Reviews for On the Fifth Year of Hanumas
DeathDagger chapter 6 . 9/4
tasheika.conley chapter 6 . 7/1
Loved the story.
AmityL242 chapter 6 . 1/13
Ok, my love, we need to talk about how much this story twitterpates me because of how close to home it hits for my life. Christmas gift from my love in 2013? A jewelry box ... made from super-polished olive wood. That sits next to where I sleep every night. Where Gibbs tells her she can hold on to his heart because it's hers, too? My guy and I wear rings with "My heart is yours forever" engraved on them (Italian on the outside, English inside). No wonder you're not only one of my favorite Zibbs writers, but one of my favorite fanfic writers, period. XOXOX
clestaffordt chapter 6 . 12/25/2013
Love it!
NotYetLostFaith chapter 6 . 8/13/2013
I love, love, love this story. The very organic way that they draw ever closer to one another is just perfect. I'd, obviously, love to see a continuation, as one does in all great works, but it's simply stunning as is. Bravo my friend. S x
mmkbrook chapter 6 . 8/28/2012
ON with my marathon-Just reread this. It could only be Abby who could come up with Hanumas. Among the interesting part of the yearly celebration at NCIS with Zibbs is the Matza Ball Soup. I had wondered if Ziva made floaters (after poaching in good old chicken soup they float) or sinkers-which I think are self descriptive.

Sinkers are like lead. Believe me many a proposal-according to my grandmother-was dependent upon the cooking ability of the girl to make floaters and the proposed grooms taste. I think these were sinkers as they had been refrigerated and would sink upon reheating. It dosen't look like Jethro cared.

Here again this story has so many layers. The love between members of Zibbs office family, Jethro and Ziva's solitary lives, Christmas and Chanakuh-holidays of their two respective religions-, the love Ziva and Jethro find with each other.

On the surface its' just a cute story, but sitting back and thinking about this group of people, who have to deal with the worst in our society, is a parable of hope, which is what Christmas and Chanakuh are.
brook chapter 6 . 6/11/2012
Really enjoyed story. At the rate they are going our Zibbs will have a Ziblett baking by next Hanumas. A holiday sequel would be nice!
Gibbsredhoodie chapter 6 . 5/26/2012
This is such an amazingly special story. The slow build of their relationship as well as the interaction with the team and the gift giving just had me captivated all the way through. How both Gibbs and Ziva had both come to see this time of year as their time to be together, even if it was at work and not in the way they wanted, until the end. Their feelings for each other continuing to develop over the years.

There was so much I loved about this and I found it really powerful and moving...I literally gasped when Gibbs gave Ziva that first present of the snowflake, and that last gift of the heart...his heart, was so emotional. The acknowledgement of their feelings and taking that next big step to be together just made my heart such a GOOD way! :)

And the ending! Not gonna forget that anytime soon :p Everything about this fic was beyond perfect.
mibel chapter 6 . 4/25/2012
I love this story! It's seriously one of my favorites! Yay for Zibbs and Hanumas! Lol!
Woody2792 chapter 6 . 4/15/2012
Wow, where do I actually start... Well, as I was reading this, I made a mental note of what I'd loved in that chapter before reading the next one. Without fail, each following chapter pushed my thoughts out of my head... All that comes to mind is something at the end of chapter 3 breaking my heart a little... And I'm damn sure I'm gonna go back and see why after posting this.

I loved seeing the relationship developing, traditions being created, and each character being...themselves and yet becoming someone with a new side to them.

As I'm not entirely sure I'm making much sense I'll wrap this up. This storypure love. *nod* :D
USAFChief chapter 6 . 3/19/2012
I'll never feel the same about Christmas or Hanumas or whatever. *grin*

Good job!

WithTheGrain chapter 4 . 3/13/2012
Another excellent chapter. So sweet that Gibbs always makes Ziva a gift from Olive wood. This line is absolutely perfect… He hadn't yet decided what to make and hoped the wood would tell him. It usually did. (Very insightful.)

Finally we get glimpse into Gibbs’ personal thoughts about Ziva… The erotic dreams and other unexpected thoughts that had started visiting from time to time over the past year made it clear to Gibbs that some part of him wanted more than friendship. (Wow! Can’t wait to see how he deals with this! I’m expecting a sizzling acknowledgement!)

You did a wonderful job with Abby being so perky and bouncy and making up the word Hanumas! Love how she always checked with Ziva to make sure nothing was disrespectful.
WithTheGrain chapter 3 . 3/13/2012
I love the way you’re progressing their personal relationship with lines like this… They told each other things they never spoke of to anyone else; somehow the dark places that lived in each of them resonated with the other, providing a basis for true understanding that often eluded these two when it came to relationships.

You did a wonderful job of covering the years and how they continued to grow closer.

Love that they keep giving one another gifts and being like one another’s secret Santa. The subtle meaning behind these lines are so sweet and adorable… "Must be a good friend."… "Oh, she is," he agreed, looking into her brown eyes, his own unreadable.

Finally a glimpse into Ziva’s personal thoughts about Gibbs… But God help her, late at night in the privacy of her own apartment, she'd started wishing that there could be more between them. (YES!)

This line… She had given this to him - and he had shared it with her. She hugged that knowledge to herself with an inner smile, warmed by the thought. (Loved the way you described their evening together. Gibbs so excited and at ease and how deeply it touched her that he shared this with her.)

Another fav line… His gaze shifted to her mouth as his finger brushed back and forth over her lips with a touch as light as a butterfly's wing. (I just melted with that image.)

And this line… That awareness sprang between them again, that sense that there was more between them than friendship. (You’re building this so wonderfully!)
WithTheGrain chapter 2 . 3/13/2012
This chapter had so much warmth and humor and tenderness in it. I really enjoyed this being their second year. It was easy to see how their relationship had grown and relaxed. So great that they did the same things as the previous year but also with some special additions. The gifts were wonderful! Love that she impulsively bought the chisel and then snuck back on Christmas to leave it in his desk. His gift to her really surprised me and it was lovely. He used the chisel to make her a gift! How great is that! Love the thought of a carved wooden snowflake especially after she had mentioned that she had wished it were snowing.

Ziva plays innocent so well with this line… About chisels? I am afraid not," she informed him regretfully, pretending to be ignorant of his real question. "Now if it were a knife or a gun, I know a lot about those." Her eyes gleamed with humor.

Loved the soft kiss at the end. That was perfect!
WithTheGrain chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
This story has been nagging at me to read it, so I have! A really wonderful start. As the saying goes, The way to a man’s heart is through is stomach, and I certainly think Ziva is headed in that direction. You describe their actions and relationship at this early stage very well. They are a natural pair to be working over the Christmas holiday. Love this line… he discovered right then and there that he liked making her laugh, seeing her smile. (So adorable.) Really liked the part where she comment on the snow then ducked her head in embarrassment and Gibbs’ reaction was wonderful and so sweet.

This line… "Well, if this is what you do to unwind, I'll have to wind you up more often," he teased. (LOL)… Brown eyes snagged blue as a zing of awareness arced between them at his words, taking them both by surprise… (Love this effect that his comment had on the both of them.)