Reviews for Give a Little Love
bountypeaches chapter 1 . 6/11/2014
I loved this! Booth was lying about moving on with Hannah to spare himself from his feelings for Brennan. But the line about "lies make the truth feel cheap" is why S6 is so difficult to swallow.

When you wrote:
"Thoughts of 'what's between us should just be ours' began floating through her head, she started to wonder why that applied to she and Booth and not the woman he was in love with. By the time she figured it all out, Booth was angry and she realised her imperviousness was still somewhat intact. But that didn't matter because Booth had told her that there was only one person you could love the most."

This is exactly how I feel about his relationship with Hannah. Booth was putting on a show for the world and himself. It was never about his relationship with Hannah. It was always about Brennan and Booth's refusal to come to grips for his feelings for her. By Daredevil, I think Brennan realized that too.
thorteso chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
This was an absolutely beautiful story. I'm sorry I didn't read it sooner!
Aching Bones chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
Hi there,

This was truly beautiful. Thank you...

Ger
Kamen Disguise chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
I love 3 so so so much. I love the format and the style and the jealousy. :) wonderfully written.
Wamzwrites chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
I was busy procrastinating and saw this still sitting in my inbox, so decided I'd click on the link. I'm so glad I did. This was fantastic... and just the little bit of awesomeness that I needed this morning to get going. :)
eitoph chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
Your description in the first two sections is my favourite.

"Because despite it being so early in their surrogate relationship (hell, Sweets hadn't even been around to alert them to that fact yet), Booth knew there was only one man Bones was capable of loving in that forever kind of way. It wasn't that he was being self absorbed or arrogant or anything else. It was just Booth with his gut feeling and the memory of their first case together. Their relationship was always going somewhere, (he'd felt that so surely when he'd kissed her, the taste of tequila and rain mixed on her tongue) and their destination was together, never apart."

Because of course he knew - he's the gut guy and something had to be simmering there. You have such a way with words that is really clear here, I love it!

"He was as serious as a heart attack with her and she was alone. Not that she'd had any plans to not be alone, of course. Because being alone had always been an inevitability for her, a single life shared was just a dream that couldn't possibly come true."

My heart aches for her in the best way here. It's so perfectly Brennan and it just captures all the right despair from that time.

You're so so right with this one: Booth and Brennan have a perfect, quiet kind of love and the reason that their past relationships were thrown around so much comes down so much to the fact that they were still trying to put on a show for each other. Booth and Brennan have always been about each other.

Lovely! You never disappoint :)
Frankie707 chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
That really was oh so lovely. I just love the way you did the comparisons between the different relationships, they different loves, and how the love between B&B was always meant to be. :)
Some1tookmyname chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Thank you, Em. This was so beautiful. You took my inkling and ran with it and did it in such a way that it's more than I ever could have made it. I adore it.

"Nothing about love is consistent, except how different it is."

That, by itself, is a genius statement and then you back it up with the rest of this fic.

I loved this "Their relationship was always going somewhere, (he'd felt that so surely when he'd kissed her, the taste of tequila and rain mixed on her tongue" because even though I think time has romanticized Booth's memory of that feeling, I do think he was crazy about her, wildly attracted to her from the get go. And the Sully things was a scrummy conundrum for him, because he couldn't quite admit there was still something there, but he couldn't let it go either. Love that you brought that to the forefront here.

I cannot get over the connection you made between how Booth is always telling everyone, showing everyone, selling everyone on his relationship with Hannah, but things between he and Brennan are supposed to fall into the "what's ours is ours" category. That's so brilliant and just perfectly shows what I meant with this prompt: They are so much more than the external.

And you had Hodgins, who is just my favorite guy, and his toast, which makes Brennan a bit uneasy, because she hadn't meant to hide, she just meant to be private.

And I can see them, forehead to forehead, so intimate in their communication and it just fills me with a shiver of joy because that's SO RIGHT. And SWOON at the things that Booth says. Indeed, they are for real.

"But for Booth and Brennan, it never truly found its way into the open until it was behind closed doors." Lovely.

Lovelier still: "They found the strength in their love much later. It was always inevitable for them; it just took a little longer.

Because the good kind is always hidden away."

Thank you for this lovely little piece. It was truly beautiful. I loved it completely and feel honored you took the time to write it for me. Thank you.
MiseryMaker chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Wonderful story.
sunsetdreamer chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
This fic just made me smile and breathe deeply. I love the rhythm of your writing, Em. I just love it. You always create these lines or glimpses into Booth/Brennan's thoughts that just seem so bang on, I can hardly stand it (and I mean that in the absolute best way possible). I've definitely decided that I love twitter and I love birthdays because even when it's not my birthday, I still get to jump in and share in the fic lovin' being handed out to the birthday girl.

I like that even where they are now, the little things people say still affect Brennan. It's this small thing that's consistent with her and it breaks my heart but it's real and it's perfect. And reassuring!Booth is made of win. Well done, lady.
jenheir1 chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Loved it!

My favorite line: "No theatrics, no justification, just us."
RositaLG chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Oh, Em... I cannot tell you how much I adored this. This leads to a conundrum because I must leave a review. Le sigh. I will try.

I had always sort of known that Booth's relationship with Hannah was for show and that he was trying too hard, but what you did here blew my mind. The connection to "What's between us is ours" was written so clearly and beautifully that my jaw dropped. Literally. How have I never made that connection before? lol. Genius.

These were my favorite bits:

"It was just Booth with his gut feeling and the memory of their first case together. Their relationship was always going somewhere, (he'd felt that so surely when he'd kissed her, the taste of tequila and rain mixed on her tongue) and their destination was together, never apart."

"Thoughts of 'what's between us should just be ours' began floating through her head, she started to wonder why that applied to she and Booth and not the woman he was in love with. By the time she figured it all out, Booth was angry and she realised her imperviousness was still somewhat intact. But that didn't matter because Booth had told her that there was only one person you could love the most. And she was pretty sure she knew who he meant."
EowynGoldberry chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
I enjoyed it:) I was also wondering if anyone knows why when I read fan fiction on my iPad, the screen is black and the words are white? What makes it weirder is it's only the page with the text of the story, not the main page listing all the stories or the review pages or author pages
Katniss730 chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Great one shot. I felt like the end part (after the reveal at the bar) really addressed why there isn't more public displays of affection between B&B (I must admit, I'd like more of that!).

This line is so very true! "But the problem with lying is it makes the truth feel cheap"
JMHaughey chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
You are so talented, did I tell you that?

This story is lovely. I'm keep thinking that we may never see a discussion of the past on the show. (Perhaps it will be behind closed doors.)

Hodgins' makes me laugh. "To the couple we have been betting on from the beginning. They hid it so well that if it weren't for the baby, we'd have continued pooling the money that is now funding Cam's Christmas vacation."

LE sigh. "They found the strength in their love much later. It was always inevitable for them; it just took a little longer.

Because the good kind is always hidden away."

X