Reviews for To Describe a Gamemaker
jumpsinpuddles chapter 8 . 2/11/2012
Like an au version of your diary. Should au be capital letters?

Want more. have to go find more! Next book, here I come! watch out suzanne collins!
jumpsinpuddles chapter 7 . 2/11/2012
No, it's not over till it's over...
jumpsinpuddles chapter 6 . 2/11/2012
Love the circle!
jumpsinpuddles chapter 5 . 2/11/2012
Wow, great perspective. Reminds me a bit of "surviving Antarctica?". Maintaining a distance from tributes, but still keeping some humanity and your job. Sometimes a problem with even the most trivial of jobs these days, just not to that degree of course!
jumpsinpuddles chapter 4 . 2/11/2012
Love the idea of the ?holgragraphic room? A bit confusing regarding 405th vs 406th games. I guess you are prepping for the next book! Already sad that this is only 8 chapters long!
jumpsinpuddles chapter 3 . 2/11/2012
Excellent! Really loved Misty, insights into Lavender, want more, more,...
jumpsinpuddles chapter 2 . 2/11/2012
Poor Thespian. Parents can be idiots. Glad Lavender appreciates his talent.
jumps chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
Hey, love the intro, Lav! But I feel it's wrong to quote an author you have not read!
Amata le Fay chapter 6 . 2/4/2012
This was just heartbreaking, and very beautiful. "Alone" was the perfect word for this chapter and these characters.

And I've never read Ender's game, but is the reference "Panem doesn't ask us to be happy; it asks us to be brilliant"? I seem to see that quote a lot on your profile/signature stuff.
God1801 chapter 6 . 2/4/2012
Meh. Still don't like the gamemakers. Good story though :)
rainbowfreak37 chapter 5 . 1/20/2012
We finally see a preview of A New Tune's arena in chapter 4, right? And I guess I like Lavender, she's definitely an interesting character :p
rainbowfreak37 chapter 3 . 1/20/2012
This is an interesting story. The Gamemakers aren't totally bloodthirsty. Thespian is cool, and Kaye and Misty seems nice... :)
Amata le Fay chapter 3 . 1/14/2012

This, my friend... this was BRILLIANT. You nailed this chapter. I actually think I'm starting to tear up... okay, maybe not, but it was still really... WOW.

The dynamics between former Head Gamemaker and current Head Gamemaker and the realizations about how complicated this job is and how you're allowed to think things but not say them and how there are times when the Gamemakers like their job but hate them and the same time and oh my gosh Lavender's only 19, just a year out of the reaping (if she were a district kid, anyway)...

Great. Job. I really mean that.

(I'm going to have to try REALLY hard not to plagiarize from this while writing Survival.)
Amata le Fay chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Nice job! I really like the tone you used in this piece, and the brief but revealing snippets about each Gamemaker's personality. The way they interact is intriguing and makes me want to read on and see how they plan the Games. And the summary... the summary is brilliant.

One issue, though, is that I don't really see "friendly" in this Gamemaker; I see "temperate" or "phlegmatic" (though I suppose you're going there with Misty?). I can see where you're coming from (in that he's nice and pleasant to be around), and making his last name Amicus was a cute touch, but his voice in this piece doesn't really match my perception of friendliness. Though everybody has different perceptions, of course...

That being said, this chapter has got me hooked and I hope it will coninue into a great story!