. Booth and Brennan both loving and caring parents. Worried about doing things right, and so completely supporting each other, but also we get Booth and Brennan as a couple, lovers...making time to be just that (even though the pitter patter of little feet may interrupt from time to time). You really did an awesome job here, and I love that we get to enjoy someone else's birthday gift so much.
bibby180 chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Hahahaha I can imagine booth's face on that last sentence :) loved it and happy b-day to the lucky girl who gets all of these amazing fics :)
MiseryMaker chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Absolutely adored this story!
eitoph chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
This is just the sweetest! I have such a soft spot for family fics and this was perfect. Together they are lovely parents and I loved this insight into their lives together.

We also had a passing brain twin moment that should become clear when I post mine... Love it :)

Ha, what are the odds of us getting a sequel: Booth, Brennan and Several Days in a Hotel Room? That would be fun.

I do just love how you've shown their relationship here and think this was an awesome little present for Tracy.
sunsetdreamer chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Okay, so this just gets better and better every time I read it (I'm up to three times now). Snow forts and snow tunnels are just the best part of being a kid, and their daughter getting so tired while just giving her all out there is something we can all relate to. Also, I love the declaration that the tears are "THEIR fault." Again, something we can all relate to.

The domestic intimacy of Booth coming to check in on them while Hadley keeps sleeping and Brennan sits under her, it's my favourite kind of thing. It's the little snapshots of normal that could really fall anywhere within their lives, and they never fail to grab at me the most.

Brennan so quickly putting an end to any kind of negative train of thought Booth had going in the 'Daddy hit me' department was perfect. And Booth and Hadley making up? Gah. Shot. To. The. Heart. Too fucking cute for words. I also love Hadley's easy nod of agreement when Booth tells Parker that she's his favourite, lol. Such a bratty sister thing to do. And this;

Mommy, I'm thirsty. Can I have some of your grape juice?" Hadley asked as she motioned towards Brennan's glass.

"No." Booth called out sternly, despite the fact that he was already halfway out the door. Brennan rolled her eyes. As if there was any chance of her actually saying yes.

"This isn't grape juice, it's wine. And it's for adults only. Would you like some juice?"

Is made of win, lmao. Nice job, friend. Go the fuck home already. My separation anxiety is peaking.
harper83 chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Very sweet! Loved it!
jenheir1 chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
That was adorable; totally gave me the warm fuzzies! :)