Reviews for Learning to Pick Your Battles
delia84 chapter 1 . 10/13/2013
I know you wrote this ages ago, but I stumbled across it tonight and couldn't stop grinning ... this is great. Thank you for some laughs tonight!
penandra chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
I cannot believe that I didn't review this the first time I read it . . . . but after reading the random sentences, I went back to re-read some of your others and laughed all the way through this one AGAIN!

Since I could completely hear them talking to each other through this entire fic, I could quite easily see all of this happening, pink flamingos, gnomes, (Gus and Bertha, PERFECT), and all!

I will tell you that for my birthday last year some friends gave me a "garden party" and the gifts that folks brought were all for my garden. While I got some lovely plants that remind me of the wonderful people who gave them to me (including a dwarf Meyer Lemon and a dwarf Tangelo - both in full bloom as I write this), a couple of my favorite gifts are a pair of pink flamingos (which have just been named Gus and Bertha) - I also received two garden gnomes dressed in University of Michigan jerseys (they are named Bo and Millie after Coach Bo Schembechler and his wife).

Thanks for a great chuckle . . . I'm now going out to work in the yard! ;-)
daffodil101 chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
Heeheeheeee :o) Do I detect a whiff of The Bloggess here? mwahaha. Bertha and Gus are great :o)
KJFlygirl87 chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
I loved this story - it was awesome! I loved Bertha and Gus!
jsq chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
Oh, this was such a nice way to spend my lunch break during my first day at work after the holidays. This was hilariously cute...and yet, still in character. Really well done. Thanks for making me smile.
toffeeeclairs chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
Too funny! Love the gnomes and flamingoes!
TemperTemper chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
Bwa! This was priceless. Loved it!
MiseryMaker chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
This story really did make me laugh. Out loud. More than once. Bravo!
bibby180 chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Awwnn such a great story, a little weird but who doesn't like some weirdness in their BxB story :D ?
FaithinBones chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Loved that the little flamingos disappeared. Very funny. I thought it was a hoot that Booth was afraid of the gnome. I also liked how in the end they compromised about the house decor, even if it was after trial and error.
Some1tookmyname chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I just loved this. It's so HOW IT IS. Little compromises, a little pride swallowing and some settling.

Unless you are one of these two and then it's a war of passive aggressive battles that no one wins until they both decide to lose a battle or five.

I laughed so hard. I loved that the battles basically went on for years. I love that the baby gets the blame for the Gus and Bertha. Angela's art sounds special, too. Oh lord, what a hideous piece that probably is. Good thing that anonymous donor ponied up. And I adored that the flamingo and the gnome are now stationed outside windows. Very Beyonce and you know I approve of that.

And I'm quite sure Brennan won't mind the dinosaur bone digging. But I bet Booth's yard is his pride and joy. Too funny.

Thank you, Friend. This was a fun birthday fic. You outdid yourself. :)
Frankie707 chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
I love someone else's birthday means treats for the rest of us. :) That was quite fun.
Mimssio chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Oh, this is so adorable. And I didn't know it was Some1's birthday! Happy Birthday! And Jen, thank you for this fic. It is super cute and heartwarming, and everything works out in the end. And they are SO MARRIED. Seriously. I love it. Happy New Year, and to all a good night.
bailey80 chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Loved it! :)
sunsetdreamer chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
This whole thing made me smile like a crazy person. I've decided that Trace's birthday is kind of the best thing that ever happened to the rest of the fandom.

First of all, their somewhat passive aggressive (yet oh so friggen hilarious) methods of protesting one another's house decisions is absolutely genius. The Flyers colours in the media room made me choke on my tea (I've said this before, but I mean it now. You are now officially on the 'No Drinking and Reading' author's list), and it only got funnier from there. Also, flamingos and gnomes. Fuck. Yes.

the shuffling of their items as time went on and the eventual permanent homes of Bertha and Gus were just perfect. Sweet and funny and adorable all at once. Birthday WIN.